C60 Trident update

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Re: C60 Trident update

Post by paw3001 »

So who wants to pay £440 for a watch with all those mismatched colours going on, it's like a blooming Sector! A square date window which jars with the round indices which has a white date window matched to a black dial and the orange indices! Plus it looks like it uses on the already noted poor silicone strap with no divers extension clasp!

This watch had HUGE potential and is now an epic FAIL. This is certainly a case of CW snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Of course this is just my opinion and I am sure there are a few people out there who will like it. Personally I would go for the dull me too auto version any day over this mess! So after waiting ages for this watch it's a no from me and I'm out!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

Drakdalik wrote:
Garfield wrote:larger pic of the C60:
:gott: :cooler:

i'M IN LOVE

Chris put a lot of effort on the new models so I think the least we can do is give him a reverence.
:applaus:
That one works the GMT doesn't!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

paw3001 wrote:... it's like a blooming Sector! A square date window which jars with the round indices which has a white date window matched to a black dial and the orange indices! Plus it looks like it uses on the already noted poor silicone strap with no divers extension clasp!
I think that 'Sector' is a comparison too far.
I quite like this one on the leather strap with orange stitching... but I still want to see proper pictures.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Matt.D

Post by Matt.D »

Got to agree with the comment about the square date window mixed in with circular hour markers. I hope this isn't the final version, please Chris, either put the date back at "3" (or put it at "6" ala Oris) and restore the circular hour marker or move the date between two circular markers and use a black background date wheel.

The C60 would really benefit from the same imo, or better yet a none-date version. Clean and classic.

Out of interest, have the hands been enlarged since the original designs?
castle
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by castle »

Have to say I quite like the plain auto diver, although it isn't particularly distinctive.
I am slightly reluctant to order as firstly I didn't really like the rubber strap when I had a C6, and secondly I don't want to get a plain black version and then a few months down the line a more interesting funky coloured version more akin to the original mock-ups comes out.
CW-C8 MKI
Steinhart Nav B-Chrono II
Citizen -"Orca" and 1976 chrono.
Seiko-"Spork", "Stargate II", "Blumo", 009 mod.
Zeno 300m army diver
Revue Thommen Airspeed chrono
Junkers Bauhaus.
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
Will Bogor
Senior
Senior

Post by Will Bogor »

The Laird wrote:
castle wrote:Have to say I quite like the plain auto diver, although it isn't particularly distinctive.
I am slightly reluctant to order as firstly I didn't really like the rubber strap when I had a C6, and secondly I don't want to get a plain black version and then a few months down the line a more interesting funky coloured version more akin to the original mock-ups comes out.
:D
Hi Everyone,
I have to say that I agree with this!
Till next time...
The Laird :D
+1
Will
Bogor, West Java
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

The description for the GMT is a bit misleading, saying the Rolex GMT only does 2 time zones, where the Trident does 3. Sure, the original Rolex GMT did 2 timezones, but since the GMT II came out in the early 1980's, that has also had the ability to tell time in 3 zones.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

bradders
CW-watches: 2

Post by bradders »

my worst fears realised, not a patch on the original designs, like a few others i will wait to see if anything with a bit more charachter is released in due course!
highway61

Post by highway61 »

Loddonite wrote:
paw3001 wrote:... it's like a blooming Sector! A square date window which jars with the round indices which has a white date window matched to a black dial and the orange indices! Plus it looks like it uses on the already noted poor silicone strap with no divers extension clasp!
I think that 'Sector' is a comparison too far.
I quite like this one on the leather strap with orange stitching... but I still want to see proper pictures.[/quote

The sector has a circular date window with circled numerals.
Paw if you really want to keep comparing CW's with watches most of us can't afford or consider WAY overpriced at least get your facts straight...I'm aware you are not explicitly doing so but I'm pretty sure it is implicit in your dismissive remarks...go snog your Bremont! :lol:
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

I have been expecting a comment as ridiculously immature and personal from you and you haven't disappointed me, yet again!

A few points for you

1) I'm not comparing this watch to my Bremont and never have. Only you have done that and even then without a full understanding of the differences between these two Brands. Comparing these watches would be like comparing a Championship football team (note not premiership!) with a non league team. For some reason you have an issue with me owning both a Bremont and CW and then daring to state a preference for the "dial" design of the more expensive watch versus a new CW release.

2) The Sector comment was around the number of colours involved on the watch. It's a Harlequin of a watch with no historical reason to be so.

My watch collection is made up of a wide range of watches costing from tens of pounds to thousands. Yes, I am fortunate to be able to own some of the brands I do but you have no idea what I actually pay for these brands. I have worked hard, negotiated hard, saved my money and bought both new and second hand watches. I enjoy every watch in my collection and wear them all via rotation. Some more than others granted and I may even flip some to help raise funds for a new love!

At the end of the day, I am sorry that you have no patience with waiting for deliveries of hand finished watches (Stowa specifically as I recall from WUS) and seem to have a very large chip on your shoulder regarding people who own watches out of your price bracket!

However, at the end of the day I still think that INDIVIDUALLY the CW Trident GMT is an overpriced poorly designed watch which is my own personal valid opinion. Maybe not yours but then, as you have shown, you can't allow people to have opinions that are different to yours as your inane comment of "go snog your Bremont" demonstrates.

Is this banter? No! Just comes across as Bitterness. Of course you will try and deny this and most likely try to belittle me and my watch choices further.
highway61

Post by highway61 »

dude you have no idea of my 'price range'.... :lol:
As for the WUS reference, all I did there was to defend a couple of guys who had the temerity to question some aspects of Stowa practices and found themselves beset by rabid fanboys as a result. Good to know you took note of my brief presence there though.....
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes

Post by Galton321 »

Come on PAW3001 and Highway61 shake hands! I know I will regret saying this but they are all only watches and in the big scheme of things not that important. :shock: Never seen a Stowa or a Bremont in the flesh but would love either of them! :)