CW-watches: 10

Re: Determination Poll

Post by snookssec »

Devarika Woulf wrote:Image
:thumbup:
Macca

Post by Macca »

I'm supposing here that the c3 has gained some support because it's not been an FLE yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

Macca wrote:I'm supposing here that the c3 has gained some support because it's not been an FLE yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are many appealing reasons but I don't consider the fact it is a C3 one of them. If it is, not a big one.

- Brand new case majority do not own yet. (Many people own multiple tridents and may not want another)
- Those that do own or have handled a New C3 speak very highly of the form factor and finishing.
- CW does not do panda dials often. I have seen a few but none within the last 3 or so years.
- It's a dress watch that isn't purely dress. The design adds a hint of sport and excitement.
- Affordable for the majority.
- In my eyes, it is the most cohesive design of the bunch. IE it looks like it could've been designed directly by CW which is a key factor for many.
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

Has consideration been given to the visibility of the hands on the C3 when they are going through the sub dials?
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Magnus wrote:Has consideration been given to the visibility of the hands on the C3 when they are going through the sub dials?
Probably be considered during the fine tuning/tweaking stage.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
matski171
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by matski171 »

What happens now, does that mean the C3 is the watch to be put forward?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

No final decision has been made yet, but it certainly does not look good for the C60 and C5.

It may take a few days for me to get the answers we need from CW. The C3, for certain, will come back to us from CW with a more accurate pricing estimate and some design work done. When? I don't have an exact date at this time.

As soon as I have further info I will advise.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
matski171
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by matski171 »

Kip wrote:No final decision has been made yet, but it certainly does not look good for the C60 and C5.

It may take a few days for me to get the answers we need from CW. The C3, for certain, will come back to us from CW with a more accurate pricing estimate and some design work done. When? I don't have an exact date at this time.

Thanks for the update, that's a shame the C60 did not get enough votes, maybe there will be one next year.
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

the ones i like are two and four, looks like i am too late on this....
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Kip wrote:No final decision has been made yet, but it certainly does not look good for the C60 and C5.

In the FLE Discussion Area thread Nordwulf and TheBeatles asked if the FLE production run had to be just 50 or what would happen if there was more demand than supply.

I know point 6 on the original thread for the FLE process stated 50 watches but the C3 has now over 60 votes and the FLE threads seem to show that more than 50 would sell.

Is it possible to go to CW stating that the 50 would be a minimum quantity but see if they’re willing to do a run of say for example 75 – 100? If over 60 voters have said they’d buy the C3 then a run of only 50 could potentially disappoint many forum members that have been involved in this year’s process from the very beginning. I know I would be disappointed if I missed out on buying the eventual FLE because there was only 50 made.

The C65 Blue/Orange run of 175 showed that a LE can sell really well and I think the Panda dial C3 would sell just as well even maybe better, although I appreciate I say that without the hindsight of previous FLE involvement or how easy / difficult it was for previous FLE’s to become sold out.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

^^^ Past experience has shown that the number that commits to buy is always higher than those that actually buy. I'm sure that CW will remember that just as well as we do...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

Is there any way it could have an automatic movement ?
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Yeah. Vote for the c60.
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Hicksmat »

too late also but I love the C5. The C3 would be great too if it was an auto, but I am so tired of the Trident, and it just doesn't sell, look at the CW sale page,
snookssec
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 10

Post by snookssec »

willttqs wrote:Is there any way it could have an automatic movement ?
I would definitely pay for the auto!