2015 FLE Final

The sixth Forum LE
Sold out

Which model do you want for your 2015 FLE? You have 1 vote.

Poll ended at Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:00 am

C5SLM-20
51%
C65-15
49%

Total votes: 174

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: 2015 FLE Final

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Simon57 wrote:Gutted the sunshine didnt take the title, would have looked fantastic on a yellow alligator Hirsch... :silent:
Plenty of scope for the 2016 Forum LE using the new C60 Trident Pro?

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Simon57 wrote:Gutted the sunshine didnt take the title, would have looked fantastic on a yellow alligator Hirsch... :silent:
Welcome to the forum. 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Plenty of scope for the 2016 Forum LE using the new C60 Trident Pro?
If someone puts a black bezel/yellow dial or blue bezel/yellow dial up for nomination next year, it's certain to make the top three of choices. Almost certain that will happen considering how many people wanted yellow this year. I bet the C65 losing out will be even better as now we can use that yellow color on a TridentC which is a much more appropriate watch for a color like that.

On the complete other hand, next year's FLE, which I really think will be the new Trident, could be used to finally bring back the highly coveted burnt/metallic orange dial from the Kingfisher. That was one of CW's most striking dials and it would be great to see a return to that. That was a galvanic dial though and the C60 isn't so it might not be quite the same thing.

Even better, perhaps if we're willing to pay extra, we could have it be an orange bezel with a black dial like the old C60. Remember that Kip said the orange ceramic was not included in the new line up because of cost. How much extra? Who knows but it's a thought worth discussing. You know many, many people here miss the orange C60. Anyway, there's lots of exciting choices to think about for later in the year.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Plenty of scope for the 2016 Forum LE using the new C60 Trident Pro?
Yet that already done for the 2012 FLE.
Not that it can't be repeated subject to the wishes of Chris et al at CWL.
I suspect the FLE series is a bit of an indulgence that doesn't stand up to close financial scrutiny.
I'm glad the bean counters aren't in charge :thumbup:
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gbbird »

The new trident is not the right choice for a 2016 FLE imo. It has only just been released with many variants to choose from. Why would we want to design yet another version?
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
Keeper of Time
Junior
Junior

Post by Keeper of Time »

gbbird wrote:The new trident is not the right choice for a 2016 FLE imo. It has only just been released with many variants to choose from. Why would we want to design yet another version?
Because one of the choices isn't yellow. Yellow watches are hard to come by. I am really wanting one, and almost pulled the trigger on an Otago out of desperation, but I am willing to wait for something that suits me better.
peter160866
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by peter160866 »

Do we know how many days left till official pics and prices ?
C60 - Khaki, Early Malvern, 2015 LE, C10 Aviator, Jump Hour, Black Trident Vintage
Simon57
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Simon57 »

I really want an FLE, but can't believe how dull this watch looks. I'd wear it to a Roman centurians funeral, but not much else! :silent:
Christopher Ward x7 // Oris // Tag Heuer // Longines x2 // Nomos // Seiko // Orient x2 // Vostok x2
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

Simon57 wrote:I really want an FLE, but can't believe how dull this watch looks. I'd wear it to a Roman centurians funeral, but not much else! :silent:
Ha, ha, ha! Never been to one of those but I agree totally!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

poppydoodlesdad wrote:
Simon57 wrote:I really want an FLE, but can't believe how dull this watch looks. I'd wear it to a Roman centurians funeral, but not much else! :silent:
Ha, ha, ha! Never been to one of those but I agree totally!
+1, especially being located just above the yellow sunshine on the OP. I believe it will be better looking in real life that the pic.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

:silent: This means "I am not expressing an opinion", not "I have just expressed one."

So, to all of the above I say...

:silent:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

Doesn't the emoticon :silent: mean silent?

It could be he wanted to blurt out his say and then say no more?!

In fairness to the poster, it appears that's what he has done.

The vote is done and dusted, the fires damped down, you've got to expect a little re ignition now and again though! :)
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

Well, Gok Wan, you have a year to dream up your own non-dull watch to be submitted when (if) the process goes ahead next year. :D
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

Magnus wrote:
Well, Gok Wan, you have a year to dream up your own non-dull watch to be submitted when (if) the process goes ahead next year. :D
Haters going to hate and all that.
Like the Frozen song..."Let it go..."

BTW what's your view on Marmite :wink:

On topic I have gone from no dress watches to too many to wear (well, about five that could pass muster) and I'm trying to learn that I don't need to own a watch for the sake of it. So I can't see me buying a 2015 FLE straight off.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

The C5 FLE has some major competition from the new C60 for me now as a dress watch...I didn't expect them to be so damn nice! I imagined them just like the originals with a few improved features but they made it a much more handsome watch IMO.

I feel like I should sell my Makaira if I purchase the FLE because they have a few similar features (blue hands, museum crystal) but I'm not sure I want to sell it. Damn hard but I gotta let something go. CW is getting my money either way but towards which watch? WHICH WATCH? :shock:

There was some talk earlier about people dropping out because of the new C60s and I put it down a bit. Uh oh. :silent:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.