C5 Slimline Entries

The sixth Forum LE
Sold out
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: C5 Slimline Entries

Post by welshlad »

Here's an out-and-out minimalist dress watch design, taking inspiration from some Movado watches, but also utilising the CWL sunburst/galvanic dial style and the Roman numerals used on the C900SP and C9 5-Day etc. Dial is black (rather than the normal charcoal). No second hand.

Edit: I have now amended this to have no "12" marker, so that it is a completely clean, minimalist, elegant dress watch.

C5SLM-19
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

So here goes - my entry. I say my entries but Goose did all of the hard photoshop work so a big thank you to him!
This is very similar to one of the entries above.
The hour and minute hands – along with the hour markers are to be rose gold. The second hand is to be blue. This is a similar scheme to the old C9 Harrison that I loved – but has taken the needle hands from more recent models.
The dial is optic white and the CWL writing is in black.
(could maybe look at dropping the 'slimline')

C5SLM-20
2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
Goose383
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Goose383 »

Another variation on the two tone dial, this time dark royal blue inner and outer printed sections onto a silver base, applied roman numeral markers and slim silver hands. 60 on minute track light green (for no other reason than I accidentally made it that colour in error and quite liked it :oops: ) on a black leather strap.

C5SLM-21
Currently in the box:
Harold Pinchbeck Edward, Bell & Ross Professional type marine, Tag Heuer aqua racer RFU
Rolex Submariner LV, Longines Legend Diver, CW C11 Extreme, CW MMXV FLE
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

DancemattGoose productions presents the Christopher Ward Slimline Geographic (nickname only, name will not be present anywhere on watch) which takes it suave 60's styling from the charismatic Jaeger Lecoultre Geophysic.

The sporty yet classy look could potentially suit more occasions and straps than your average dress watch. Think Nomos Club, Rolex Explorer or (further afield) Seiko Alpinist.

C5SLM-22

Dial details

Blue/grey dial colour - not galvanised)
Applied C3 numerals
Applied C5 batons
Lumed Claymore hands
Black scripture (logo, Limited edition)
Black verticle and Horizontal lines to mark the equator and the meridian line.

BG W9 lume on hands
Museum grade sapphire crystal.

Version 2 uses a ruby maroon/brown dial (similar sheen/ galvanised look to current slimlines) with white scripture. Both models together pay homage to the Scooter/Jag combo of 2012

C5SLM-23
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Goose383
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Goose383 »

sorry last entries from me, I promise :oops: just thought I'd even up the entries list a bit...

First up, is a standard C5s but with the dial colour changed to deep red fading to black, and slime line text changed to special edition.

C5SLM-24

next, my AD Astra inspired design from the C65 entry, white lume to hands, hour markers and numbers/triangles in outer track, white dial with printed red inner circle, on matching red and blue strap

C5SLM-25

next, Black carbon fibre effect face with applied silver hour markers, printed white minute markers, silver hands (no lume on this one)

C5SLM-26

next, inner minute track markers/numbers all in white lume (would be nice to have the minute track inlaid like the c90 becketts) hands with white lume, applied roman numerals in polished silver.

C5SLM-27

lastly ( I promise) as above but with different style hands, applied standard numerals in polished silver

C5SLM-28

sorry all, quick close the entries list before I add more :oops: :oops: :oops:
Currently in the box:
Harold Pinchbeck Edward, Bell & Ross Professional type marine, Tag Heuer aqua racer RFU
Rolex Submariner LV, Longines Legend Diver, CW C11 Extreme, CW MMXV FLE
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Here's a final C5S entry from me. Although CWL have the Jumping Hour models, they do not have a true single-hander watch in the line-up, where the single hand is an hour hand (rather than a minute hand on the Jumping Hour models). So here is my suggestion to fill that gap for the FLE!

Galvanic blue dial.
White hand, marine style.
Printed white 12/3/6/9 numerals, logo and limited edition text (this could be removed, but it does provide some balance with the top half).
Printed white minute track, showing markings at every 5 minutes.

This would use the regular ETA2801 movement, but only utilise the hour hand functionality.

C5SLM-29
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr