The sixth Forum LE
Sold out
student80
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Re: C65 Trident Classic Semi Final discussion area

Post by student80 »

I am a bit sorry that none of my favorites didnt make it through in semi final. If you look at bigger picture C65 - 06; 07; 08 are basicly the same watch. White dial, blue indices... All three received total 57 votes - if we had just one of them we would have a sure winner and probably a bigger chance of winning against C5

Is it to late to do something about this ?
downer

Post by downer »

student80 wrote: Is it to late to do something about this ?
Yes, it is. The process treated all entries equally, regardless of similarities or differences. There were several other designs which were equally similar, and it would have been unfair to try to group them, so it was decided that each entry should stand or fall on its own merits.
Richard
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Post by mabotham »

Getting close this. Makes it quite exciting !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

mabotham wrote:Getting close this. Makes it quite exciting !!

You say "exciting". I say "nerve-wracking"! :shock:

Come on yellow!! :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
chrisw
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by chrisw »

im looking hoping that the 27A blue wins as it needs to take the place of an Omega AT which I definitely can't afford the yellow would for me only be of very limited use on the few sunny day's a year we get here but the blue would cover a whole bunch of different dress types from jeans to a grey suit imho a much more versatile watch.
C60 blue
C60 GMT mk2.
C8 mk2 vintage blk
C9 BDD
C15
C70 DType
C65 SWS
Bulova presisionist
Tag Carrera
Rado xeramo
Omega Seamaster
Garrad 9ct
GS SBGX 065
Rolex Datejust
Longine h flagship
Omega Deville coaixal 18ct
Tudor Oyster Royal
Seiko sarb 035
albionprs
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Post by albionprs »

student80 wrote:I am a bit sorry that none of my favorites didnt make it through in semi final. If you look at bigger picture C65 - 06; 07; 08 are basicly the same watch. White dial, blue indices... All three received total 57 votes - if we had just one of them we would have a sure winner and probably a bigger chance of winning against C5

It totally agree, either one of these would have been my first choice, yellow second. I was surprised to see all three be allowed, I would thought that two options may have been better, one with date, one without the date window.
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by mabotham »

It's happened now. Perhaps something to learn for next years fle.

ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

In the first round people had 5 votes and could switch them at any time. Therefore if you really want one of the variants then you could have used your votes on all three and other people could have switched at any time. The reason why I think that they did not get more votes was that a number of members thought it was too close to the 2009 and 2013 FLEs.

But no 6 did get 31 votes with the top 3 getting 35, 34 and 33 votes so it was close. All it would have taken is a couple more votes but they did not come in. Therefore no 6 stood on its own merits and any talk of the variants splitting the vote seems strange. And as Downer says there is no way that these should be amalgamated. That would be wrong. That is the way the voting went. There were plenty of designs that I really liked that did not make it through. Democracy in action.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

ianblyth wrote:Democracy in action.
And Iong may it continue.
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by mabotham »

Boom ! The yellow has launched forward. Game over !

student80
Senior
Senior

Post by student80 »

Democracy ? Maybe, but it still doesn t feel right to me.

Considering this is fle number six it could ( should ) have been moderated better, but just a common man opinion
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

student80 wrote:Democracy ? Maybe, but it still doesn t feel right to me.

Considering this is fle number six it could ( should ) have been moderated better, but just a common man opinion
Any specific points that should have been done differently?
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Gradie
Senior
Senior

Post by Gradie »

student80 wrote:I am a bit sorry that none of my favorites didnt make it through in semi final. If you look at bigger picture C65 - 06; 07; 08 are basicly the same watch. White dial, blue indices... All three received total 57 votes - if we had just one of them we would have a sure winner and probably a bigger chance of winning against C5

That's precisely why we had multiple votes. Chances are everyone who voted for one of those three also voted for one or both of the other two, so your combined total of 57 is meaningless as it double or triple counts certain individuals who voted for more than one of the three. It was also possible for people to move their votes to affect their outcome.

I see nothing at all wrong with this approach.
omegaaddict
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by omegaaddict »

Gradie wrote:

That's precisely why we had multiple votes. Chances are everyone who voted for one of those three also voted for one or both of the other two, so your combined total of 57 is meaningless as it double or triple counts certain individuals who voted for more than one of the three. It was also possible for people to move their votes to affect their outcome.

I see nothing at all wrong with this approach.
At first thought one would think that consolidating those designs could have resulted in a difference. I would have personally loved to have any of those designs specifically because they are so similar to the 2009 FLE.

However, the fact remains that members could have changed their vote at any time and so could have easily changed their vote to the leading white face blue hands design . had the majority of people actually wanted that sort of design that should have happened. the fact that it didn't indicates that the majority of voters, unfortunately, did not want a white face blue hands design.

I'm just hoping CW see the popularity of the 2009 FLE and what I expect to be reasonable demand out there for a white face blue hands watch (example AT with blue hands, broad arrow are always quick to sell) to do it themselves :)
Rolex: Explorer II 16570, OP 39mm
Omega: Speedmaster M. Schumacher LE, AT 8500
CW: C11 makaira, C900 WT
Hamilton Khaki King
Revue Thommen Air Speed, Louis Erard Heritage Automatic, Glycine Combat, Zodiac sea dragon, Aramar Arctic Marine
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Blue makes for a much more versatile watch but it's so typical so I voted for Yellow because it's pretty original and really odd. I have no idea how I'd actually wear a watch like that, but it is pretty different.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.