2015 FLE - Buying Intentions?

The sixth Forum LE
Sold out

With the published specification and pricing estimates, are you likely to buy the 2015 FLE?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:11 am

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 114

scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: 2015 FLE - Buying Intentions?

Post by scooter »

Relax.

Nobody knows who said 'yes' and it doesn't work that way anyway.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by gbbird »

scooter wrote:Relax.

scooter
I think the Forum Gods running the poll can tell who has voted for each option

G
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
downer

Post by downer »

gbbird wrote:
scooter wrote:Relax.

scooter
I think the Forum Gods running the poll can tell who has voted for each option

G
Nope. Your vote is private.
Richard
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard B »

It's quite funny reading some of the "sage" advice about business risk.

Making huge assumptions, CWL's normal day-to-day business, up to the merger with SH, was to commit to production runs/batches of watches of many different models, then use marketing and sales techniques to sell them. At a profit. Business risk = fairly high, as grumpy customers want next day delivery which means that the watches have to be manufactured before they are sold. So, if the markup is 100% then CWL has to risk £25,000 as an advance on 100 watches that retail at £500 each. Number of advance sales orders? Zero. Expressions of interest? Maybe from a few members of the public, but not really worth the paper they're not written on, because the public are fickle and grumpy.

Same sums for a Forum LE but with expressions of interest? And no marketing to do? Lower risk... as long as they get the numbers right, and they've been doing this for a few years now.

BTW my vote wasn't private as I told everyone how I voted! :lol:
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

fissionu235 wrote:Hey, Hey.... I didn't vote and I WANT ONE and am letting the "Powers that be" that I am in...... so, whatever the number that voted yes, please add +1.............
I think a good example of why producing under-quantity is kind of unfair. You're gonna see a bit of this soon. :?
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

Just for the sake of discussion (Certainly no shortage of that around here.) I suggest CW make 50 pieces with the upgraded crystal and 50 pieces with the standard crystal. Given that option, I would change my vote. :D
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Mr Rick wrote:Just for the sake of discussion (Certainly no shortage of that around here.) I suggest CW make 50 pieces with the upgraded crystal and 50 pieces with the standard crystal. Given that option, I would change my vote. :D
+1 Same here

J
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

Great idea Mr Rick. :thumbup:
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Mr Rick wrote:Just for the sake of discussion (Certainly no shortage of that around here.) I suggest CW make 50 pieces with the upgraded crystal and 50 pieces with the standard crystal. Given that option, I would change my vote. :D
Very interesting idea although it might be awkward to then co-ordinate a specific serial number request.

Might it even be possible for the museum grade crystal to be fitted 'to order'?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

If this happens, you'll see the standard crystal sell out and the museum versions will become excess stock struggling to sell at their higher price point. I bet CW would have about 35 of them sitting around for a long time.
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Might it even be possible for the museum grade crystal to be fitted 'to order'?
I like the fitted to order idea because not everyone wants to pay the extra money but I don't think CW does customized orders. They like to pick the options upfront and make whole batches. Plus, this discussion should have been had prior to all the voting.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by teestech »

Richard B wrote:So, if the markup is 100% then CWL has to risk £25,000 as an advance on 100 watches that retail at £500 each.
I'd be amazed if the mark up was as little as 100%, especially now CWLH is actually the manufacturer (or at least assembler) of the watches. However I do agree with Richard that the risk on the FLE is likely to be somewhat less than when introducing a new model for general sale, as at least they have an idea that the specific watch has a following.
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard B »

teestech wrote:
Richard B wrote:So, if the markup is 100% then CWL has to risk £25,000 as an advance on 100 watches that retail at £500 each.
I'd be amazed if the mark up was as little as 100%.
Agreed. We will never know, of course, as now that CWL and SH are one, they can do what I call "Kwik-Fit" or "Starbucks" accounting. I'm sure many of you will understand, but to be pedantic (sorry!), companies do internal sales at whatever price suits them to prove that their mark-up is fixed at a particular percentage. Smoke and mirrors (aka lies!). Anyway, not that we would have known the position before the merger as its their own business.
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by teestech »

Quite agree Richard. To be clear, I don't have an issue with their (or any other company's) mark up being any particular percentage. I judge my buying decisions on whether I feel there's sufficient value to me, and the price it actually costs to make is entirely irrelevant.
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by peter160866 »

When will the order books open ? Didn't get anything in the sale too indecisive. Now keen to get my second CW
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We are awaiting final drawings and pricing before beginning the reservation process. Delivery is not expected until June.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.