C5 Slimline Semi Final discussion area

The sixth Forum LE
Sold out
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Goose383
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Re: C5 Slimline Semi Final discussion area

Post by Goose383 »

Magnus wrote:
AliBar wrote:For me, 20 is a watch CW themselves might make... unbidden by likes of us. I see it like adding for an extension to the development of a CW product line. Now for the CW Forum, it's a chance to be a little different and personalise something for the forumites - 08 has the difference but retaining some classic marine lines. All IMHO of course.
I take the point - but when you look at the C1 what 08 has done is dropped the small seconds and added red to the XII.

Don't get me wrong, I like the design - but it isnt that different to a model CWL has done before.
I can only see slight similarities to the C1 design, I think the design has much closer similarities to the Steinhart Marine, minus the small second hands.

Currently in the box:
Harold Pinchbeck Edward, Bell & Ross Professional type marine, Tag Heuer aqua racer RFU
Rolex Submariner LV, Longines Legend Diver, CW C11 Extreme, CW MMXV FLE
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Goose383 wrote:
Magnus wrote:
AliBar wrote:For me, 20 is a watch CW themselves might make... unbidden by likes of us. I see it like adding for an extension to the development of a CW product line. Now for the CW Forum, it's a chance to be a little different and personalise something for the forumites - 08 has the difference but retaining some classic marine lines. All IMHO of course.
I take the point - but when you look at the C1 what 08 has done is dropped the small seconds and added red to the XII.

Don't get me wrong, I like the design - but it isnt that different to a model CWL has done before.
I can only see slight similarities to the C1 design, I think the design has much closer similarities to the Steinhart Marine, minus the small second hands.

Small gap in the CW range that this would fit nicely..,..mind you if the red XII doesn't make it to FLE status then this might be a good alternative and as I've found out, steinharts are nice :D
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

AliBar wrote:For me, 20 is a watch CW themselves might make... unbidden by likes of us. I see it like adding for an extension to the development of a CW product line.
I don't think a C5SL with minute markers would ever be produced officially. It doesn't follow the design language of the existing model.

#20 looks special enough for an FLE to me and ought to sell quite well.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

Wow 20 has jumped ahead now...
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
wallywatch
CW-watches: 1

Post by wallywatch »

Konketsu wrote:Wow 20 has jumped ahead now...
It will be interesting to see where the votes currently given to 3 & 4 end up? If they move at all. It is not over yet.
omegaaddict
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by omegaaddict »

Hello all,

I don't know if any of you noticed this but I have a feeling that the integrity of this vote has been compromised.

I at first thought it odd how #20 could jump so far in advance in such a short period of time, especially when it was until fairly recently in third place I believe.

Then reading through the comments n this thread I saw that there were two posters that joined just yesterday with just one post each pushing the #20 design.

I am not saying that those users are not legitimate new joiners to the forum, and that they are not genuinely rooting for the #20 and participating like everyone else. But let's just say that as far as I am concerned this seems a bit off. And I think it is entirely possible that someone out there is attempting to rig the vote (for reasons unknown) by creating fake profiles.

It's just a thought, that perhaps that admin team can investigate further?

I apologize in advance if my suspicions turn out to be completely bogus and really do not mean to offend anyone.

Cheers!
Rolex: Explorer II 16570, OP 39mm
Omega: Speedmaster M. Schumacher LE, AT 8500
CW: C11 makaira, C900 WT
Hamilton Khaki King
Revue Thommen Air Speed, Louis Erard Heritage Automatic, Glycine Combat, Zodiac sea dragon, Aramar Arctic Marine
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

This is a tricky one for me as I voted for 3 of the 4 semi-finalists in the previous round.

I like both the #04 and #20 with their C9/C900 style but the #20 edges it for me with the Rose Gold Indices / hands plus the minute markers. They are though both dress style watches and I wonder how often, if I purchased one, I would wear it.

Moreover, I'm somewhat concerned that the rose gold finish will push the price up to a higher level than the other C5 contestants.

Therefore, with its unique, for CWL, styling and distinctive red XII that makes it a more wearable everyday watch, its Welshlad's Marine #08 that gets my vote.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

omegaaddict wrote:Hello all,

I don't know if any of you noticed this but I have a feeling that the integrity of this vote has been compromised.

I at first thought it odd how #20 could jump so far in advance in such a short period of time, especially when it was until fairly recently in third place I believe.

Then reading through the comments n this thread I saw that there were two posters that joined just yesterday with just one post each pushing the #20 design.

I am not saying that those users are not legitimate new joiners to the forum, and that they are not genuinely rooting for the #20 and participating like everyone else. But let's just say that as far as I am concerned this seems a bit off. And I think it is entirely possible that someone out there is attempting to rig the vote (for reasons unknown) by creating fake profiles.

I apologize in advance if my suspicions turn out to be completely bogus and really do not mean to offend anyone.

Cheers!
I was joking with a friend about this too. I hope it's not true. I think mods may be able to see IP addresses of posters (unsure tho), but even so there could be a friend using a current members computer as I did when my buddy got me into CWL.

Let's hope it's all legit. All of the entries are beautiful, so any of the models would be a win; it would be nice if it is a legit win tho.
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

gatehealing wrote:

Cheers!
I was joking with a friend about this too. I hope it's not true. I think mods may be able to see IP addresses of posters (unsure tho), but even so there could be a friend using a current members computer as I did when my buddy got me into CWL.

Let's hope it's all legit. All of the entries are beautiful, so any of the models would be a win; it would be nice if it is a legit win tho.
The admins will be able to see IP addresses I am sure - so if there is someone creating fake profiles it should be easy to spot and their votes can be binned.

However, #20 got 48 votes in the first round out of 29 entries (out of over 400 votes) - we now have 4 entries and it has 52 (with just over 100 votes) so it does not seem odd to me.

There are posters in the C65 thread with one or two posts too.

As the designer of #20 I will give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you are not accusing me of foul play :thumbup:
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gatehealing »

Magnus wrote:
gatehealing wrote:

Cheers!

The admins will be able to see IP addresses I am sure - so if there is someone creating fake profiles it should be easy to spot and their votes can be binned.

However, #20 got 48 votes in the first round out of 29 entries (out of over 400 votes) - we now have 4 entries and it has 52 (with just over 100 votes) so it does not seem odd to me.

There are posters in the C65 thread with one or two posts too.

As the designer of #20 I will give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you are not accusing me of foul play :thumbup:
Oh gosh no! I'm so sorry if my response sounded like that. My buddy and I were just joking around,as old friends do, with no real concern that this would actually happen.

My guess is that there is nothing suspicious going on. And I seriously doubt anybody would accuse any current members of dishonest methods.

For what it's worth, my vote was for you! :D
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

I think the jump in numbers might be more to do with people 'changing horses' from their preferred choice to their second choice if the original pick isn't going to win to maximise the value of their vote.

I can see the possibility of #4 & #20 joining forces to ensure one of them beats the marine. In the end, if the marine doesn't win, I can see Steinhart getting a bit of business out of this vote, although they might get even more if they did their marine 38mm with roman numerals rather than just Arabic which is odd that they don't given the bigger cased one have both options.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Might be worth checking how many votes have been cast from members who only joined since the voting process started. The number of votes cast in the slimline poll, far outweighs the numbers in the C65 poll (so far).
'Tis me
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gatehealing »

I really think this is much ado about nothing