LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

FLE #7 Discussion Area

Post by Kip »

The poll has been running for almost a week now and we are only showing 122 that are interested. This is quite a bit off from what I think we would need to follow through, but enough interest that I feel it is worth taking the next step.

This topic is where we shall begin.

This is your FLE so if you have ideas and suggestions based around the given parameters below. Please state them here. It would be most helpful if there are a few of you that can volunteer to do some Photoshops based on any submitted ideas. It would certainly give a clearer picture.

Please, lets try to keep things within reason and not bother with the pink kittys etc. and silly comments. Nothing against that, but it will only serve to derail legitimate ideas and submissions and make it more difficult to sort through. Please feel free to express your like/dislike about submissions or how they can be made even better. Once we have some submissions that are showing some interest, I will sort and start a separate thread to put them in.

If you are able to do some Photoshops, please make it known to others so they know who to go to.

Take it away........

Parameters.
1. Agree on basic watch(s) to be used
2. Determine what we would like to see for design cues via Photoshop and or discussions.
3. The Admin Team will submit the forum ideas/suggestions to CW who will come up with 2 or 3 designs to be voted on by the forum.
4. The winning design will be resubmitted to CW for any final tweaks and design represented to forum for acceptance.
5. CW will determine the end retail and time frame for delivery after the final design has been selected/approved by the forum and CW.
6. The winning design will be limited to 50 pieces. (unless excessive demand (+100) suggests more.

Guidelines
An existing case/movement will be used to keep things affordable.
Under no circumstances will anything but the existing logo (V3) be used.
The logo can be moved and/or center justified if it works with the model/design selected.
The device (English/Swiss) cannot be added the dial in addition to, or in lieu of the V3 logo.
Case back engraving can be partially customized.
Estimated premium over current models pricing will be £50-£150 depending on complexity.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: FLE #7 Discussion Area

Post by nbg »

Unfortunately no Photoshop skills from me, but keeping it simple:

A 38mm C65 using the current C65 vintage case, crystal and style of hands, with applied (non vintage) stick indices, and blue sunburst dial.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Galton321 »

The cheapest mechanical CWL sells for circa £500, £550-£650 with mod costs. Are people prepared to pay this. It will have to be something pretty darn special for that. I'll put my thinking cap on. Or is quartz the way to go to make it available to more members?
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

Galton321 wrote:...Or is quartz the way to go to make it available to more members?
I certainly wouldn't be put off by an adaptation of the new C3 :thumbup:
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Galton321 »

Scrogg wrote:
Galton321 wrote:...Or is quartz the way to go to make it available to more members?
I certainly wouldn't be put off by an adaptation of the new C3 :thumbup:
I certainly am not against this suggestion. The new C3 is a very attractive watch IMHO.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I would suggest the C3 MK3 as the base watch.
Panda dial, I am open to the different colours people come up with. My suggestion would be a black dial and opaline white sub dials or vice versa, opaline white dial and black sub dials.
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

MiniMpi wrote:Panda dial...
Like the idea of that 8)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

I agree, for this year, that quartz (not automatic) is the way forward.

Rather than the C3, would it be feasible to wait for the new Motorsport range in the autumn and have a modified C7?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Here is my suggestion:

- use the stainless steel case and movement of the regular C60, all brushed surfaces, automatic movement
- dial: center CW logo, add Trident-Pro, move date from 3 to 6, all indices equal length, date wheel black on white background
- bezel: matte ceramic, remove minute markers, add number 10
- color: steel blue from the C65 LE for the dial and bezel with orange seconds hand and accents
- straps: bracelet, brown or black Tiber leather

Left image shows all the design elements, right image gives an idea of the colors with all brushed SS case.

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by srs1286 »

C3 Panda?
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Galton321 »

srs1286 wrote:C3 Panda?

Assuming your question is ...What is....?

Contrasting colour for main watch face and sub dials such as white watch face with black sub- dials hence panda.
ziphos
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by ziphos »

Like the idea of the C3 panda, would like to see a photoshoped image to be sure. :thumbup:
CW C60 pro 300, C60 pro 600, C60 pro 600 GMT, C60 Titanium V2, C65 Trident Classic, C7 Rapide, C63
Omega Speedmaster Professional, Speedmaster Racing, Seamaster (1950's)
Breitling 2x Aerospace
Also: Borealis Bulova Casio Scurfa
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Galton321 wrote:
srs1286 wrote:C3 Panda?

Assuming your question is ...What is....?

Contrasting colour for main watch face and sub dials such as white watch face with black sub- dials hence panda.
Sorry I suppose the ? would add confusion to the comment. It was intended to read "How about a C3 Panda?" Did I miss that that was already a suggestion?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

C3 Panda...white subs on blue...Hmmm? :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

Sorry but I wouldn’t know where to start with Photoshop or other similar apps so I’m no use there.

NORDWULF TRIDENT
I’ve always wanted a blue dial 600 Trident but the blue of the CW official release was too vibrant so I never bought one. I like Nordwulf’s suggestion and if it was released to his spec I’d be 90% a definite buyer ….. the potential issues below prevent a full 100% at present
• Costs – the current 600 on a bracelet is £725, add £50-£150 and while I’d pay maybe it’s pushing the price barrier a bit too much ?
• Strap colours – I tried black and brown on the C65 LE and both jarred IMO so a CW dark blue leather went onto mine.
• Size – 38mm or 43mm ? I guess most would say it’d have to be 43mm but I prefer to wear a 38mm in the Trident.
Could a Photoshop expert please create a picture of Nordwulf’s Trident spec in suggested blue as I think this would show a stunning combination.

MINIMPI C3
A panda dial was 1 of my suggestions in the “FLE Interest” thread so I fully support this suggestion also. Black with white subs or vice versa would be great. Alternative colours – silver (or white) with Blue subs or vice versa similar to the colours on TAG Heuer or even a light blue (can’t remember what watch I’ve seen with this colour recently on a Forum thread) with white subs.
Reasonable price and size also, quartz doesn’t worry me.

OTHERS
38mm C65 – would this be too similar to the C65 LE ?
New Motorsport – release date too far away and design unknown so we’d be delaying the whole FLE process.