asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: FLE #7 Discussion Area

Post by asqwerth »

The FLE has become unpopular?
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Robden wrote:I wonder if this will affect their thinking for the next FLE.........if they do one.
Let amateurs design a watch, they do a bad job and return it then you get stuck with them. I've never heard of a company accepting returns on a custom order and with good reason - you wanted this, you know that flat silver hands get lost on dark dials (it happens on the C9) and now they're stuck with stock that will sit in a box until the next random clearance event. That they messed up and refunded some desposits just makes it worse...

If there is another FLE it will be non returnable, but that cuts out one of the key selling points of CW (60/60) so I'm not sure they'd go for it.

(This is assuming the 10% return figure to be accurate, which I don't know it it)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Thermexman wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote: Either keep it or return it and lose your deposit, bite the bullet or however else you want to phrase it. What's the point of further discussion? Do you expect CW to change their mind and give everybody a full refund?
To be fair, no one has complained or suggested that the deposit should have been returned. Steve's question was legitimate and he has indicated that he made an assumption, based on the facts that he'd seen and will take it on the chin. With respect, a ticking off (did ya see what I did there?) is not required!

My point was not meant to be a dressing down/ticking off but to say that we knew the deposit wasn't refundable. Yet when CW no doubt in error did refund a couple/few there's IMO pointless discussion about why somebody didn't get the deposit return and someone asking what justification CW have for refunding some deposits.

Apologies to anybody if my words appeared a bit strong but the "justification" comment was the last straw on a bad day.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Mikkei4 wrote:
Thermexman wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote: Either keep it or return it and lose your deposit, bite the bullet or however else you want to phrase it. What's the point of further discussion? Do you expect CW to change their mind and give everybody a full refund?
To be fair, no one has complained or suggested that the deposit should have been returned. Steve's question was legitimate and he has indicated that he made an assumption, based on the facts that he'd seen and will take it on the chin. With respect, a ticking off (did ya see what I did there?) is not required!

My point was not meant to be a dressing down/ticking off but to say that we knew the deposit wasn't refundable. Yet when CW no doubt in error did refund a couple/few there's IMO pointless discussion about why somebody didn't get the deposit return and someone asking what justification CW have for refunding some deposits.

Apologies to anybody if my words appeared a bit strong but the "justification" comment was the last straw on a bad day.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Steve.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

I took no offense to any comments on here, and i've ended up with this, so all's well here.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

magicman wrote:I took no offense to any comments on here, and i've ended up with this, so all's well here.

Regards Steve
Thanks for that Steve.

I'm in the same situation with the FLE I've got on the Sales Corner. I'll amend the ad today but if it still doesn't sell then I'll be booking an appointment at the Showroom next week to take mine back, get a battery change in my C3 MkII and have a general look at their new releases.

I like your Longines. Very much in a style I like and, compared to the similar looking dialled Rolex Explorer, a very decent purchase reasonably priced.

Cheers

Mick
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I had suspected that the few who pulled out early before the watches even shipped had their deposit refunded. The first early returners getting it back pretty much confirms it.

Since it arrived after Christmas, I still haven't opened mine yet. With personal things going on and reading about some people being dissatisfied, I decided to let the air clear and try to get that "Wow!" feeling I first had back before I finally see it for real. If it's not one to keep, I'll just sell it to someone on the forum. CW have come out with a lot of different things since we ordered so a lot to choose from if it doesn't work out.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Thinking about trying something like this on the FLE. Thoughts?

srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

Well went ahead and ordered the gray and navy suede straps from Cheapnatostraps to try on the FLE. $10 a piece, figured it was worth a gamble. :thumbup: Heard the buckles aren't great on them but I have CW dress and butterfly clasps that will work great.

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

srs1286 wrote:Well went ahead and ordered the gray and navy suede straps from Cheapnatostraps to try on the FLE.
From the photo, I think the blue will work well. The grey could also, will be interested to see the photos when they arrive.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

gaf1958 wrote:
srs1286 wrote:Well went ahead and ordered the gray and navy suede straps from Cheapnatostraps to try on the FLE.
From the photo, I think the blue will work well. The grey could also, will be interested to see the photos when they arrive.
^^^
This :thumbup:
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by srs1286 »

^^^ will be sure to post some photos when they arrive. Likely 7-10 days standard mail though.
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by magicman »

Heads up, just checked my Credit Card bill, I was refunded the Deposit around a week later than the balance.
So full refund here.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

magicman wrote:Heads up, just checked my Credit Card bill, I was refunded the Deposit around a week later than the balance.
So full refund here.

Regards Steve
Great stuff Steve. Glad to hear it. They’re not a bad bunch over at CW Towers! :thumbup:
Steve.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

magicman wrote:Heads up, just checked my Credit Card bill, I was refunded the Deposit around a week later than the balance.
So full refund here.
Based on your post, I have just checked my credit card bill too and, sure enough, my deposit was also refunded a couple of days after the refund of the main amount. Unexpected, but good news. :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr