Sold out
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: How would you...

Post by TheBeatles »

FloridaPhil wrote:
Devarika Woulf wrote:1. Have a poll to vote for all nine cases; top three win.
2. All three models have their own polls to determine preferred variation.
3. Top three selections go against each other in final poll.

:thumbup:
To me, this seems the most logical method.
For me, there are 2 clear choices. Will I have to decide between them and only vote on one? :(
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

TheBeatles wrote:Will I have to decide between them and only vote on one? :(
When polls are created there is the option to allow as many votes per user as suits the poll.
Martin
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Martin »

Given the events of the last FLE, should consideration be given to asking members to indicate buying intention as well as preference? Probably not at the next stage but at some point.
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Alex r »

Commitment to buy should be in with your vote on the final three.
If you like it and are intending to buy that entry then vote.
Members should be discouraged from voteing just because they like a design.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

This is along the lines of what the The Admin Team is thinking....

The caveat should be that you should not vote if you are not intending to buy. We will ask that question specifically in a later poll.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Kip wrote:
The caveat should be that you should not vote if you are not intending to buy. We will ask that question specifically in a later poll.
I think that's an essential. It would be unfair to commit CW to producing a watch that people then don't buy and they get stuck with.
It will be a tough enough ask to get 50 sales from so few registered interests as it is without ghost votes.
arzt
Senior
Senior

Post by arzt »

1. Have a poll to vote for all nine cases (with 3 choices); top 4 win.
2. All 4 cases have their own polls (with 1 choice) to determine preferred variation. Result - 1 model from every case for final poll.
3. Final poll. Should not vote if you are not intending to buy.
"Die Kraft steckt in der Qualität." ©
C9-SS & C60 COSC & C1GM 5day Blue dial Prototype #0000
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Maybe 'cos it's late at night but could somebody just clarify what "1. Have a poll.... " actually means.
Does this mean everyone in the 144 interested in the FLE states YES or NO against a list of each of the 9 case types to specify whether they would buy it or not?
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

What I meant by that was to have a poll with all 9 cases included. We would all vote for our preference, and the top 3 with the most votes would move on to the next round. We would then choose the version of each watch we prefer. Then afterwards we have a battle of 3, then a battle of 2. The question about buying could be after the winner is chosen so CW know how many they should truly produce. If 70 people say they plan to buy... then they should probably make 50. :lol:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Kip wrote:

This is along the lines of what the The Admin Team is thinking....

Actually, I am going to go against the grain here and say that I don't agree with this. The end goal of this exercise is to come up with 2 or 3 designs that we want CWL to work up into viable possibilities (from which we will then choose a winner). I don't see why the 2 or 3 designs chosen by us all have to be from different case/movement combinations. What if, for example, 3 C3 designs are miles ahead of everything else - in this case why wouldn't we pass these 3 C3 designs to CWL? Under the method above, only 1 C3 would be selected along with 2 other designs that were significantly less popular than the 2 discarded C3 designs. This seems wrong to me.

Basically, I'm saying that separating/grouping the votes by case/movement combination creates a false choice. The actual choice is simply getting the 32 different designs down to 2 or 3.

So my proposal would be:

1. Have a poll where each forum member can vote for their favourite 3 designs from all 32.
2. The top 3 are then submitted to CWL for working up into viable options.
3. When we have the 3 finalised designs back from CWL we then vote for our favourite 1.

The only real issue with this is that for those case/movement combinations with more designs based on them, their vote might get split artificially, meaning that a favourite case overall may not be chosen. To get around this we need to ensure that the designs are all sufficiently distinct from each other. So, the mods should not include two different designs for the same case with just a minor difference between them. They should just choose one in this case - this is what seems to have been done with C3 designs in the "Design Submissions for FLE #7" thread where not every C3 permutation from the "Discussion Area" thread has been included. We also need to do the same for all the blue C65s - choose 1 or 2 to be put forward to the poll.

I hope that makes sense!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

^^^ wot he said ^^^

I also think this will give a more accurate 'who's buying' figure
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

I agree with welshlad that there shouldn't be a limit to one colour per model, but I'm concerned that limiting the number of choices would force those hoping for a high end model to vote for the expensive options (otherwise there's no chance of those designs going forward) leaving their preference for the cheaper, and more likely to win, models unrecorded.

Why not just throw all of them in one big poll with unlimited votes (vote for all the ones you would happily buy) and see what rises to the top?
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

suicidal_orange wrote:Why not just throw all of them in one big poll with unlimited votes (vote for all the ones you would happily buy) and see what rises to the top?
Excellent idea - with very much the emphasis on only voting for the ones you would actually buy. So people vote with a combination of budget and which designs they like (enough to buy). Then my worry about vote splitting largely goes away. Perfect.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

^^^* I agree wholeheartedly with the amended proposal above... seems much fairer to me - provided people are actually honest with what they would buy. But then that always an issue I guess...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

welshlad wrote:
suicidal_orange wrote:Why not just throw all of them in one big poll with unlimited votes (vote for all the ones you would happily buy) and see what rises to the top?
Excellent idea - with very much the emphasis on only voting for the ones you would actually buy. So people vote with a combination of budget and which designs they like (enough to buy). Then my worry about vote splitting largely goes away. Perfect.
I prefer it one vote allowed as it seems less hassle and right to the point. You have 32 choices for one winner... so just pick the one you want made. Unlimited voting is going to lead to multiple ties and it's just gonna be more hard work for the Admin team with additional polling needed. If people didn't vote for the winning choice then either they'll accept it or a smaller quantity will be made.

Regardless, it seems a bit messy to throw what will be around 50 choices all in one big poll. It's a bit much, but it's up to Kip and Co. Whatever is easier and simpler for the Admins I support.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.