LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Determination Poll

Post by Kip »

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the Elimination Poll. We now have our 3 contenders for the Forum FLE #7. Three different models and 3 different price ranges.

The 3 winning selections will be submitted to CW for review, tweaking and pricing as originally planned.

The winning models are...

1st - C3 V1 RRP £350/$400 (Estimated FLE premium £50/$65-£150/$195 not included)

2nd - C60 V1 38mm RRP £660/$775 (Estimated FLE premium £50/$65-£150/$195 not included)

2nd - C60 V1 43mm RRP £660/$775 (Estimated FLE premium £50/$65-£150/$195 not included)

3rd - C5 V2 RRP £495/$565 (Estimated FLE premium £50/$65-£150/$195 not included)

Based on the voting, I am not certain we have enough support for the process to continue so I am conducting this poll to get a better idea. What we need to know is, will you buy these if they are built. If we do not have enough potential buyers we will be forced to stop the process here. If only 1 or 2 garner enough support I will tell CW to not work on the others.

We realize that there may be some changes or perhaps even additions from CW but just consider the way they are now.

This is not a commitment to buy, but for informational purposes only.

What will be determined from this vote is what size size C60 will be used and/or if we shall continue.

This is not an elimination, although based on the voting, a model(s) could be dropped from consideration. Please vote for the models you would buy. You have up to 4 votes.

The poll will run through April 9.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Re: Determination Poll

Post by Kip »

Remember that this is not a final selection poll.

If you would buy any one of these in a final vote then you should vote for all 4 selections. If you would only buy a C3 or a C5 then you should vote for both of them. If your only interest is the C60, then just vote for the size you would buy, whether it be 43mm and/38mm.

You may cast 1 or up to 4 votes.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
dibblecorse
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by dibblecorse »

Love the blue / orange C60, vote cast ....
C60 Trident Pro, Breitling SuperOcean Heritage, Navitimer Fighters LE, Aerospace Titanium, Longines Hydroconquest, Raymond Weil Freelancer, 4 x Raymond Weil W1's, Meccaniche Velco CorsaCorta, Others from Seiko, Timex, Breil, Orbris Morgan and G-Shock.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Is the C60 the only one you would buy?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator

Post by Kip »

Voting doing good so far, but a long way to go......
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

robert75
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by robert75 »

Kip wrote:Is the C60 the only one you would buy?
C5 V2 is the choice for me, not so sure on the quartz chronograph now in fact I would probably go with the diver as a second option. From what I understand the text at the bottom is not final decision but also not sure on the shape of the date window on the diver but I will wait and see what the final design looks like.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

No C60 v2... That orange bezel was not supposed to be... :(

Guess I won't vote for my own design. I am out..!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

nordwulf wrote:No C60 v2... That orange bezel was not supposed to be... :(

If V1 gets through maybe CW will say they can't do the orange on the bezel as they've had problems with the full orange bezel in the ceramic but could do it in white but that might not then attract 50 buyers. You're being very honest not voting as you wouldn't buy it in it's current proposed config and that's what Kip has asked for in this Determination Poll.

Shame as V1 is a mis-interpretation of your design and I got to prefer V2 as I saw more photos of it.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

You mean lose the orange on the bezel and second hand?

Maybe change some of the batons markers for blobs and move the date slightly to the right.

That sounds a good idea.

Alternatively (and I am joking because they are special) knock out 50 more of the 2012 Forum Limited Edition aka the scooter blue.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

nordwulf wrote:No C60 v2... That orange bezel was not supposed to be... :(

I actually think the V1 is more interesting than the V2, and the V2 is a bit blah in comparison. I'm glad it went through.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Crossi
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by Crossi »

scooter wrote:You mean lose the orange on the bezel and second hand?

Maybe change some of the batons markers for blobs and move the date slightly to the right.

That sounds a good idea.

Alternatively (and I am joking because they are special) knock out 50 more of the 2012 Forum Limited Edition aka the scooter blue.

scooter
Or a Scooter II - the latest Trident in those colours
C9 Chrono / C9 / C10 MkI / C11 / C5 Slimline / C60 Pro 600 Red / C4 Peregrine / C60 Pro 600 Green / C70 VW
Vintage Omega Seamaster Gold (Birth year watch)
Omega Seamaster Pro Quartz
Tag 2000 Classic
TW Steel Goliath
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Mikkei4 wrote:If V1 gets through maybe CW will say they can't do the orange on the bezel as they've had problems with the full orange bezel in the ceramic but could do it in white but that might not then attract 50 buyers.
That's what I was thinking as well. But again, it's probably a moot point as the C3 is the clear favorite. Even the C5 has more votes. But perhaps CW will see the demand for a blue C60 and that will be added in the future as a regular model.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

When the 2012 FLE scooter blue was released Chris saw the potential for a blue dialed, blue bezel. He released a brighter blue C60 not willing to take the prestige away from the 2012 FLE. That is why that FLE is so unique and special and will always be so.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

nordwulf wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote:If V1 gets through maybe CW will say they can't do the orange on the bezel as they've had problems with the full orange bezel in the ceramic but could do it in white but that might not then attract 50 buyers.
That's what I was thinking as well. But again, it's probably a moot point as the C3 is the clear favorite. Even the C5 has more votes. But perhaps CW will see the demand for a blue C60 and that will be added in the future as a regular model.
There were several really nice designs in the first round and CW might do well to look to them as inspiration for future direction and releases. I must be honest, none of the current 'new' line-up as currently released really speaks to me at all. I find them to be pretty dull.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

scooter wrote:You mean lose the orange on the bezel and second hand?

That sounds a good idea.

scooter
Totally agree they are special, great shade of blue and I would buy 1 of those no doubt. Unfortunately I always felt that the generally released blue ceramic Trident was just too bright hence my support for the 2017 FLE suggestion.