C8 UTC Worldtimer

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
akafudge

Re: C8 UTC Worldtimer

Post by akafudge »

Love this watch but at 44mm, I will never buy one. I hear many saying it is the right size but many do not agree. Ch Ward need to make a 40mm version too. Same with the Trident, 43mm is too big and 38mm too small. Rolex and Omega seem to do all right at 40/41 so why not Ch Ward?
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Because they are disruptive. :silent: Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

akafudge wrote:Love this watch but at 44mm, I will never buy one. I hear many saying it is the right size but many do not agree. Ch Ward need to make a 40mm version too. Same with the Trident, 43mm is too big and 38mm too small. Rolex and Omega seem to do all right at 40/41 so why not Ch Ward?
CW seem to be doing okay with the Trident at 38 and 44mm...I wonder why Rolex and Omega don't.... :problem:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

Part of the answer may be that Rolex is subject to its history. However, they did convert to flat sapphire crystals making a lot of Rolex buyers mourn the good old days, so maybe not as subject as I may think.

Whatever. At 6'1," I did not used to meet anyone much taller than I. But now, every other young guy I meet towers over me, and not because I've shrunk all THAT much. With larger buyers there's a need for larger watch sizes. My own wrist makes a 40mm Rolex Sub look small, so I am personally grateful for the 43mm case sizes that don't make my wrist look oafish.
Gregory
akafudge

Post by akafudge »

If the intention is to cater for large kids/adults I suppose Ch Ward have it right. However, my 'large' 20 and 22 year old sons cannot get on with anything over 42mm. In fact, they much prefer the 40mm size, in general. When I visited the showroom to try on a Trident and found that one was too big and the other too small, the comment from the showroom staff was..."a lot of customers want a 40mm Trident but even our feedback does not get taken into account." I walked away without either.

I have two Ch Ward watches so I am not Ch Ward bashing. I love Ch Ward watches and will always support British watch companies but I want 40mm rather than 43/44mm watches.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Many companies make the watches that suit a range of sizes. Rolex have a 44mm case, Omega have a 45.5mm, IWC have 46mm, Ulysse Nardin have 44mm, Bremont have 45mm, etc etc.

All of these companies also have the smaller sizes so they cater for much of the population.

It is a pick and choose I am afraid. Besides, case size isn't everything. I think that the CW 43mm wears quite small. There are many different factors that govern how a watch wears.

If you are that set on a 40mm them maybe CW isn't for you.

Bremont have just launched a range of 40mm case sizes. They may be worth a look if you want an English 40mm case.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

The 43mm C60 looks fairly natural on my wrist. Needless to say, it seemed large to me when I first put it on, since I have been wearing a Rolex Sub for the past umpteen years. Looking at my wrist, it always looked fine, but when catching a glimpse of the Sub in a mirror, it was surprisingly small. This CW 43 looks perfect in a mirror.

Gregory