The seventh Forum Limited Edition
Sold out
Sandman
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: How would you...

Post by Sandman »

It's going to be hard narrowing it down to one design for each case. But it is becoming necessary. And I completely agree that we should get down to three cases with one design each. It would be good to focus in on the top contenders.

I also echo the sentiment that you should only vote for something that you seriously intend to buy. I'd like to buy a $2,000 watch right now, but know that I cannot. I will vote accordingly.

Perhaps after the top 3 are chosen, we can open it up for suggestions to tweak the design further. With a more focused view on the winners, there may be some room for refinement. Another vote on said refinements may be necessary at that point. After that, put it in CWs hands to make some magic out of it.
Matthew

Has everything you've said today been true?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Devarika Woulf wrote:
welshlad wrote:
suicidal_orange wrote:Why not just throw all of them in one big poll with unlimited votes (vote for all the ones you would happily buy) and see what rises to the top?
Excellent idea - with very much the emphasis on only voting for the ones you would actually buy. So people vote with a combination of budget and which designs they like (enough to buy). Then my worry about vote splitting largely goes away. Perfect.
I prefer it one vote allowed as it seems less hassle and right to the point. You have 32 choices for one winner... so just pick the one you want made. Unlimited voting is going to lead to multiple ties and it's just gonna be more hard work for the Admin team with additional polling needed. If people didn't vote for the winning choice then either they'll accept it or a smaller quantity will be made.

Regardless, it seems a bit messy to throw what will be around 50 choices all in one big poll. It's a bit much, but it's up to Kip and Co. Whatever is easier and simpler for the Admins I support.
But it's already likely that only a small quantity will be made and by doing only 1 vote per person at this stage could push some buyers away at any early stage and then a FLE doesn't get produced.
Whether it's by case type or by each design type I believe the first poll should be vote for as many as you want but only vote for those you would actually be prepared to buy.
Yes this adds to Kip's work (sorry Kip and rather you than me on this one) but to me it will give a clearer picture of how many people would part with their money for each case or design.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Devarika Woulf wrote:What I meant by that was to have a poll with all 9 cases included. We would all vote for our preference, and the top 3 with the most votes would move on to the next round. We would then choose the version of each watch we prefer. Then afterwards we have a battle of 3, then a battle of 2. The question about buying could be after the winner is chosen so CW know how many they should truly produce. If 70 people say they plan to buy... then they should probably make 50. :lol:
Thanks for the explanation, I just needed it to be able to contribute further.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

I must admit I agree with Welshlads comments - the C3 & C5 case variations seem to have a lot of support than for example a C1 or C7 but they would be an equal footing in the poll.

Could we have all 30 something variations in the poll and vote for your top 3 to get a better idea of what people really like.

This might mean we get a top 5 that includes 2 C3 designs rather than 1 each for 5 different cases.

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Just thought I'd through something in the mix...
How about all designs in one poll, vote for your top 3?
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I would hope that those who prefer say a blue/white reverse panda C3 would still end up supporting and buying a white/blue panda C3 as an example, otherwise none of the designs will get any way near enough support to make it viable to proceed.

I.e compromise will be required, otherwise it won't happen.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

nbg wrote:I would hope that those who prefer say a blue/white reverse panda C3 would still end up supporting and buying a white/blue panda C3 as an example, otherwise none of the designs will get any way near enough support to make it viable to proceed.

Neil
I think asking for compromise on what could be a £500-£1000 purchase may be asking a lot.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

StrapMeister wrote:Just thought I'd through something in the mix...
That is, if I'm not mistaken, essentially what Welshlad proposed.

Seems OK to me.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
StrapMeister wrote:Just thought I'd through something in the mix...
That is, if I'm not mistaken, essentially what Welshlad proposed.

Seems OK to me.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
It is what I proposed originally, but I then supported the subsequent idea to vote for all those that you would actually buy, rather than just a top 3. This avoids the vote being split across popular cases with many designs.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

Sandman wrote:Perhaps after the top 3 are chosen, we can open it up for suggestions to tweak the design further. With a more focused view on the winners, there may be some room for refinement. Another vote on said refinements may be necessary at that point. After that, put it in CWs hands to make some magic out of it.
I don't think there should be much tweaking after the choices are made. People have voted ("committed to buy") because of the little details like the shape and colour of the hands and the choice of numerals and had that feature been different they may have voted elsewhere and be fully justified in dropping out. Similarly people who wanted the 'new' version may have stopped looking when their design choices went out early so then you've lost two potential buyers - that's the last thing we want.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

suicidal_orange wrote:
Sandman wrote:Perhaps after the top 3 are chosen, we can open it up for suggestions to tweak the design further. With a more focused view on the winners, there may be some room for refinement. Another vote on said refinements may be necessary at that point. After that, put it in CWs hands to make some magic out of it.
I don't think there should be much tweaking after the choices are made. People have voted ("committed to buy") because of the little details like the shape and colour of the hands and the choice of numerals and had that feature been different they may have voted elsewhere and be fully justified in dropping out. Similarly people who wanted the 'new' version may have stopped looking when their design choices went out early so then you've lost two potential buyers - that's the last thing we want.
I agree there should be no subsequent tweaks after the vote. Based on previous FLEs this would only serve to put some people off. It is unlikely to generate any additional commitment. CWL may well tweak the top 3 designs a little anyway to make them viable or their production easier, so I'd leave any post-vote tweaking to them.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Catto
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Catto »

suicidal_orange wrote:
So what I'd read from this is that CW & Co should check through the possible candidates before ANY vote happens, and let us know which ones are outright impossible so we don't waste our energy / votes on those...? That way no one feels betrayed by later changes to a design they thought they were voting for...
Robert Catto
Sydney, Australia
http://robertcatto.com
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

nbg wrote:I would hope that those who prefer say a blue/white reverse panda C3 would still end up supporting and buying a white/blue panda C3 as an example, otherwise none of the designs will get any way near enough support to make it viable to proceed.

Neil
I agree, but it ain't never gonna happen Neil.

Huge interest and fun now, but wait till the money is needed and the tumbleweeds start rolling across the screen.

It was all going so well! :lol:

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Matta
Senior
Senior

Post by Matta »

smegwina wrote:I agree, but it ain't never gonna happen Neil.

Huge interest and fun now, but wait till the money is needed and the tumbleweeds start rolling across the screen.

It was all going so well! :lol:

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

True that.
Personally, I won't go above 800 EUR (+-), no matter the design. Balance needs to be met, in order to fulfill quota for production. I'm sure there are only handful of people ready to hand in 1500+ EUR for it.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

Catto wrote:[more]
suicidal_orange wrote:
[/more]
So what I'd read from this is that CW & Co should check through the possible candidates before ANY vote happens, and let us know which ones are outright impossible so we don't waste our energy / votes on those...? That way no one feels betrayed by later changes to a design they thought they were voting for...
Ideally, yes, especially if we have limited votes.

If we have unlimited votes we could just send the top 5 for approval and hope at least 3 are doable which seems very likely with kip filtering the entries.