The sixth Forum LE
Sold out
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Re: 2015 FLE prototype arrival

Post by peter160866 »

Quick question - description says anti reflective glass is it the museum grade we voted for ?
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

peter160866 wrote:Quick question - description says anti reflective glass is it the museum grade we voted for ?
Yes.

Full spec can be found in Kip's post in 'Reservation details' thread.

Guy

sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
peter160866
Senior
Senior

Post by peter160866 »

:thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
peter160866 wrote:Quick question - description says anti reflective glass is it the museum grade we voted for ?
Yes.

Full spec can be found in Kip's post in 'Reservation details' thread.

Guy

:thumbup:
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Konketsu »

Standard Blue with bader ordered. I figure it'll get more wear being a bit more casual than a brown. Plus it'll be easy to get a brown strap in the future if needed. :thumbup:
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
Soulspawn
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 0

Post by Soulspawn »

Was about to lock in my FLE, when I got the email for the autumn sale.

Had a quick peek and couldn't resist the jump hour c9 mk3 at 50% off! So I pulled the trigger on it, which depleted my FLE funds.

I've just emailed Wera to regretfully withdraw my FLE reservation. So #04 is now available should anyone want it.

Cheers, Wen
wimbouman
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by wimbouman »

My funds are firmly reserved!
(is it there yet?)
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

Soulspawn wrote:Was about to lock in my FLE, when I got the email for the autumn sale.

Had a quick peek and couldn't resist the jump hour c9 mk3 at 50% off! So I pulled the trigger on it, which depleted my FLE funds.

I've just emailed Wera to regretfully withdraw my FLE reservation. So #04 is now available should anyone want it.

Cheers, Wen
With the half price offer, now 15% off everything and £50 vouchers , none applying to the FLE it is beginning to look expensive. I doubt that they will all sell at the asking price!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
Soulspawn
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 0

2015 FLE prototype arrival

Post by Soulspawn »

robinbarke wrote: With the half price offer, now 15% off everything and £50 vouchers , none applying to the FLE it is beginning to look expensive. I doubt that they will all sell at the asking price!

Robin
I thought it was 15% off all quartz?
I think kip recently did an analysis of FLE resale prices and the results were quite positive.

Not sure what your intentions for your FLE are, but i was buying mine because I liked the design and to wear. A higher resale value would be nice, but my intention wasn't to flip it immediately for a premium.

I've just always had a soft spot for the JH but couldn't justify the price.

Cheers, Wen
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I intend to wear mine. :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by MadJam250 »

For those on the waiting list, have decided to cancel my order (having acquired a watch in the recent half price sale). So #49 is now back in the pot for someone else to enjoy.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Sea60
Senior
Senior

Post by Sea60 »

MadJam250 wrote:For those on the waiting list, have decided to cancel my order (having acquired a watch in the recent half price sale). So #49 is now back in the pot for someone else to enjoy.
That makes 4 who have cancelled their orders and posted. I wonder how many others have either cancelled and didn't post or just won't place an order?

I will say the delay and some of the unknowns; FLE booklet? lack of any wrist shots by CWL, as well as some of those cancelling their orders has given me some second thoughts. As of right now I'm still in it to win it, but all of this has taken some of the wind out of my sails for the purchase. :-?
Matthew
Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro, Christopher Ward C65 Trident Classic, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Tag Heuer Link Calibre 16 Chronograph, Oris Der Meistertaucher, Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT, Steinhart Nav B Chrono II, Accutron Astronaut
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

Sea60 wrote:
MadJam250 wrote:For those on the waiting list, have decided to cancel my order (having acquired a watch in the recent half price sale). So #49 is now back in the pot for someone else to enjoy.
That makes 4 who have cancelled their orders and posted. I wonder how many others have either cancelled and didn't post or just won't place an order?

I will say the delay and some of the unknowns; FLE booklet? lack of any wrist shots by CWL, as well as some of those cancelling their orders has given me some second thoughts. As of right now I'm still in it to win it, but all of this has taken some of the wind out of my sails for the purchase. :-?
The reassurance of course is the safety net that is the returns policy if need be.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Sea60
Senior
Senior

Post by Sea60 »

MadJam250 wrote:
Sea60 wrote:

The reassurance of course is the safety net that is the returns policy if need be.
I'm sure it will be like adopting a puppy at the pound, as soon as he gets in the house, unless he bites someone (or in this case is too small for my 8" wrist), I'll fall in love with the pooch and he will be staying...
Matthew
Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro, Christopher Ward C65 Trident Classic, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Tag Heuer Link Calibre 16 Chronograph, Oris Der Meistertaucher, Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT, Steinhart Nav B Chrono II, Accutron Astronaut
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The FLE manual is at the printers. :D
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Bravo, is this a first?

My C9 FLE doesn't have one and I assumed the FLE didn't get one, but then if other small number LE runs get one then why not the FLE.

Guy

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England