LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

How would you...

Post by Kip »

.....narrow down our options?

The Team has discussed what we think our next step should be to narrow our choices down a bit. What we would like to know is.... what you think the best way is.

We realize that there is no perfect method, but that can't be helped. We have 9 models that include 32 Variations at this time. Our goal starting out is to reduce this to 2/3 to be submitted to CW for their tweaks.

Do you wish to have elimination rounds of voting by models first? Then advance to elimination of variants? You tell us what you think is a good way to do this.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: How would you...

Post by Scrogg »

I think the case is a sensible place to start, as knowing whether the watch will be based on the C1/C3/C5/C60/C65 38mm/C65 43mm/C7 case will also identify a likely price point.
jamesnw
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by jamesnw »

What about having 1 poll for each of the 9 models, and voting on each model for the favorite variation.

Then we end up with a single vote of 9 (1 of each model) at the end to reduce to the final 2/3..
Grand Seiko, Seiko, CW, Tudor... too many really
jamesnw
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by jamesnw »

jamesnw wrote:What about having 1 poll for each of the 9 models, and voting on each model for the favorite variation.

Then we end up with a single vote of 9 (1 of each model) at the end to reduce to the final 2/3..
oh sorry that is pretty much what you suggested ... doh!
Grand Seiko, Seiko, CW, Tudor... too many really
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Scrogg wrote:I think the case is a sensible place to start, as knowing whether the watch will be based on the C1/C3/C5/C60/C65 38mm/C65 43mm/C7 case will also identify a likely price point.
I agree, as some members have intimated that if a particular case is selected then they may drop out. Could be a basis for seeing how the numbers are panning out.

The case selection would be a good starting point.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

Scrogg wrote:I think the case is a sensible place to start, as knowing whether the watch will be based on the C1/C3/C5/C60/C65 38mm/C65 43mm/C7 case will also identify a likely price point.
It's probably the best idea so you are voting on a case/movement/price range combination in the first instance e.g. a C1 Auto £1,500, C3 Quartz £400, C5 Auto £550 etc (figures just for illustration, not sure if these are exact). I'm also not sure if any of these cases can take both auto and quartz, C60 I guess can, so there may be more than one movement option for a particular case.

Things might be a bit clearer after that first vote.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

jamesnw wrote:What about having 1 poll for each of the 9 models, and voting on each model for the favorite variation.

Agreed. Vote on the model / price range with the premise of the mock ups giving an idea where the design is headed.

From there, the photoshoppers can focus their effort on perfecting the 2-3 models to meet the forums wants as well as the FLE rules. Have one more vote in a week to narrow down the design of the 2-3 models, then go to CW for input.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

1. Have a poll to vote for all nine cases; top three win.
2. All three models have their own polls to determine preferred variation.
3. Top three selections go against each other in final poll.

:thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Obvious side note. Only vote if your buying. Don't vote just because you like it.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

srs1286 wrote:Obvious side note. Only vote if your buying. Don't vote just because you like it.
A fair point.

However, what happens if we vote for our preferred choice and it doesn't win. Unless I am mistaken in what you mean.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

TheBeatles wrote:
srs1286 wrote:Obvious side note. Only vote if your buying. Don't vote just because you like it.
A fair point.

However, what happens if we vote for our preferred choice and it doesn't win. Unless I am mistaken in what you mean.
If we use Deverika's method (see below), you would have a second chance with the individual polls in step 2. Again, only voting for models you would actually put money down for. It won't be perfect, but it is far better than producing a version that the masses like instead of what the purchasers like.

TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

srs1286 wrote:
TheBeatles wrote:
A fair point.

If we use Deverika's method (see below), you would have a second chance with the individual polls in step 2. Again, only voting for models you would actually put money down for. It won't be perfect, but it is far better than producing a version that the masses like instead of what the purchasers like.

Fair enough, thanks for explanation

Going to be tough choices to make.

PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by PaulWB »

Kip,

Any chance of identifying the base price of the various cases?

Paul
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

PaulWB wrote:Kip,

Any chance of identifying the base price of the various cases?

Paul
All of this information is listed on the design submissions page at the beginning of each case category. FLE premiums would be in addition to the base prices of course.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Devarika Woulf wrote:1. Have a poll to vote for all nine cases; top three win.

:thumbup:
To me, this seems the most logical method.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.