The Love Heart

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

The Love Heart

Post by Kip »

W4SWP
W4SOP
W4SLL
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Re: The Love Heart

Post by st-rider »

Sorry but my first reaction to these was "and how do they differ from something I could pick up for £10 to £20 in a supermarket?"

I'm all into fashion and making a statement with a watch but IMHO these will date pretty quickly. Maybe that's the way with fashion. However, if I'm investing a chunk of hard earned money then, again only IMHO, I'd want something a bit more timeless*. On the plus size, nice large dials rather than dainty affairs. Maybe as The Laird suggests maybe make a nice gift (burthdays, Xmas and Valentine's day spring to mind) but then maybe only worn on those 'special' occasions.

I'll run these by the finacée to get a female perspective. Will report back. Would like to hear other reactions to this from the fairer sex (if they can drag themselves away from the washing, cleaning and ironing :wink: :-").

ttfn, Alex

* time being relative of course and fashion being cyclic.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
LE-two: yes

Post by Mortis »

These look cheap and hideous to me, but I suppose CWL is always wanting to branch out and it's nice to see them targeting the pre-teen girlie market. I wonder if the price tag will match (i.e. under a tenner).
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Unutterably hideous. Showed it to my partner and she concurred. Heart shapes applied to dial, large square diamonds (cubic zirconia?) all scream 'elizabeth duke', not christopher ward.
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by st-rider »

jmarchitect wrote:...all scream 'elizabeth duke', not christopher ward.
I think that puts it better than I did.

Alex
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

st-rider wrote:Sorry but my first reaction to these was "and how do they differ from something I could pick up for £10 to £20 in a supermarket?"

I'm all into fashion and making a statement with a watch but IMHO these will date pretty quickly. Maybe that's the way with fashion. However, if I'm investing a chunk of hard earned money then, again only IMHO, I'd want something a bit more timeless*. On the plus size, nice large dials rather than dainty affairs. Maybe as The Laird suggests maybe make a nice gift (burthdays, Xmas and Valentine's day spring to mind) but then maybe only worn on those 'special' occasions.

I'll run these by the finacée to get a female perspective. Will report back. Would like to hear other reactions to this from the fairer sex (if they can drag themselves away from the washing, cleaning and ironing :wink: :-").

ttfn, Alex

* time being relative of course and fashion being cyclic.
Agree to everything in the 1st 2 paragraphs, except the last sentence about them being nice gifts.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

JAG wrote: When are real watches going to be made for women, I.E auto models with a real use not just a fashion accessory which has no use apart from being there as part of the outfit. smaller Sized Tridents maybe with NOT such a feminine touch :shock: Come on CWL i hope for the wife's sake the next 43 are going to be better than the first 2 offerings. As i can see this will be a smaller sell as previous post has said also available at argos and on amazon at a fraction of the price i bet :shock: :shock:
I think 45 models includes all the variations on a theme, so Emily already takes up about 8 or 9 of the 45, with 3 variations on the case and all the strap/bracelet options.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
castle
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by castle »

Can't see anything attractive in this design- although TBH half of what women consider "fashionable" looks equally daft. Certainly I can't see any circumstances where I will be buying one as a gift.
CW-C8 MKI
Steinhart Nav B-Chrono II
Citizen -"Orca" and 1976 chrono.
Seiko-"Spork", "Stargate II", "Blumo", 009 mod.
Zeno 300m army diver
Revue Thommen Airspeed chrono
Junkers Bauhaus.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I'm about as far away from the target market for these watches as it is possible to get, and therefore, I suspect my opinion is worthless...

Having said that, I strongly dislike them.

In my opinion, they confuse the core brand message of CWL..."premium quality watches within the reach of everyone".

This is a fashion watch, which is fine, but fashion has to be either:

a) low-cost and disposable or
b) high-cost and an aspirational brand - where common sense and value for money are not in the buying equation.

These watches appear to me to fall precisely in between these two stools, and therefore, could well end up in a failure.

It will be interesting to see - but I can tell you that (even in the probable clearance sale) they are highly unlikely to come through my letter box.

Edit...

I was just looking at the CW site. It says..

"From the quiet sophistication of our dress watches to the subtle confidence of our sports collections there is a timeless, understated quality reflected in a Christopher Ward watch which owes much to its English roots."

This is what I buy into. This is what I want CW to be. The Love Heart (don't get me started on the name!) does not deliver. Are the brand values supposed to be different for the women's collection?
Richard
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

JAG wrote:When are real watches going to be made for women, I.E auto models with a real use not just a fashion accessory which has no use apart from being there as part of the outfit. smaller Sized Tridents maybe with NOT such a feminine touch :shock:
Yeah, I'm going with the flow here. I know what my fave godchild will NOT be getting for her 21st! :( She got a Divine Carre for her 18th, but I think the Emily is too similar. So we await the rest with bated breath.

BTW, the pre-teen girlies I teach, if that's anything to go by, are into chunky ICE etc., (i.e. Wannabe divers!) :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
cholmes
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by cholmes »

I love pink; its my favorite color to wear. I would not (ever ever) wear this watch. I am not the target audience for this watch, though, and I am guessing that the rest of the forum members aren't either.

But being honest, I do have friends that would buy this watch. This watch is probably not a bad business move for CW, just not the move I wanted.
image_doctor
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by image_doctor »

The immediate response from my better half was - YUK, TACKY!

So perhaps we need some insight on what demographic these timepieces are aimed at ...?
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Jammy Devil »

Oh dear, "The Love Heart" is not good. I go with Mr. Downer on this one - it's not the sort of watch I would expect to see coming from CWL, so where is the brand going ?

Does it come gift wrapped ?? Inside a Christmas Cracker :lol:
Tomsolo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Tomsolo »

I gotta say i agree with most others coments above...

I've been waiting for the new collection as for months now i've been boring the better half about my shiny new CW watches, and was looking forward to getting her a nice prezzie... it seems now the wait goes on.

On a plus side i like the basic style and the colours not too bad... but for the love of god...HEARTS.. what next................. a CW "Miss Kitty" watch. :lol: