C60 Trident update

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: C60 Trident update

Post by downer »

paw3001 wrote: My apologies for using superlative language because YOU don't think my disappointment with this watch warranted it. I had planned to purchase this watch when we first saw it in the design stage and I had "Apple-like" levels of excitement for its release only to be let down at the last minute and it seems I am not the only one either!

I take it that as it isn't high on your next watch list you just think the watch is OK and therefore not a must have!

I agree with you that the GMT C9 is a good looking watch especially the black dialled version and as a bonus it doesn't look like an IWC-a-like like the auto or chrono versions
"Superlative Language"... You've been reading too much Bremont/Omega marketing bullsh*t. :lol: :lol:

You are right, I'm not seeing the C60 GMT as a must-have right now. Must admit though, I do like the C9 Auto and the Chrono, even if they do have some IWC cues.
Richard
highway61

Post by highway61 »

good grief..'apple-like'?? Some people are way too affected by marketing verbosity :lol:
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes

Post by paw3001 »

downer wrote:
paw3001 wrote: My apologies for using superlative language because YOU don't think my disappointment with this watch warranted it. I had planned to purchase this watch when we first saw it in the design stage and I had "Apple-like" levels of excitement for its release only to be let down at the last minute and it seems I am not the only one either!

I take it that as it isn't high on your next watch list you just think the watch is OK and therefore not a must have!

I agree with you that the GMT C9 is a good looking watch especially the black dialled version and as a bonus it doesn't look like an IWC-a-like like the auto or chrono versions
"Superlative Language"... You've been reading too much Bremont/Omega marketing bullsh*t. :lol: :lol:

You are right, I'm not seeing the C60 GMT as a must-have right now. Must admit though, I do like the C9 Auto and the Chrono, even if they do have some IWC cues.
Rolex actually! Haven't you read the short story on their dials! Plus I have too many watch catalogues!:D
Watches - Too many but not enough!
downer

Post by downer »

Out of interest, I photoshopped the hands of the Trident to make them 'match' the watch...

Before...

After...

My conclusion: Original is best! :D
Richard
highway61

Post by highway61 »

that's the LE right there! :D
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

downer wrote:Out of interest, I photoshopped the hands of the Trident to make them 'match' the watch...

Before...

After...

My conclusion: Original is best! :D
I agree, that the original is better than that, but surely the objective is less orange on the dial markers?

The best was:

Possibly followed by the orange bezel version:

And I like the Trident hands, but this also looked good:

Do us a favour, downer - photoshop a version with lumed spots to match the hands, and leave the 12-3-6-9 markings orange as is.
Also, if you can be bothered, an orange bezel, to see what it looks like.
Thanks.
(Not that I am trying to view you as free labour, here, or anything! :lol: )
downer

Post by downer »

Mortis wrote: Do us a favour, downer - photoshop a version with lumed spots to match the hands, and leave the 12-3-6-9 markings orange as is.
The original picture is very low res (started as a screen grab from the online mag), so this is a bit rough and ready, but I guess you can get the idea..

Mortis wrote: Also, if you can be bothered, an orange bezel, to see what it looks like.
Actually, I can't. 8)
Mortis wrote: (Not that I am trying to view you as free labour, here, or anything! :lol: )
Story of my life... :)
Richard
rygel16th
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by rygel16th »

downer wrote:
Mortis wrote: Do us a favour, downer - photoshop a version with lumed spots to match the hands, and leave the 12-3-6-9 markings orange as is.
The original picture is very low res (started as a screen grab from the online mag), so this is a bit rough and ready, but I guess you can get the idea..

I like that. It seems to bring out the black much more. Seems altogether classier somehow. Thanks
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

Thanks downer, I think I prefer the version with less orange. maybe I just need to get a normal, non-GMT Trident.
bradders
CW-watches: 2

Post by bradders »

still not sure about the hands either, quite like the straighter steel version, maybe the solution here is flexibility to select from a range of dial & bezel combinations that way appeals to a broader range of people although I accept this wouldn't stretch to choosing different hands.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Definitely the best incarnation so far IMHO......now,personally i think that if you lost the date window altogether it would be better.
Also,i'm still not sure about the onion hand.....ok it seems to look better in this configuration,but i still think that something like stylised sword hands would be an improvement. And supercharged lume.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....