2015 FLE - Poll for crystal specification

The sixth Forum LE
Sold out

Should the FLE use a standard crystal or an upgraded MG crystal at approx. £65/$85?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:26 pm

Standard crystal
31%
Museum Grade crystal
69%

Total votes: 86

DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Re: 2015 FLE - Poll for crystal specification

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Looking at my two standard crystals compared to my one museum grade (all free of dust), I'd say the price increase will be worth it. My cream C5 is a bit "foggy" but still visible. My black C3 though is much more reflective and it's obvious a crystal is there. My Makaira simply is perfect and relaxing to look at due to the clarity. It just seems right to go that extra way for a limited edition to make it further special, I feel. Hope this stays an option to vote on in the future.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: 2015 FLE - Poll for crystal specification

Post by akirk »

Devarika Woulf wrote:Looking at my two standard crystals compared to my one museum grade (all free of dust), I'd say the price increase will be worth it. My cream C5 is a bit "foggy" but still visible. My black C3 though is much more reflective and it's obvious a crystal is there. My Makaira simply is perfect and relaxing to look at due to the clarity. It just seems right to go that extra way for a limited edition to make it further special, I feel. Hope this stays an option to vote on in the future.
the downside is that my makira is the only one I never feel I can get clean - it shows up all dust / dirt... but agree the clarity is superb

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace