C8 MKII

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: C8 MKII

Post by village »

ctafield wrote:I'm wondering if we're gonna see a clear out of the original C8's (and perhaps the C6's & C7's too) tonight at about 4:30?

Does that mean you are waiting,card at the ready?
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Not in a position to at this time unfortunately! (besides, I already have 6, 7 and 8... 7 being on my wrist atm)
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Clearance is up on the main site now... Get em while they're hot.
eo01gc
CW-watches: 3

Post by eo01gc »

Has there been any mention of a release date for this watch? Sorry if I have missed it somewhere.
downer

Post by downer »

eo01gc wrote:Has there been any mention of a release date for this watch? Sorry if I have missed it somewhere.
I don't recall seeing any information on the release of this one (and I've been watching pretty closely :) ). The other releases for this year - C40, C60, C600, C70, C80 - are all in the new brochure, but the C8 Mark II is not mentioned. :(

Don't know if that means it will be later than the rest?
Richard
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

downer wrote:
eo01gc wrote:Has there been any mention of a release date for this watch? Sorry if I have missed it somewhere.
I don't recall seeing any information on the release of this one (and I've been watching pretty closely :) ). The other releases for this year - C40, C60, C600, C70, C80 - are all in the new brochure, but the C8 Mark II is not mentioned. :(

Don't know if that means it will be later than the rest?
Wonder if it'll come along with the other C70 watches?
wilko
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 6
LE-two: yes

Post by wilko »

thats not till next year is it? i simply can,t wait that long i want one NOW.NOW you hear :fluch:
Slo'boy
CW-watches: 0

Post by Slo'boy »

Hi,
my first post. I'm itching to buy a C8. I have just applied for a new job and decided that, if I get it, I treat myself to a C8. I really like the new C8 as it's more authentic (and like the IWC Big Pilot but at a fraction of the price!!) but would like to know if there has been any further news on a possible release date?
Cheers,
Slo'boy
Slo'boy

Omega Seamaster 300M - Tag Heuer Professional - Tissot Le Locle - Tissot PRC200 - Tauchmeister T0014N - Raymond Weil Tango - various Rotary watches
downer

Post by downer »

Slo'boy wrote:Hi,
my first post. I'm itching to buy a C8. I have just applied for a new job and decided that, if I get it, I treat myself to a C8. I really like the new C8 as it's more authentic (and like the IWC Big Pilot but at a fraction of the price!!) but would like to know if there has been any further news on a possible release date?
Cheers,
Slo'boy
Hi & welcome to the forum. Good luck with the new job - great excuse for a new watch... :D

We have not heard any news on the C8 Mk2 recently, and I'm sure it will be posted on here as soon as something concrete is known.

My own opinion is that the C8 Mk2 will not be released until the new year - simply because of the number of new models that have just come out.

The original C8 is a great watch. Have you seen the IPK LE for sale in the sales corner - a hell of a bargain IMO! :)
Richard
Slo'boy

Post by Slo'boy »

Thanks for the update, downer, and tip on the LE IPK, I'm after the C8SKT, which IMO is probable one of the most authentic looking. Anyway, job interviews should be next week so fingers crossed!! :?
Slo'boy

Omega Seamaster 300M - Tag Heuer Professional - Tissot Le Locle - Tissot PRC200 - Tauchmeister T0014N - Raymond Weil Tango - various Rotary watches
Soef

Post by Soef »

The clean dial is a great improvement.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Sorry to tell you guys...but it is looking like early spring for the C8MKII. Thats the latest news.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Slo'boy

Post by Slo'boy »

Kip wrote:Sorry to tell you guys...but it is looking like early spring for the C8MKII. Thats the latest news.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll settle for a Mk I for now and add next year :)

Thanks for the update, Kip!
Slo'boy

octopus
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by octopus »

Well I still want one, with a nice one- colour second hand, please! 8)
MrBen

Post by MrBen »

Really like this watch. Only thing I wonder about is if the black face would look better with a black background for the date. I don't know anything about Pilots watches though (other than I want one :) ) so that may be tradition.