scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Elimination process

Post by scooter »

Just in case anybody is remotely interested, Goose and I have amicably settled our differences as it should be done in private messages.

We are now best mates.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by bspj »

Every blessing.
Steve
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

scooter wrote:Just in case anybody is remotely interested, Goose and I have amicably settled our differences as it should be done in private messages.

We are now best mates.

scooter
Likewise, Goose and I have now sorted our differences by PM too. All is good. :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

:reallove: Awwwwww..,... Bless! :lol:
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by theaub »

Good to see reconciliation and peace breaking out. Fine gentlemen all.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Great to see a spirited discussion while I was busy in other areas today. Some good reading I must say.

First of all, I see no disrespect for myself or the team. Just some great discussion.

I did think it was clear in the first 2015 Inquiry Poll that we were looking for 3 models as the header over the ballot states/asks, "Which 3 models would you prefer to be used as a basis for the 2015 FLE?" Where I see now that I was a unclear, as welshlad has pointed out, is that I asked which model do you want. For this I apologize. The Inquiry vote was never meant to choose one model. Perhaps where we nudged the "goalposts" was only going with 2. The team discussed it and it was decided that we didn't have a strong enough 3rd candidate to add to the top 2. In the interest of efficiency, it was decided to move forward with only the 2 models we are working with. No one complained at the time about only having 2 so we plowed ahead.

As to the votes that were placed on mechanical and quartz, fair warning was given for those votes to be changed. Those did remain non votes. End of story on that.

I am sorry if I have caused some confusion, but I think we are to far into this now to pause, go back and select a third model. If that is what everyone wishes we can certainly do that, but I do not believe the outcome will change.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

Kip wrote: I am sorry if I have caused some confusion, but I think we are to far into this now to pause, go back and select a third model. If that is what everyone wishes we can certainly do that, but I do not believe the outcome will change.
I say we scrap both and buy a gaggle of Pulsars to glue some 'bling' to :lol:

I have been looking over some other watch forums, and this one by far is the best at getting heated, then everybody buying each other a beer and laughing about it. Y'all are great!

Jon
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Serlo »

Awww, that was the best morning read ever.

And once again the discussion has shown me that this is the friendliest watch forum there is.

Thanks for the clarification, Kip.

Andreas
Andreas
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

It is also the best forum I know for the actual intelligent content of most of the discussion.
It wouldn't be too much fun if a bunch of clever, articulate and dynamic people stood around bleating about how nice the grass is in this corner of the field.
Or if there were a constant hail of sniper fire from ivory towers.

And, like scooter and Welshlad, I received a very nice PM from Goose and we have also settled any differences there may have been.

My apologies to Kip and the others for not gauging the intent of the first poll correctly. I still believe that the next stage should be to select one model from each case and move on to a straight head to head, as that was the original intention.

As a result, I shall cast only one vote. Unsurprisingly, it will be for my design. I shall not vote for any C65s, as I have no intention of buying one and therefore no wish to influence the outcome. Should (one of) the eventual C5S winner(s) be something I would buy, I will vote for it in the final. If not I shall abstain. At least that way I shall be going about it in what I believe is the right way without prejudicing other people's chances.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

What ever the outcome I still think this is the best forum le experience this forum has created thus far and whatever design wins this has been great fun and more involving for a lot of people :thumbup:
I miss all the great things that may never be.
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by theaub »

I think AVO's decision not to vote for a C65 version is honourable indeed. It's caused me to think about my own voting intentions, since I'd be highly unlikely to buy the FLE if it were a C65.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

If I voted for something I don't like, it would merely be to prevent something I liked less from winning. In a "save the nation" political election this might be morally appropriate, but not here.

If I did that then the turkeys might as well vote for Christmas and the dog sleep in the manger! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:It is also the best forum I know for the actual intelligent content of most of the discussion.
It wouldn't be too much fun if a bunch of clever, articulate and dynamic people stood around bleating about how nice the grass is in this corner of the field.
Or if there were a constant hail of sniper fire from ivory towers.
just this ^
in spite of my bluster, i'm a sensitive soul ( :lol: ), and have wandered into 2 other watch forums only to retreat very quickly again! here, when clouds gather, i know by now that time, thoughtfulness and good grace from all parties will settle the weather again. it just seems to be how it works around here :thumbup:

the FLE process has so far been spirited and full of interest. i've been drawn in completely, and am loving the great variety of designs. vote MissF 'pink'! :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Thanks, Kip, for the clarification and for confirming that you took no offence at my comments. I clearly misunderstood the purpose of the initial poll, so apologies for that. Given that it was always designed to choose more than one model, then I have no problem with how things are proposed to proceed from here.

I just need to find some time to add a couple more design entries before the closing date! :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Dancematt wrote:What ever the outcome I still think this is the best forum le experience this forum has created thus far and whatever design wins this has been great fun and more involving for a lot of people :thumbup:

Hear, hear!

I was in any case going to vote only in the C5S category for the elimination round, since it wouldn't be right IMO to vote for a watch case I'm never going to buy* .

As it is, choosing from amongst just the C5S entries is not going to be easy.

*If the missF "Pink" gets into the final round, I'll think about it. Maybe. :lol:
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen