W5 Matisse

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

W5 Matisse

Post by Kip »

W5 Matisse

The differences I see with the W8/80 Matisse are The non chronograph, plain bezel and accent diamonds on the 9.

W5SWP

W5SLL
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Re: W5 Matisse

Post by Beastmaster »

Looks ok. So far they have all looked a bit on the fashion side. I really liked the W7 Rapide and regret not getting one for Lady Peanut, so I'm still hoping to see something in a more sporty vein.
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
theague
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

W5 Matisse

Post by theague »

I'm not a woman so maybe that's why I haven't been impressed with some of these options for the ladies.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

theague wrote:I'm not a woman so maybe that's why I haven't been impressed with some of these options for the ladies.
Where's Mel Gibson when you need him? :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
SwampDonkey
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Post by SwampDonkey »

For me, the problem with these Matisse watches is that they seem to shout "Frank Muller". A bit too much of a wannabe design to my eyes.

Pete
Pete

Christopher Ward C5 Malvern
Christopher Ward C9 5 Day Automatic
Oris Artelier Small Seconds Pointer Date
IWC Ref. 2403
Max Bill Automatic
Tag Heuer Carrera Twin Time
Stowa Marine Original
Steinhart OVM
Mr Jones Watches Sun & Moon
mrs j
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10
LE-fourb: yes

Post by mrs j »

Nice but not to fussed on the straps and wish it had an auto movement and what no date window again!!. I rely on my watch for the date are women supposed to have a built in calender in our heads very disappointed Mr Ward.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

Just doing some catching up and nearly missed this.
First impressions are ok. It'll probably sell. Far better than the hearts ones.
Would have liked the colours to have been copies over from the other W8 Matisse. These appear a bit wishy-washy and washed out. Doesn't make much of a statement. Maybe that was the idea?

As to the diamond accent on the 9, are we talking diamonds or just sparkly glitter stuff?

I know a certain daughter who would love the purple. However, would have thought a white and a black dial version to allow for the all important coordination that I understand women do.

ttfn, Alex
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

I can see this one selling....but to offer stap variations...like it would buy the wife one
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
Wound-up
Junior
Junior

Post by Wound-up »

This is a fun watch but I would like to see this with the diamonds around the edge of the bezel (not on the numbers) + some additional colours for the straps. Deep Indigo, deep electric blue, deep Hermes orange, deep cherry red. Oh! And a black dial added to the selection. The coloured numbers would stand out nicely. Any chance??????????? :D

P.S. I forgot brighter colours for the numbers and a mechanical movement option.
Macca

Post by Macca »

I would like to slide a womans opinion in there.. my other half could me eyeing up some of the new designs and clapped eyes on the W5 SWP at the top and said, wow can I have one of those. So there you go, given that my Mrs is always right.. every woman will want one by her logic.. at least :D
timeisofthessence
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by timeisofthessence »

I ran this and the live heart watch by my gf and she said:

Love heart - cute and more day to day wearable
Matisse - she likes the purple, fun watch

So i wound up getting both. Hope this helps me in future " you cant possibly need another watch conversations. "

Also, it will be great to have her wearing a good quality watch compared to what she's currently got.

Ill keep everyone posted on her feedback once she starts wearing them.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

The W5 SLL has silver hands. Quite a distance from the black hands in Kips picture and the lead picture on the website. How does this happen?

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
Ed Hicks
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 5

Post by Ed Hicks »

My wife wears the W5SLL quite a lot and I've never heard many great comments from people seeing it when we travel...It's just a neat watch unlike most anything else and it stands out well. Ed

timeisofthessence wrote:I ran this and the live heart watch by my gf and she said:

Love heart - cute and more day to day wearable
Matisse - she likes the purple, fun watch

So i wound up getting both. Hope this helps me in future " you cant possibly need another watch conversations. "

Also, it will be great to have her wearing a good quality watch compared to what she's currently got.

Ill keep everyone posted on her feedback once she starts wearing them.
dechesne
Junior
Junior

Post by dechesne »

Nice for girls? :)
declan29
Junior
Junior

Post by declan29 »

Much as I like Franck Muller watches, and styles influenced by them, I'm not really "feeling" these ones I'm afraid to say. Still, lots of other fantastic watches to choose from, but I'd love to see some really nice ladies watches. It's my wife's 30th this November, so would love to get her a CW.