C9 Zagato

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes

Re: C9 Zagato

Post by paw3001 »

Apart from the scrap metal and RRP issues, the problem I have with this design is that the number flip at 20 and 40 really jars for me.

I think this is due to using double digit numbers and their size which means that even at a normal CW price it would be a no for me
Watches - Too many but not enough!
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

For me the case size is good at 43mm. I like the movement. I like the dial design. With regard to the logo - I tend not to have any strong feelings either way. When I last checked Zeno Watch Basel had about ten different logo's. The logo design did not tend to sway me to buy a particular watch.

I personally do not understand the 'art metal' element in this watch or in the previous Spitfire watch. Although it is worth bearing in mind that the Victoria Cross is made out of scrap metal from a captured cannon. So, I suppose it is personal perspective. At £4,000 you are in Cartier,Rolex,Omega and Breitling price point.
animal
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by animal »

beauty!
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

The (normally very middle of the road) chaps at Hodinkee aren't overly enamoured with it:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/chris ... -editorial

Hard to disagree with too much of it
hollidaysc
Junior
Junior

Post by hollidaysc »

surely anyone who can afford a Zagato (of any description, but especially an Aston one) will be looking for a watch much further up the premium price range rather than CW ?
Tissot Seastar 1000, MWC PVD11DVAU/SL/DEF, Seiko SKX007J1, Vostok Europe TU-144
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

I know i would be
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
topgunn
Junior
Junior

Post by topgunn »

I like the dial, its nice and clean, but I dislike the new logo a bit
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

i like the watch, maybe a bit big though, and the price too much, Omega and base Rolex money
blairgscott
Junior
Junior

Post by blairgscott »

I wonder how well these have sold. Seems like a very divisive design for such a high asking price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

blairgscott wrote:I wonder how well these have sold. Seems like a very divisive design for such a high asking price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These disappeared from sale long ago (as did this thread) so the answer would be very well.
Greg DeRuiter
Junior
Junior

Post by Greg DeRuiter »

That is a bit steep £500 more gets you a Chopard Mille Miglia Zagato
CW C8 Mk11 Vintage Pilots
CW C60 Trident in Red
Girard Perregaux GP 7000 GBM
Rolex Submariner 50th Anniversary
Rolex Yachtmaster
Longines Hydroconquest
Tag Heuer 1000m Super Professional
Tissot PRS 100
Ball 125th Engineer II Genesis
DISJT
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DISJT »

paw3001 wrote:Apart from the scrap metal and RRP issues, the problem I have with this design is that the number flip at 20 and 40 really jars for me.
I'm relieved that someone else has an issue with the number flip. I've seen numerous watches ruined by this 7 numbers read from inside the dial and 5 from outside. Either keep them all read from centre outward or if you really want them all facing upward, loose the numbers at 3 (15) and 9 (45) so they all read like text and your eye doesn't see the flip.

A particularly jarring example.....

NOW cover the 15 and 21 with your fingers and see how much better the dial looks.

I'm amazed designers haven't realised this yet.
CHRIS
ryamam
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by ryamam »

Motorsports or Aviation watches are 42mm minimum, my wrists only fit 40mm tops. and for 4k? in British Pounds? rather get Omega MOTM