Are you interested in FLE #7?

The seventh Forum Limited Edition
Sold out

Are you interested in producing FLE#7 according to the parameters and guidelines explained below.

1. I am interested - count me in for now
84%
2. No interest
16%

Total votes: 223

Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Are you interested in FLE #7?

Post by Scrogg »

smegwina wrote:Looking at the other thread, it appears that everyone else would like to see a mildly warmed over existing model, with a few color changes, just to have an FLE, regardless of whether it is special, just so long as it is cheap.
smegwina wrote:The c65ltd is a perfect example of when got right, a watch will sell. It wasn't particularly cheap either.
Which, ironically, was a 'mildly warmed over C65 Trident Classic MkI, with a few colour changes' :P

It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't 'custom case SH21 movement' expensive either.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Scrogg wrote:
smegwina wrote:Looking at the other thread, it appears that everyone else would like to see a mildly warmed over existing model, with a few color changes, just to have an FLE, regardless of whether it is special, just so long as it is cheap.
smegwina wrote:The c65ltd is a perfect example of when got right, a watch will sell. It wasn't particularly cheap either.
Which, ironically, was a 'mildly warmed over C65 Trident Classic MkI, with a few colour changes' :P

It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't 'custom case SH21 movement' expensive either.
Absolutely, and the inmates had nowt to do with it. It was a simple ltd designed by CW, not an FLE, designed by the masses. Yet it sold out quickly, even at full price to forumites, which is unusual

Despite all the clamouring for an FLE, I can't remember any recent ones that have not ended up in the sale, so it may be time to change things up a bit.

Purely my thoughts as to why I will not be participating.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Nothing is set in stone yet, Nick. You have every right to put forward a suggestion. There has been no official poll on anything except general interest yet.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
downer

Post by downer »

Despite being a fan of the C3 mock-ups, I would also welcome the opportunity to discuss something in the new C1 Grand Malvern case and the SH21 movement.

We've only been going a couple of days, so there's plenty of time for some further ideas to come to the fore.
Richard
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

If I may through in my thoughts....

First a reminder that there are no time limits as of now. This is your FLE. Despite the fact that most have shown a preference for something lower in cost than prior ones, there is nothing preventing anyone from submitting an idea or design for anything, be it a C3 or a Morgan Aero 8. At this point it must only fall within the parameters we currently are working with.

We have done completely different designs from scratch in the past, via the FLE Commissions, with and without a lot of inmate input. it is not an easy task overall. Coming up with a design is easy, relative to getting one that 50+ people will not only like, but purchase.

Submit any ideas you like using any base model you like. Who knows, if 50 people want it in the end it will get built. If there is a lot of I like/love for a given model, but only 30 people will buy it, then that just makes it not a viable item for the forum.

Without ideas the project goes nowhere.

At this time, anything is possible....
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Watchamacallit
Senior
Senior

Post by Watchamacallit »

I am 90+% in the "No" column, primarily because I plan to expand/churn my watch collection very slowly. The Malvern C3 mkii is the watch that I wear most often and I think a C3 mkiii would make a good platform for a FLE. The stacked chrono being a new style when compared to it's mkii
DarthVoodoo
Junior
Junior

Post by DarthVoodoo »

New here but this looks good. Do you have to be forum member for long time to apply?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

DarthVoodoo wrote:New here but this looks good. Do you have to be forum member for long time to apply?
No.

Just being a Forum Member is sufficient.

You have though joined at a good time as you have the opportunity to take part in the design and selection process.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
DarthVoodoo
Junior
Junior

Post by DarthVoodoo »

Thanks. Looks like i need to do some catching up then! How much are they?
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

DarthVoodoo wrote:Thanks. Looks like i need to do some catching up then! How much are they?
Nothing's decided yet; there is interest but it is not confirmed it will go ahead and if so, which design and at what price.

Go to this thread: http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =1&t=42162

and join in the discussions and propose some designs.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
DarthVoodoo
Junior
Junior

Post by DarthVoodoo »

Thank you for the advice
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

Hello all. I've piped up to express my interest in this project (I've registered on the other thread) and was going to suggest a combo of the Trident pro and previous C65 LE.

I see Nordwolf has already suggested the same thing and srs1286 has done a mock up but, annoyingly, the mock up pics are the only pics that will not load for me on this thread on chrome, Firefox, explorer or on mobile!

For the life of me I cannot figure out why - any ideas (and could some kind soul post a screenshot or something?!)?

Cheers

B

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

baldrick wrote:Hello all. I've piped up to express my interest in this project (I've registered on the other thread) and was going to suggest a combo of the Trident pro and previous C65 LE.

I see Nordwolf has already suggested the same thing and srs1286 has done a mock up but, annoyingly, the mock up pics are the only pics that will not load for me on this thread on chrome, Firefox, explorer or on mobile!

For the life of me I cannot figure out why - any ideas (and could some kind soul post a screenshot or something?!)?

Cheers

B

Is this the one you mean. It's a poor screenshot but best I can do I'm afraid and for some reason it won't show the correct way up!.

Steve.
baldrick
Senior
Senior

Post by baldrick »

That must be it - thanks!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Are you interested in FLE #7?

Post by gaf1958 »

Thermexman wrote:
baldrick wrote:Hello all. I've piped up to express my interest in this project (I've registered on the other thread) and was going to suggest a combo of the Trident pro and previous C65 LE.

Cheers

B

Is this the one you mean. It's a poor screenshot but best I can do I'm afraid and for some reason it won't show the correct way up!.

Funny, it's this one that doesn't show up for me on Tapatalk. I can see all the images (including this one) on the other thread just fine... :)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier