Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: 2015 FLE Delayed

Post by Aifo »

Kip, thank you for the update and I will accept no apologies from either you or Chris whatsoever as there is nothing to blame. Thank you always for the hardworks and dedications to the FLEs, and don't push Chris too hard on diverting his efforts away from releasing the matt white/ matt black C60 for our FLE. The reference to matt white/black c60 is just a complete fabrication of my fantasies, of course.
Incoming: 0
Dicey
CW-watches: 0

Post by Dicey »

Thank you for the up front update, Kip. And thanks to both you and Chris for pushing to have the watch as accurate as possible to what the FLE voting choice was. I look forward to the watch coming in October!
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

An October release is okay with me, gives me time to get settled in our new place and put aside the funds. Also, still deciding on what color strap.. brown or blue??
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Thanks Kip - no problem with the delay, having seen the prototype it's certainly worth waiting for.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Oh No!!! Can I cope with the disappointment?
Yes, I probably can, I'm sure our resident Grinch will be along soon to castigate CWL for failing to deliver on their promises though!!
:-)

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by asqwerth »

Kip wrote:...
The reasons for delay are the, admittedly, to much time spent trying to acquire the thin hands in rose gold that would fit this watch. Apparently there were also some problems with the dial being built according to spec. I am presuming this is due to the rose gold markers.

Chris sends his deepest apologies for the delay, but states that everything possible will be done to keep the October delivery.

I too will accept some blame for this. I was pushing Chris to find a way to get the originally designed hands, So I too apologize for the delays....
No worries here. In fact, I'm so happy you pushed for the thin (but the newer fatter version) flat hands in rose gold, rather than us having to make do with the dauphin 2-plane hands from the Slimline.

That was the first thing I noticed in the video of the prototype, and boy, was I pleased.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

I'm also very much in agreement with the overall sentiment that the small additional delay is not a problem and that, overall, it's well worth it if it means that the finished product is everything we hoped it would be.

The prototype, both from the video and the still shots of the initial model seen at the Archive Event, looks to fully meet that objective so another couple of months is neither here nor there as far as I am concerned.

That it also allows me a little more time to absorb the cost of paying for it is no bad thing either...!
:D
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by gbbird »

Thanks for the update Kip. Disappointing but as said above not the end of the world, and as CW don't take our well earned cash in advance one cannot gripe.

As long as we get the 2015 fle in 2015 then I'll be a happy man :)
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by MadJam250 »

Not a problem and thanks for the update Kip.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
stoneyloon
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
LE-one: yes

Post by stoneyloon »

Cheers for the update, no worries from me....

Cheers,
Adam.
Cheers,
Adam.

Caught the bug........
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

This has just occurred to me...

I have just dug out my £50 voucher that was sent a while ago. The thread which dealt with the voucher seemed to come to the conclusion that it was not redeemable against the FLE.

However, it does say on the voucher that it is redeemable or should I say valid on all orders of £300 or more. On the back the only exception seems to be that it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is not valid on sale or clearance items. As far as I know the FLE is not a sale or clearance item. Though I suppose technically it could be termed an offer?

The accompanying letter says:
The enclosed £50 voucher is valid on any order of £300 and above. And because it can be used until midnight on 30 September it's either an opportunity to treat yourself to that CW watch you have had your eye on for a while or maybe, with several of our new and limited edition watches incorporating the SH 21 movement, you can earn a true first in English watchmaking.
Unfortunately, it looks as though 30th of September will have come and gone by the time the watch is ready to ship, so not really relevant anyway. :(
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Seems that it ought to be valid with the FLE; although where you highlighted Limited Edition, it does specify "incorporating the SH 21..." But if they were trying to exclude the FLE, this wording did not do so.

Shouldn't it be applied based on when you order and supply payment info, not by shipping date?
J
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

No idea, Jon, and it's not a big deal as they say. A definitive ruling would be good, though, I think.

Kip, what is your understanding, please?

EDIT...Actually, just checked against the 2013 FLE threads and it seems quite categorical that the voucher could NOT be used.

Fair enough.

Apologies for misunderstanding / false hope. :)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:This has just occurred to me...

I have just dug out my £50 voucher that was sent a while ago. The thread which dealt with the voucher seemed to come to the conclusion that it was not redeemable against the FLE.
Pretty sure the answer is "No" to using the voucher against the FLE. And I am holding out a CW purchase to see if the white bezel C60 makes an appearance in the MKIII debut. Whenever that may be.
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
Simon57
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Simon57 »

Why try to use a voucher? CW do a great thing allowing for production of FLE watches, surely by trying to force the cost down it just makes it less likely there'd be future ones.

Like a yellow future one.

That I might buy.

Y'know?
Christopher Ward x7 // Oris // Tag Heuer // Longines x2 // Nomos // Seiko // Orient x2 // Vostok x2