The sixth Forum LE
Sold out
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: C5 Slimline Semi Final discussion area

Post by MiniMpi »

I agree with scooter, excellent post by the way mate.
Please reconsider Magnus.
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Cirrus »

I admit to not understanding all that is going on in this thread... but I would be surprised if anyone created duplicate accounts and also bothered to obscure their ip address. I guess the forum software logs it..?
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Serlo »

Yes Magnus, reconsider!

I am relatively new here and one of 36 people who'd like to see - and buy - a Marine FLE. However I haven't announced that I voted for #20, although I cast my vote three days ago.
Andreas
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Magnus: please don't do that. Rise above the rumours and any perceived insult and believe in your own integrity. I voted for number 8 and would love it to win, but not like this.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Well my vote has gone to what is currently (and IMO unfortunately) the last horse in the race - the greenie! I'd say there's virtually no chance it will win, but in all honesty it's the only one of the four I would buy... but then I'm a sucker for green. ;)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by gbbird »

If someone puts forward a design for a FLE and the voting begins, then it is not cricket to ask for it to be removed IMHO. People will always have something to say about a design, be it objective, positive, negative, or conspiratory. One should expect that on a public forum.

If we carry on as we are, CW would be in their rights to scrap the FLE idea altogether.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
steveo39

Post by steveo39 »

As one of the newbies who has perhaps caused this problem I'd just like to say sorry. Feel like I crashed the party now.

Also I'd like to say that I can count the number of forums I've joined on one hand. I joined this one because I have a lot of respect for the people who post here.

I voted for no.8 but no.20 is a beautiful design, the combination of blue and gold is reminiscent of the Nomos Orion which is one of the best watch designs out there IMO. If this has forced Magnus to withdraw (and I understand why he might want to) then I think that is really sad.

Can't we put the conspiracy theories to one side and move on?
spacebrother
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by spacebrother »

I voted for the Marine, because it is so different from the other designs for the C5 slim that it will be instantly recognised as a FLE, its really unique in that regard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Own:
Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi | CW C60 | Tissot V8 | Steinhart Apollon | Casio G-Shock 7900 Baywatch Red |
Goose383
Senior
Senior

Post by Goose383 »

Magnus wrote:I have contacted Kip to ask him to remove #20 from the voting process.

As the one member who would have a vested interest in it winning these accusations & suspicions, though not explicitly directed at me, will undoubtedly end up at my door.

Even if the model did win the whole thing has been sullied for me.

This isn't what I signed up for.
Magnus,

Please don't do this, I've not been around here for too long, and having worked with you briefly on making this design for you I can see why you've taken the comments as coming your direction, at one point I also thought... are they aiming this my way.... whilst I wasn't a member when previous FLE's have gone sour (and quite honestly I've no desire to go back and see why) in my short time here I consider this forum to be a very friendly place and while things are occasionally said out of line, or without though of there implications, (my posts included :oops: ) I really don't think think any one was accusing you of foul play, and if I'm completely wrong and they were, then so what - there are so many people voting/watching and commenting on this FLE process there's always going to be some unhappy ones or some posts that are either made for provocation or people just trying to influence the voting to try and swing things there way.

Let it run its course, let the members decide on the majority favourite and hopefully we'll end up with a great FLE that most people will love.

Please, please don't withdraw your entry.
Currently in the box:
Harold Pinchbeck Edward, Bell & Ross Professional type marine, Tag Heuer aqua racer RFU
Rolex Submariner LV, Longines Legend Diver, CW C11 Extreme, CW MMXV FLE
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Serlo »

spacebrother wrote:I voted for the Marine, because it is so different from the other designs for the C5 slim that it will be instantly recognised as a FLE, its really unique in that regard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
And it might be cheaper than applied rose gold indices...

However, I don't see any reason for people creating fake accounts, voting for a design and announcing that they have done so (i.e. that they voted for #20)... That would be unbelievably stupid.
Andreas
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Tooks »

The day we have to worry about vote rigging and putting in 'processes' to try and stop it is the day FLE's are dead on this forum...
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

And here we go again! Every year we do this we get embroiled in all this rubbish and for something that is a fabulous gesture by the admins, CW etc and is a true priviledge for forum members.

Yet we cock it up.

People end up not buying the bloody things because they are sick of the whole process by the time it comes to actually being built.

Magnus. If your design wins, good on you, take it as a compliment and bask in the glow of a job well done.

Don't withdraw it as that would absolutely make a mockery of the whole process.

If there was a whiff of impropriety, please lets give Kip and the mod team the benefit of the doubt and assume that they would be onto it. This ain't their first rodeo.

If there is an issue, let them investigate, advise the forum of their findings and then we can decide what to do.

So now all just get stuck in debating, voting arguing and generally having a jolly good time and leave all the madness at the door.

Rant over, back to the votes.

#go20 ;)
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

I think with something like this there has to be a level of implicit trust that we all have in the process. People are invested in designs that they have either worked hard to create or would like to see win and that will always lead to some level of friction, however mild or good-natured.

I am happy to accept that any new members who have voted have signed up with good intentions and therefore there's no reason to assume any kind of shenanigans.

So back to the discussions... Go Green!
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

On reflection I think gbbird is correct. It isn't cricket to remove it once votes have started. That may mean that members who are less frequently on here may lose their chance to vote without realising it - having voted for a model that is then removed.

I'm sorry this has turned into a bit of a shambles. That's my fault for not having thicker skin.

Kip & the team will no doubt investigate & remove any suspicious votes and we can hopefully put this embarrassing episode behind us.
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »