LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Important Info

Post by Kip »

As we go into the final round of voting, there are a couple things you need to be aware of that might affect your vote.

Below are the estimated FLE 2015 prices for the watches in the final round. These prices may be higher or lower based on quantities and factors beyond our control, but are the best estimates that can be made at this time. For the moment we are basing this on 100 pieces, but this may also change, dependant on interest, when voting is completed.

Regardless of the winner, we will have the option as a group, for the watch to be built with a Museum Grade crystal on the front only. This will add about £65 ($85) to the price. Something to think about as we may have/need a vote on this later.

Upon completion of the final round, the winning design will be submitted to CWL for final specs and pricing. We will also get an estimated time of delivery, although the current expectation is June 2015.

Estimated pricing only

C5 Slimline
Standard leather strap with Tang buckle
UK £455
USA $625
Standard upgrade option prices apply

C5SLM-20

C65 Trident Classic
Strap UK £540
Strap USA $740
Bracelet UK £585
Bracelet USA $799
Standard upgrade option prices apply

C65-15
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Important Info

Post by Tyke »

Good luck to whichever wins :thumbup: . I'll not be voting as the C5 doesn't do it for me & the C65 is nice but I can think of other pieces I'd rather spend the money on.
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Well, the sundial just priced itself out! Good ole Slim is iffy now at over $600. The little rose gold pieces added more than I thought as I have no experience buying rose gold.

I'll start saving tho as I really like it!
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by theaub »

gatehealing wrote:Well, the sundial just priced itself out! Good ole Slim is iffy now at over $600. The little rose gold pieces added more than I thought as I have no experience buying rose gold.

You won't have to pay for it until next summer when it's ready, so you should have plenty of time to save. That's the nice thing about a FLE: you register your order but don't have to pay until it's made and ready to ship.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Congratulations to the two submitters of the final designs! Thank you to the FLE committee for their hard work so far.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
stevejc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 30

Post by stevejc »

Well, I'd be happy with either although that hour hand on the 65 does niggle in the picture but just looked at my Sub Mariner I have on today and that's similar so can probably live with it.
SteveJC
New Member of the C80 Owners Club
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Thanks for the information Kip. I had been wondering whether it would be polite to ask the likely price of the finalists.

Both watches are coming in at a shade under 10% higher than the watch they are based on which, considering the xx/100 forum LE status, is IMHO, really quite reasonable.

Also the option for us to consider Museum grade Sapphire crystal for around £65 is fantastic. I've got it on my C11 MSL and it really is good.

Only thing for me to do now, as I quite like both designs, is to decide which one to vote for.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I have not taken part at all this year as the probability of my purchasing was very low. Both entrants look good in their own way but not good enough for me to consider a buy. Like Tyke I shall sit on the guidelines and watch the contest with interest.

May the best man/watch win!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Just one other small point concerning this process.

After the final vote is completed, and we have selected a winner, we will have a couple of smaller debates/votes to nail-down a couple of details.

These details include:

1. The precise dial wording - for example, should we replace "Slimline" or "Trident Classic Automatic" with other words?
2. The type of crystal - regular or museum grade (with a cost increase)?
3. The caseback wording/limited edition numbering?

I think all the strap choices are covered as standard upgrades, but it would be interesting to know if there are any other details that should be discussed?
Richard
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tyke »

downer wrote:Just one other small point concerning this process.

After the final vote is completed, and we have selected a winner, we will have a couple of smaller debates/votes to nail-down a couple of details.

These details include:

1. The precise dial wording - for example, should we replace "Slimline" or "Trident Classic Automatic" with other words?

I think all the strap choices are covered as standard upgrades, but it would be interesting to know if there are any other details that should be discussed?
Specific pantone colour for the yellow should it win (or did I miss that)?
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gatehealing »

theaub wrote:
gatehealing wrote:Well, the sundial just priced itself out! Good ole Slim is iffy now at over $600. The little rose gold pieces added more than I thought as I have no experience buying rose gold.

You won't have to pay for it until next summer when it's ready, so you should have plenty of time to save. That's the nice thing about a FLE: you register your order but don't have to pay until it's made and ready to ship.
GASP!!! :shock:

Can I order right NOW then??
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Tyke wrote:Specific pantone colour for the yellow should it win (or did I miss that)?
Working on that....
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gatehealing »

These details include:

1) "Stupendous Amazing Forum Ltd Ed Timepiece for truly Ltd Ed people" :lol:
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

gatehealing wrote:

These details include:

1) "Stupendous Amazing Forum Ltd Ed Timepiece for truly Ltd Ed people" :lol:
Fortunately, you only get one vote. :)
Richard
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

Both estimates are very reasonable.

I think I would plump for the museum grade crystal when the time comes.
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1