C8 MKII

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Re: C8 MKII

Post by Rick »

I don't like it.
I prefer the original crown.
I thought it was supposed to be an Aviators watch.
I also prefered the original straps with the studs. Not for me i'm afraid :(
C5AKS - C7 Rapide - C4IPK - C6T3 - C6 Forum LE - W6 Splash - C8SWT - C70 DBR1
Breitling Hercules - Omega SMP - Boschett Cave Dweller - Seiko Monster - Porsche Design P'6310
Tissot Sea Touch - Oris Pro Diver - Dreyfuss 1925 - Tissot V8 - Deep Blue Pro Sun
Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Robin CB »

TXAG96 wrote:....... As a resident of the highly humid city of Houston, the bracelet is a must. I'm just planning on replacing my C8 leather strap annually...if it even makes it that long. Trust me. Here we don't perspire...we sweat!
You might want to try a NATO or a Rhino / Zulu. I wear them with all but the most dressy watches - the NATO looks good with an Aviator 8)
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by RichM »

Hi All

this is my first entry! I love my C8 that I had for Chhristmas. The only trouble is that everyone keeps asking me where I got it and I'm happy to say but I quite like the well-kept secret of CW that keeps it exclusive!

This revised design looks great and very much like an IWC Pilots watch.

Rich.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Welcome to "The Asylum" Rich.

The problem is the secret of CWL keeps leaking out more every day. You just have to live with it.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

Any news on the release date for this watch????
deOwar

Post by deOwar »

Dear All,

While the MK II is obviously more clear, as it is closer to the original Beobachtungsuhr in WWII, it is also less original. This version just looks like many other watches (Steinhart, Stowa, Laco, Archimede just to mention a few) while the MK I looks like CW, with an obvious hint to the origin of these watches. So my vote goes to MK I!

Csaba
Woz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Woz »

I preferred the mk. II prototype, especially the blued hands, studs and case.

It looks a bit too much like the C5 Aviator which I already have, so I am not sure I would get this (C8 Mk. II had been on my must have list for a few months).

I think it would look better without any date wheel.
Woz

C15 Henley Auto, C5 Aviator and C7 Rapide
Stowa Flieger
Vostok Amphibia
Raketa 24hr
Seiko Orange Monster
Yobokies Monster Mod
Tianjin Seagull M163-21S
Suunto Core
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes

Post by androo »

Have to say I agree with Woz. liked the first version of the MK II (better if it had a UNITAS in it). This looks like a C5 MK II. Not for me. :(
Woz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Woz »

The more I think about it, the more I am veering towards an Archimede or Steinhart.
Woz

C15 Henley Auto, C5 Aviator and C7 Rapide
Stowa Flieger
Vostok Amphibia
Raketa 24hr
Seiko Orange Monster
Yobokies Monster Mod
Tianjin Seagull M163-21S
Suunto Core
deOwar

Post by deOwar »

After searching for the best Flieger I just came back to CWL and I must say that the first drawing of MKII with black dial would be PERFECT (Even if, this is contrary with my previous post.) WIth its reasonably large size, dial layout and the wider blued hands, this simply outpaces every rival at the moment, but the IWC Grosse Flieger, that comes however from a very different league! I would instantly pre-order it, if it was available!
bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 »

After seeing the latest pictures of the MKII, I must say that I prefer the blued hands.
Will Bogor
Senior
Senior

Post by Will Bogor »

The Mark II pictures appear to be the C5 mark II........... launched today
Attachments
C5AKT-MK2.jpg
Will
Bogor, West Java
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Galton321 »

Will Bogor wrote:The Mark II pictures appear to be the C5 mark II........... launched today
The picture in the post is the new C5 isn't it? The C8 MKII has the eyes for the duck beak, studded strap and original crown. The new C5 MKII seems to be the original minus the the inner scale. Is there a third aviator/pilot?? There seem to be three threads running, New Aviator, New Pilot too! and C8MKII but two are the same watch aren't they? Getting confused but I easily confuse! :lol:
downer

Post by downer »

Galton321 wrote:
Will Bogor wrote:The Mark II pictures appear to be the C5 mark II........... launched today
The picture in the post is the new C5 isn't it? The C8 MKII has the eyes for the duck beak, studded strap and original crown. The new C5 MKII seems to be the original minus the the inner scale. Is there a third aviator/pilot?? There seem to be three threads running, New Aviator, New Pilot too! and C8MKII but two are the same watch aren't they? Getting confused but I easily confuse! :lol:
I agree, the picture above is the C5 aviator MkII. The two threads, "New Aviator" (C5 A MkII) and "New Pilot" (C8 MkII) are correct.
Richard
Will Bogor
Senior
Senior

Post by Will Bogor »

This thread had a second set of pictures posted at the top of the page 4. I think these pictures are of the C5 II or of a near final draft. There is a certain irony to the comments thereafter - looks just like the C5 etc

The C8 II looks very similar to the original pix on page 1.
Will
Bogor, West Java