The sixth Forum LE
Sold out
omegaaddict
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: C5 Slimline Semi Final discussion area

Post by omegaaddict »

Caller wrote:Might be worth checking how many votes have been cast from members who only joined since the voting process started. The number of votes cast in the slimline poll, far outweighs the numbers in the C65 poll (so far).
Agreed,

I have a feeling that if one was to compare the number of new joiners over the past two days and compare to the number of people voting for the C5S espcially the #20 one would see a pretty obvious correlation.

Again, not meaning to step on any toes or accuse anyone, but just saying that it merits further investigation.

Magnus, I certainly did not mean to accuse you of anything and sincerely apologize if it came off as such.

Finally, I would like to propose that for the final vote/ any future FLE projects, that restrictions similar to the sales corner be enforced, to ensure that only active members of the forum that will continue being active members are able to have an impact on the process.

Cheers!
Rolex: Explorer II 16570, OP 39mm
Omega: Speedmaster M. Schumacher LE, AT 8500
CW: C11 makaira, C900 WT
Hamilton Khaki King
Revue Thommen Air Speed, Louis Erard Heritage Automatic, Glycine Combat, Zodiac sea dragon, Aramar Arctic Marine
steveo39

Post by steveo39 »

Hi, just to give a different perspective...I'm a new member and voted. I've been using the forum for info since I got my 1st 'proper' watch last year (a c10) and intended to post about my next move after falling into the trap of starting a collection by buying a Max Bill. I admit there was an extra incentive to join noe so I could vote for an entry that I'd consider as that next option. Just saying people might be prompted to join for the same reason. BTW I intend to stick around...and I voted Marine :)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

poppydoodlesdad wrote:
If No8 doesn't get it, I'll be getting the Steinhart.

I'd MUCH prefer a limited numbers CW :)

You know it makes sense....
Unfortunately making sense was not one of the criteria, Nick. :wink:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

There are currently 8745 Forum Members of whom approximately 5000 have never posted once.

They are all eligible to vote for our Forum Limited Editions if they so wish. Those are the rules and have been since the first FLE.

It has also always been deemed OK to join the Forum and immediately vote if an FLE is currently under design. It is hoped that those new members may like CW watches enough to buy more and also to stay and join in on the Forum.

We have one Administrator and three excellent Global Moderators.

What we don't need is self appointed Forum Police.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

scooter wrote:There are currently 8745 Forum Members of whom approximately 5000 have never posted once.

They are all eligible to vote for our Forum Limited Editions if they so wish. Those are the rules and have been since the first FLE.

It has also always been deemed OK to join the Forum and immediately vote if an FLE is currently under design. It is hoped that those new members may like CW watches enough to buy more and also to stay and join in on the Forum.

scooter
FREEZE!! You're under arrest :D
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

I rest my case.

scooter
RobinHague
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by RobinHague »

scooter wrote:There are currently 8745 Forum Members of whom approximately 5000 have never posted once.

scooter
As CW is running a business, I suppose that the maximum people eligible to vote has to be a good thing as far as advertising and sales are concerned. I realize that people would like to see the votes cast only by active forum members (and possibly CW watch owners, I note some voters do not appear to be) but would this be in detriment to the established CW image which has to appeal to the maximum number of people.
Just a thought - I personally would like voters to be CW owners and active on the forum.
Robin

C5 Battle of Britain (70) 6B/159 Automatic
#0631 of 1940
R30 ROM Victoria (wife's Christmas prezzy)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

RobinHague wrote:I realize that people would like to see the votes cast only by active forum members (and possibly CW watch owners, I note some voters do not appear to be) but would this be in detriment to the established CW image which has to appeal to the maximum number of people.
Just a thought - I personally would like voters to be CW owners and active on the forum.
Robin

How do you know whether a member of the Forum is a CW owner or not?

My own profile shows that I have 0, but I actually have 2. I just prefer not to show that in my profile.

That said we have some fabulous Forum Members who are no longer CW watch owners but active and well respected.

It is not a prerequisite to own a CW to be a member nor to vote.

scooter
RobinHague
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by RobinHague »

scooter wrote:
RobinHague wrote:I realize that people would like to see the votes cast only by active forum members (and possibly CW watch owners, I note some voters do not appear to be) but would this be in detriment to the established CW image which has to appeal to the maximum number of people.
Robin

How do you know whether a member of the Forum is a CW owner or not?

