Charlotte Round

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Charlotte Round

Post by Kip »

Charlotte Round

R20-DEC-SWT

R20-DEC-SWS

R20-DEC-SKS

R20-DEC-SKK
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Charlotte Round

Post by Mortis »

So that's what the model in the promo shots was wearing! It looks ok (case nicer than dial). Clearly quartz again, though. :-(
mrs j
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10

Re: Charlotte Round

Post by mrs j »

A nice watch but another disappointment for me no date window and not an auto. Please say your leaving the best ones you have left till last.
Charlief
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Charlief »

Out of all of them... this is the one I like best.

Any idea of the case size?
Aesculapius
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Aesculapius »

Generally speaking, I like it but, given that all the other indices are intact characters, I would have preferred the "6" to have been a full character, overlying the bottom of the sub-dial.

Bar the Love-Hearts design (which just seems to be too much H. Samuel and not enough CWL), I have no major problems with any of the new women's collection so far. They're certainly more what I would expect from CWL than some of their previous women's offerings.

That said, my better half still prefers "our" C5 Aviator Mk 1 (cream/brown) to any of these new designs. She never wears anything else and says it's the nicest watch she's ever owned (!).
:D
king coultas
CW-watches: 2

Post by king coultas »

I've got to say although not a woman I'm disappointed with these because it seems to me a golden opportunity has been wasted. What I'm getting at is, it doesn't seem as if there are any autos and there are no divers. I'm sure some will call me selfish but I'd love to see some 36mm watches with auto so some of us blokes can wear them too. Even one - a single version - in the range would be good. As someone who's done a fair bit of marketing and PR I can't see why it wouldn't be a good idea to dip a toe in the water to at least gauge interest with both women and men on this size, type and engine. Yes, it arguably costs more than most people think to get a new watch up and running but honestly it could expand sales so much. CW could even unveil pictures and then see what the response would be through this forum before even commissioning the actual watch. Anyway, that's my two pennorth. As I've said before, I'd buy plenty more CWs if a slightly smaller case option was offered.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

king coultas wrote:I've got to say although not a woman I'm disappointed with these because it seems to me a golden opportunity has been wasted. What I'm getting at is, it doesn't seem as if there are any autos and there are no divers. I'm sure some will call me selfish but I'd love to see some 36mm watches with auto so some of us blokes can wear them too. Even one - a single version - in the range would be good. As someone who's done a fair bit of marketing and PR I can't see why it wouldn't be a good idea to dip a toe in the water to at least gauge interest with both women and men on this size, type and engine. Yes, it arguably costs more than most people think to get a new watch up and running but honestly it could expand sales so much. CW could even unveil pictures and then see what the response would be through this forum before even commissioning the actual watch. Anyway, that's my two pennorth. As I've said before, I'd buy plenty more CWs if a slightly smaller case option was offered.
I am not a PR nor a marketing expert but aside from your desire, and no doubt a few others, to have a mid range unisex model or perhaps just some smaller models in general...wouldn't you say that a lot of the "dip a toe" has been done with the prior ladies models? We may someday see smaller models introduced, but this is about the ladies collection now.

I believe that CWL has put a lot of research, time and effort into this makeover of the Ladies collection. This line, I believe, is designed to genuinely be aimed at the overall market desires and not just the forum. Despite the lack of dates and automatics I have to think that CWL knows much more about this than we do...at least I hope so.

My wife is not taken by any of these models so far either. She has a very specific look and size in mind and so far she is not seeing it. She doesn't hate them...they are just not for her. That doesn't mean that 10 of her friends won't buy them.

I am backing Chris on this as he is the one with the know how and financial investment. I find it difficult to accept that he would revamp an entire range without knowing that a large portion will sell.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
king coultas
CW-watches: 2

Post by king coultas »

Well Kip, we'll see. Of course it is up to Chris, it's his company, but my wife doesn't like any of these either, so who is going to buy them? The wife has a smart and unobtrusive rectangular Gucci and there is nothing here that comes anywhere near that in terms of style, and I am with everyone on the down-market look of the two hearts watch. In the CW mens' range there are plenty that come near to matching Omega, Longines, even Rolex. But what would I know, I'm just a person who buys watches, or not...
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I think this one is probably the pick of the bunch. Interesting case shape and lug treatment. The font is also good. The only slight negative is the truncated '6', but otherwise, this looks a good watch.
Richard