C70 update

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

C70 update

Post by Kip »

Here we have the updated C70DBR1

and the new C70 COSC

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Lipsy
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Re: C70 update

Post by Lipsy »

Today's episode of Christopher Ward Street is brought to you with the letters 'C' 'O' 'S' and 'C'… :lol:
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

Really not a fan of the mint-green. I really hope that's just a combination of the lighting and the image colour palette!
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

Hmmmm I'm confused here.

The C70 is supposed to be a limited edition of just 500 of each colour. If it is being updated halfway through its life cycle then that is not a ltd edition of 500. So can you explain exactly what the two watches you are showing here are and how they are different from the C70 on sale now?
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

Beastmaster wrote:Hmmmm I'm confused here.

The C70 is supposed to be a limited edition of just 500 of each colour. If it is being updated halfway through its life cycle then that is not a ltd edition of 500. So can you explain exactly what the two watches you are showing here are and how they are different from the C70 on sale now?
Can no-one enlighten me?
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

^^^^

I cannot enlighten you regarding the numbering... but... the DBR1 was the first proper racing Aston Martin after sportscar racing rules were amended in 1956 to allow cars that were not street legal. So the C70, being the racing CW watch, gets to be the watch chosen to wave that particular flag... and it seems the first COSC CW will have the same colouring.

This is a proper DBR1, at Goodwood by the looks of it...
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Beastmaster wrote:Hmmmm I'm confused here.

Sorry, But I missed the post.....

I have asked Chris for clarification regarding the serial numbers but I suspect that the COSC model will carry it's own numbers as the COSC is an improved movement carrying a different movement model number (ETA 251.232). As it is also a LE it should mean it will have numbers 001 -200. This would mean This would mean regular version (ETA 251.272) will complete its run.

The C70DBR1 is also a limited editon of 500 pieces and a different color scheme than the other models in the Grand Prix series. This will be an addition and or compliment to the line and will also carry its own serials of 001-500.

As I said...I am awaiting clarification, but I suspect that I am correct.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.