My own profile shows that I have 0, but I actually have 2. I just prefer not to show that in my profile.

That said we have some fabulous Forum Members who are no longer CW watch owners but active and well respected.

It is not a prerequisite to own a CW to be a member nor to vote.

scooter

Fair points, I think I was really putting some thoughts down about 'omeadicts' earlier post (which I should have quoted).
Rgds
Robin

C5 Battle of Britain (70) 6B/159 Automatic
#0631 of 1940
R30 ROM Victoria (wife's Christmas prezzy)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Robin

No worries.

I note that you only joined us last month but am pleased that you are able to vote for the FLE.

Who knows, your own vote might be the clincher for the watch that you are supporting.

scooter
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Hmmm...conspiracy theory...charge and counter-charge...what are the facts?

1. The voting system: it is semi-open in that you can change your vote and also see how the ballot is progressing. What you cannot do of course is see how other people have voted. On the question of whether this is the best way to conduct a vote of this type, draw your own conclusions.

2. A sudden surge in the vote for one model coincided with an unusually high registration uptake. Is there a correlation? Draw your own conclusions.

3. Two members joining within a couple of hours of each other left the briefest possible message of support for one model in their first and only post. I think it is fair to "assume" that they voted for the model they supported verbally. They remained online for a short period and have not returned since. Coincidence? Draw your own conclusions.

Please note that none of the above is in any way counter to the rules of the forum. However, if you suspect that something is not quite right, your best course of action would be to communicate that privately to the administration team.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
omegaaddict
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by omegaaddict »

I wasn't trying to police anyone simply pointed something out to see if anyone else had the same suspicion. Nothing more or less.

Did not mean to step on any toes or offend anyone.
Rolex: Explorer II 16570, OP 39mm
Omega: Speedmaster M. Schumacher LE, AT 8500
CW: C11 makaira, C900 WT
Hamilton Khaki King
Revue Thommen Air Speed, Louis Erard Heritage Automatic, Glycine Combat, Zodiac sea dragon, Aramar Arctic Marine
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

I have contacted Kip to ask him to remove #20 from the voting process.

As the one member who would have a vested interest in it winning these accusations & suspicions, though not explicitly directed at me, will undoubtedly end up at my door.

Even if the model did win the whole thing has been sullied for me.

This isn't what I signed up for.
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:A sudden surge in the vote for one model coincided with an unusually high registration uptake. Is there a correlation? Draw your own conclusions.
These are the facts:

Voting commenced at Tuesday Nov 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Wed 26th 15:00 #8 had 19 votes and #20 had 9 votes

Wed 26th 17:00 #8 had 21 votes and #20 had 19 votes

Wed 26th 18:30 #8 had 25 votes and #20 had 24 votes

Wed 26th 20:30 #8 had 27 votes and #20 had 28 votes

Wed 26th 22:30 '8 had 28 votes and #20 had 29 votes

Thu 27th 07:00 #8 had 32 votes and #20 had 32 votes

Thu 27th 09:17 Beatrice joins Forum

Thu 27th 09:22 Beatrice announces she has voted for #20

Thu 27th 09:40 #8 had 31 votes and #20 had 38 votes

Thu 27th 10:44 NAB joins Forum

Thu 27th 10:53 NAB announces he has voted for #20

Thu 27th 16:00 #8 has 31 votes and #20 has 42 votes

Thu 27th 18:50 #8 has 31 votes and #20 has 45 votes

Thu 27th 21:50 #8 has 31 votes and #20 has 47 votes

Fri 28th 09:00 #8 has 33 votes and #20 has 47 votes

Fri 28th 18:40 #8 has 36 votes and #20 has 52 votes

I told another Member the other day in a PM that this FLE was reminding me of what happened during the 2012 FLE voting. For anyone around at that time they will remember certain flashpoints. I can even remember Kip's and others integrity being called into question. I vowed after that that I would never again submit a design for any future FLE. The process left a very sour after taste in my mouth which remains to this day.

My thoughts are with welshlad and Magnus at this time.

Unless anyone has any specific evidence of wrongdoing (which should be reported to the Moderators) may I suggest that we just get on with the matter in hand of voting.

scooter
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Magnus

I have just seen your post.