The Love Heart

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: The Love Heart

Post by jimbo »

Oh dear.......

My wife might have one of those if the colour was not pink.....and the heart exchanged for a hammer/anvil.....I agree with above posts where this looks tacky £1.99-£19.99 market stall trash for love sick teenagers

I can see these in the sales soon....and still no one will buy one

sorry CW a mistake there
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
markrlondon
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by markrlondon »

It will be interesting to see how these sell. Whilst I can appreciate why people are sare saying what they are about them appearing chavy, the fact is that the likes of Rolex produce quite similar watches for women iirc. They are a fashionable concept at all price points.

The only question is whether CW is correctly placed to cash in on the trend. CW is not a downmarket brand so it can't compete with the £19.99 waches but does it have the awareness in the market for people to pay CW's higher prices?

As I said elsewhere, most of us in here are entirely the wrong people to judge. We're almost all male WISs but the likely buyers of these watches will be complete non-WISs, either men buying a 'decent' but trendy and fashionanble watch for girlfriends or wives, or women buying for themselves, and some women buying gifts for other women. If I understand correctly, CW is doing its best to get its name imprinted in non-WIS watch buyers' minds as a mid range decent quality but nevertheless fashionable and trendy brand. It may disgust WISs but it could well work.

Time will tell I guess.
MarkR
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

I hope they bring out a watch for "working women"...by this i mean a watch for women that is sporty/water proof/robust, and small enough that it is usable by the "smaller wrist", this would be a smaller diver/trident type watch.

the female in question would be for example a Police officer/fire woman/gardener/for any job that takes them outside, in all weathers, so if they are a runner/cylist/swimmer, they would wear the watch almost all of the time, not worrying about getting sand/salt water on it.

If they were wearing the watch in a suit or overalls or riding kit then they still feel feminine, yet have a robust watch that can take a dink or two.....well that's what my missus would like before starting a 12 hour shift "down pit" :D
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

jimbo wrote:I hope they bring out a watch for "working women"...by this i mean a watch for women that is sporty/water proof/robust, and small enough that it is usable by the "smaller wrist", this would be a smaller diver/trident type watch....
I think that is a good point and well made.

If I can add to it I don't think it needs be just the robust type. If I can give an example. My consultant that I'm seeing today (medical one), she wears an Oris datepointer, the ladies version. I am thinking that there must be professional ladies (no not that sort, mind out of the gutter) that require a good looking watch that's reliable, usable and makes a statement yet isn't a dress watch or a top flight named brand.

Try as I might I can't see any of this type in the new CWL ladies collection. Even the Alex Sport doesn't cut it with that bracelet. Women aren't just pretty things that get dressed up just to be taken out on the arm of a man. Believe it or not they actually go out and work and take responsibility and do stuff (I know, I know, sad isn't it. Gone are the times when they'd take off a watch to do the washing up, laundry, scrub the floors, etc. :wink:).

ttfn, Alex
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes

Post by Mortis »

st-rider wrote:Believe it or not they actually go out and work and take responsibility and do stuff
This is what makes it so strange - we all know that Wera, for example, works her socks off for CWL, so surely the company should know that. But then I don't think that either Chris or Wera were particularly "watch people" until the company was started!
Wound-up
Junior
Junior

Post by Wound-up »

Ditch the hearts, keep the mother of pearl and the diamonds add a mechanical movement with day/date. BINGO!
Mr Kirk
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

The Love Heart

Post by Mr Kirk »

Some poor feedback in this thread!
Nevertheless, I picked one up for my girlfriend in the 50% sale. Looks like a few people were right about it not selling too well. Which I think is understandable. It doesn't really fit in with the CW ethos from why I have seen so far.

But she's a girly girl, likes pink and sparkly things, so fingers crossed she will like it!

It was delivered this morning. I've opened it up and it looks ok in the flesh. I thought it might be too big but it's really well proportioned.

I will report back with her opinion and hopefully some pictures.
C5 Aviator Mk1 - Black - #1450
C5 Aviator Mk2 - Black - #0296
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Picked up one of these for my wife at 50% off.

She likes it, that's likes it, not LIKES it, so a possible 7/10 from me.
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
tricky
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by tricky »

I suspect the majority of watch enthusiasts/collectors are men. For most women (puts crash helmet on) watches are probably worn/seen as a fashion accessory ie to match an outfit etc. They are not intended for the same market as for the serious watch collecting crusty old men on this forum, and should perhaps been seen in this light?! Just a thought.
cholmes
Guru
Guru

Post by cholmes »

ahem.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Carolyn...me thinks it is a good thing he is on the opposite side of the pond. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
cholmes
Guru
Guru

Post by cholmes »

:wink:
timeisofthessence
Senior
Senior

Post by timeisofthessence »

I also picked one up for my gf too...she liked the photos and im hoping she ll like it in the flesh.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Dear All,

It ifs wiff sadness that oi write to you all from Saffhampton Hoffpital where is undergoing surgery on my moth where moi teeeeeth used to beeee.

Oi bought moi wiff a "heart" watch, and she fought oi was taking the piff, and nutted me.......

If you haff a wiff wot is a piff bull terrior you don't buy her "girly" watches !

you haff been warned :lol:
tricky
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by tricky »

No offence intended Carolyn, just an observation!