They have arrived!!

The sixth Forum LE
Sold out
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: They have arrived!!

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

ianblyth wrote: There is usually a lot of people saying not another Trident (or just diver) but there has only been 2 FLEs that are divers.
One reason I was careful not to say "another diver". Nonetheless, a C65 would have given us 3 consecutive 42mm 2824/SW200 watches...I think that was perhaps the point I was trying to make, albeit not very well expressed. From where I stood at least it was time for a change. There had never been a "Malvern" FLE, which is perhaps surprising when you consider the popularity of the C5 and C3.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I still really think next year's FLE should be a Trident PRO 600 in a fancy color like orange or something. Price will go up, but yeah. Make 70 in 42mm, 30 in 38mm, since those seem to sell less. Because the Trident is a hot item, I think it would sell out pretty quickly. I know myself, it would be very hard to say no to one if it was unique since I plan to buy a Trident pretty soon.

Of course we can discuss other options in the meantime but my mind is made up. :-P
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Devarika Woulf wrote:I still really think next year's FLE should be a Trident PRO 600 in a fancy color like orange...it would be very hard to say no to one...
Hang on, let's try that.

No!

Wasn't that hard. :D
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Korkki »

Would this C60 be unique? Hot it is. 8)

NO PARKING
This space is reserved
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Devarika Woulf wrote:I still really think next year's FLE should be a Trident PRO 600 in a fancy color like orange or something. Price will go up, but yeah. Make 70 in 42mm, 30 in 38mm, since those seem to sell less. Because the Trident is a hot item, I think it would sell out pretty quickly. I know myself, it would be very hard to say no to one if it was unique since I plan to buy a Trident pretty soon.

Of course we can discuss other options in the meantime but my mind is made up. :-P
True, we need a teal or turquoise Trident.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

No matter what model, size, colour, movement is chosen there will always be people that like it and people that don't.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Thanks for a wonderful and thoughtful post Steve that has brought me back to earth, made me realise that this FLE is one to be kept and saved me from making a fool of myself.

I too was involved in the discussions and voting process and decided then that I would buy one, despite it being smaller than my norm and I rarely, these days, have any form of requirement for a dress watch. It would be a memorable piece as well, with the serial number being my birth year.

Howner, having seen it in the flesh at SalonQP, I started to have doubts. It did not immediately impress me; perhaps it was the light, perhaps the brown strap. I don't know.

Mine was waiting for me when I got home on Friday night but I did not, as I usually do, pull it out of the box and immediately put it on my wrist. Part of my dilemma was that I've seen a newly released watch that I quite fancy and I was thinking of getting this instead and sending my FLE back.

My FLE has spent the weekend in its box, albeit open alongside my desk in the study where I've been working today; glancing at it frequently thinking shall I, shan't I?

Steve, I read your post earlier this evening, and it reminded me of all the reasons I wanted to buy it in the first place, plus it's an LE and mine is special to me. I've thus decided it is to be kept, fitted the tan/brown Alligator off my C9 to it, plus ordered a couple of straps from Watch Obsession to make it 'pop' a bit, and will wear it to work tomorrow.

The other watch I'm thinking of will wait; perhaps I'll get it as a Christmas present to myself.

(sigh of relief)

Guy

sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Good to hear Guy ;)
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Thanks for a wonderful and thoughtful post Steve that has brought me back to earth, made me realise that this FLE is one to be kept and saved me from making a fool of myself.

I too was involved in the discussions and voting process and decided then that I would buy one, despite it being smaller than my norm and I rarely, these days, have any form of requirement for a dress watch. It would be a memorable piece as well, with the serial number being my birth year.

Howner, having seen it in the flesh at SalonQP, I started to have doubts. It did not immediately impress me; perhaps it was the light, perhaps the brown strap. I don't know.

Mine was waiting for me when I got home on Friday night but I did not, as I usually do, pull it out of the box and immediately put it on my wrist. Part of my dilemma was that I've seen a newly released watch that I quite fancy and I was thinking of getting this instead and sending my FLE back.

My FLE has spent the weekend in its box, albeit open alongside my desk in the study where I've been working today; glancing at it frequently thinking shall I, shan't I?

Steve, I read your post earlier this evening, and it reminded me of all the reasons I wanted to buy it in the first place, plus it's an LE and mine is special to me. I've thus decided it is to be kept, fitted the tan/brown Alligator off my C9 to it, plus ordered a couple of straps from Watch Obsession to make it 'pop' a bit, and will wear it to work tomorrow.

The other watch I'm thinking of will wait; perhaps I'll get it as a Christmas present to myself.

(sigh of relief)

Guy

sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
Fantastic to hear that you have now bonded! It is a lovely watch that deserves a good home.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk now Free
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

blowfish89 wrote:True, we need a teal or turquoise Trident.
How about 50 Scooter Blue and 50 Jag Red again? Even though it's a different model with a different bezel material, the forum would have a fit. :D
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Devarika Woulf wrote:...next year's FLE...
I think you may be disappointed. I am sure that if there was to have been a 2016 FLE we would have heard about it by now. But then, there was not one in 2014 either.
Steve

asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I enjoyed the whole process of choosing the 2015 FLE, from the really nice Photoshopped renders of the candidates by Mr Goose and some others, to the Pink Kitty and the rest of Korkki's funny pics, to the hilarious election campaign posts by Team Banana, to the excitement of the really close final voteoff, and finally, the whiff of controversy in the 2 late surges in votes - swinging the votes first towards the Banana and then back the other way for the Slimline.

Great entertainment.

:popcorn:
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Picked mine up this morning. Now fitted to the Ostrich strap that I bought for the FLE in February.
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
MarkGraz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by MarkGraz »

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

This just arrived on my desk, fastest shipping ever from GB, got my confirmation on the 27th.

This watch is just stunning, it's thin, and has an very understated elegance to it.
CWL:C30,C5FLE,C60(2),C60GMT(2),C8(2),C9JH,C11Tit Ext,C11MSL,C9SS,C95D,C9GMT,C9FLE Proto, C60 Chrono
Ebel Chrnon,Stein NavB DLC,Hanhart Minos,Nomos Metro,NomosAhoi ATL,Panerai 351,Omega Spdmstr Mk2,Halios Tropic B,,JLC Master Comp Chrono, Tudor GMT.
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

Mark,

Your pick seems to show the blue strap toning perfectly with the second hand -- is it that good a match close up and in daylight?!