C20 Lido Black

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
neiltallen
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Re: C20 Lido Black

Post by neiltallen »

Have to agree with Robin CB - White on black background would be much better.

Does anyone know what the estimated price point will be, and if the case back will be see through to see the movement?

Of the new releases, this one would tempt me the most.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

neiltallen wrote:Have to agree with Robin CB - White on black background would be much better.

Does anyone know what the estimated price point will be, and if the case back will be see through to see the movement?

Of the new releases, this one would tempt me the most.
Can't see why it will not cost the same as the existing (white) C20. The same goes for the caseback. The existing watch has a viewing window, so I expect this version would.. :)
Richard
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by theaub »

Not for me; much prefer white dial on the C20.
Dr Feelgood
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Dr Feelgood »

Kip wrote:C20 Lido Black

Quoted the OP to get it on page two.

Who do I make the cheque out to and can I have #0001 please. 8)
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Dr Feelgood wrote:
Kip wrote:C20 Lido Black

Quoted the OP to get it on page two.

Who do I make the cheque out to and can I have #0001 please. 8)
Sadly serial number 1 Always stays at CWL.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

Not a lot going for it in my view. Might look better with a steel bracelet in view of the case design. Pity no-one bothered to synchronise second and minute hands for an official shot!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by akirk »

robinbarke wrote:Not a lot going for it in my view. Might look better with a steel bracelet in view of the case design. Pity no-one bothered to synchronise second and minute hands for an official shot!

Robin
I think you need the second hand like that to be able to visually see it / not have it obstructed by one of the markers... As it is an automatic with a sweeping hand surely that is a valid position for the second hand?

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
highway62

Post by highway62 »

robinbarke wrote:Not a lot going for it in my view. Might look better with a steel bracelet in view of the case design. Pity no-one bothered to synchronise second and minute hands for an official shot!

Robin
As if anyone but "Captain Negativity" gives a toss.....
downer

Post by downer »

akirk wrote:

Robin
I think you need the second hand like that to be able to visually see it / not have it obstructed by one of the markers... As it is an automatic with a sweeping hand surely that is a valid position for the second hand?

Alasdair
The point is... Since the seconds hand is at roughly 33 seconds, the minute hand should be roughly half way between minute markers...
Richard
downer

Post by downer »

highway62 wrote:

Robin
Can't see any need for the personal insults...
Richard
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by akirk »

downer wrote:
akirk wrote:

Robin

Alasdair
The point is... Since the seconds hand is at roughly 33 seconds, the minute hand should be roughly half way between minute markers...
Fair point :)
I suspect that most folks wont be eagle-eyed enough to notice... But yes that would be nice :)

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

highway62 wrote:

Robin
Some of us regard a watch as a precision instrument and therefore certain aspects of its appearance and performance are important. Not sure what your criteria are Highway.

(Thanks Richard)

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
chrisjohnson
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 40
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by chrisjohnson »

Not even sure that this is a photo so it may be that the "artist/designer" has never been told about alignment of the hands.
Education issue?
Kip over to you.
Chris

"A thing of beauty is joy forever."
John Keats
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I am pretty sure that this is nothing more than a drawing that was meant for internal use. I think it was probably done quickly without regard for exact placement of the hands.

I see no reason for concerns as I am quite sure that Fraser is aware of proper hand placement for finished work. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
signalfillsthevoid
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by signalfillsthevoid »

downer wrote:The point is... Since the seconds hand is at roughly 33 seconds, the minute hand should be roughly half way between minute markers...
Since the seconds and minute hand are not hard-linked, this would still be a possible position, right? Usually I try to be as accurate as possible when setting a watch, but when I'm in a hurry I might not pay too much attention to the exact position of the minute and seconds hand and end up with something like seen in the picture.
Now, if you were talking about the minute and hour hand, you might have a point...