2015 FLE - Buying Intentions?

The sixth Forum LE
Sold out

With the published specification and pricing estimates, are you likely to buy the 2015 FLE?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:11 am

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 114

DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: 2015 FLE - Buying Intentions?

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Let people choose with their money. It may not be close to 100 but the number of yes is almost 60 and will get there before shipping begins. If some people drop out, others will replace them but 60 is your magic number. That's 20 less than the 2011 FLE and I think it's suitable for a strict dress watch. Like several have said, the price may go up due to the lower quantity being produced. If CW can sell the 60 they make, this won't affect the next FLE at all. If this does struggle to sell, though, you may see CW limit the amount of choices we vote on next time to keep the appeal wide. Anyway, 60 is a good number, better than 40. And I like owning something only 60 people own! :D
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Richard B »

Devarika Woulf wrote:It's a limited edition of the C5 Slimline with an optic white dial w/ custom text (on bottom), rosegold markers and hour & minute hand, blue second hand, museum grade sapphire crystal (on front), and ETA 2801-2 hand-wound movement. It appears as if about only 60 will be made, according to the votes which would be the second lowest FLE yet. It will cost £520/$710, a 29%+ increase in price over the standard Slimline, and perhaps a little more than that in the end.
Thank you very much... my "yes" vote was well placed then.

A bit pricey compared to the standard slim line, but the spec and presentation sounds handsome. However, a limited edition with this spec and looking this good, anything under the £1000 price point has to be of interest.

I hate all the faff and disagreement surrounding a project like this (too much like work!) but the output appears to be a credit to those on the committee.
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
fissionu235
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by fissionu235 »

How do you get on the list for this watch ? Is there a list ? Will there be a deposit required or prepay before production ? What date will this deposit or prepay be required ? When is the estimated delivery ? LOL...... I am so so sorry for all the questions.... but honestly just found this post and did not get to vote but I would like to be on the "list"...........
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

There is no list...yet.

When matters are further in hand Kip will issue instructions for how to reserve a watch.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

This will be interesting to see how many CW produce. Will be at-least 60, but anymore, eh? :stick2:

Good luck to everyone on their orders. \:D/

Joseph.
Urbandog
Senior
Senior

Post by Urbandog »

the more i see it, the more i like it, so my yes stays a yes.
oberonfoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by oberonfoto »

I would have Voted No - not a fan of light dials and I like something chunky on my wrist.
David
CWL C60 Trident Pro Orange, C60 Trident 600 GMT Red, C60 Trident 300 - RN SM Service, C60 Trident 600 Bronze GMT, C65 Dartmouth S1 Black
EB Canford SM Service, EB Holton Pro, Omega Geneve, Record Swan, CWC G10
Wife:
CWL Constance
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

In my opinion there should be 50 produced.

Keeping supply tight will encourage people to place their orders, prevent remainder sell off, and establish a proper value for a limited piece.

Keeping the FLE numbers below the expressed demand will help maintain the price over the next few years.

Keep it special!
There's always time for one more.
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

I'm with Paul, a limited edition of 50 will make this FLE very desirable.
Soulspawn
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 0

Post by Soulspawn »

Sign me up for a FLE of 50 too.
Its a classic piece that will last the test of time!
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I have mixed feelings on that. Considering it's under, not over the usual number of 100, and you have probably more than 60 people expressing interest in the watch before, not during or after production, I would assume you make a reasonable production to meet the already low demand.

...Unless you feel many of those people will indeed drop out? Then that possibly means 10 people who truly want one don't get one. I respect value but I prefer fairness. Since 60 is such a low number than the standard 100, shouldn't we give those people the benefit of the doubt they will indeed purchase? Remember, this isn't like some other watch forums, it's a rather small, close community and this watch is made for us, the forum members. If there is excess stock at 60, I doubt it'd be much.

Perhaps we should start a new poll asking people if they really, really want one. :lol:

Joseph.
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

If only 50 or even 60 are made, then maybe we can put down a deposit to reserve one before the final number is decided. I would hate for someone who truly wanted one to miss out.
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
downer

Post by downer »

Paul Drawmer wrote:In my opinion there should be 50 produced.

Keeping supply tight will encourage people to place their orders, prevent remainder sell off, and establish a proper value for a limited piece.

Keeping the FLE numbers below the expressed demand will help maintain the price over the next few years.

Keep it special!
I agree.
Richard
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

downer wrote:
Paul Drawmer wrote:In my opinion there should be 50 produced.

Keep it special!
I agree.
So the only reason that people are buying this watch is to try and make money off it? Seems rather against the spirit of things!

Surely if 60 people express an interest (most of whom have been involved in the creation of the beast,) then it is rather unfair to say to at least 10.... "bad luck, you missed out now sod off!"

How do you decide who gets one? Lottery? First come first served?

You have given people a ball park figure (hopefully based on a worst case scenario). Set a closing date, get people to pay a binding deposit (usual caveats apply) and base the run off that. Round up to the nearest 25 and then you have a max of 24 to offer to the forumites who were uncomfortable paying the deposit. It there are 100 who want the 24 and some miss out, then so be it as they had the opportunity to put down a deposit.

All this keep it low and resale prices high talk just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Martin
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Martin »

Why not, when CW have properly planned and costed the watch, have a window in which orders can be properly placed?
Then make the number ordered, be it 57, 67 or 49. Everyone who wants one gets one and there aren't watches left unsold to be put in a sale as has happened in the past. Kip has already stated there is now going to be quite a wait as CW get round to their part of the operation. No need at this stage to suggest placing a very low limit on the production run, after all, the object is to sell watches!