C900 World Timer

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
chrisjohnson
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 40
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: C900 World Timer

Post by chrisjohnson »

I waited to see if my initial thoughts would change. Someone else used the word "novelty" and that pretty much sums up my reaction. Not for me.
Chris

"A thing of beauty is joy forever."
John Keats
Lego
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lego »

How far down the road is CW with this and the Typhoon? Is there a debate to be had or is it a done deal?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Lego wrote:How far down the road is CW with this and the Typhoon? Is there a debate to be had or is it a done deal?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
I know last year after the uproar at the jump hour gold version on here that it was scrapped after CW obviously had invested a lot into it. So I would suggest they are tooled up and ready to go with these fairly soon i.e. all within the year.
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

These are the Autumn releases which is big launch for new models. These have been designed and are well down the path to being tooled up in Switzerland ready for release. Only a production problem would involve a design change now.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Very interesting but a little cluttered, won't stop me lusting after an Explorer II.
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I suspect that, rather like the Monopusher, I will admire the engineering from afar, but not buy this due to its size. I really look forward to seeing some proper photos and videos of it though.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
kirbystrunk

Post by kirbystrunk »

I agree that the face is a little busy. I love the use of the red dot on the city. I think that they could just have the globe and land mases raised and a little different finsh to add contrast and keep the dial all one color. This allows for more than one color dial.
kevin_b1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by kevin_b1 »

Looks very nice, one to see in the flesh as I don't think you could tell from a photo if this watch is for you or not.

Don't think it would be a daily wearer may be a special occasion or as a talking piece, but could see it being something you keep and hand down to your children.

regards
Kevin
IWC Mark XVII
Rolex Oyster Datejust Perpetual (1971)
Rolex Precision 9ct gold (1962)
Rotary Les Originales
Rotary Tank
C9 5 day Chromometer
C1 Russell
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

welshlad wrote:I suspect that, rather like the Monopusher, I will admire the engineering from afar, but not buy this due to its size. I really look forward to seeing some proper photos and videos of it though.
Interestingly - as I am wearing the C900 - to start with it seems tall and lumpy (sorry, but it does!) but as you wear it, somehow it seems to shrink! so I am becoming more open to taller watches...

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
Macca

Post by Macca »

Loddonite wrote:I like this (and I don't like many worldtimers)... but how thick is it going to be?
Approximately 8 inches like its stablemates in production..ok so I am exaggerating a little but it is going to be a whopper like the c900..and not the type you can buy in Burger King

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lewis »

I think it would be better for me with a black strap and reading the main time could be a little frustrating with such a dominate 24 hour ring.
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
bashomatsuo
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by bashomatsuo »

I like it and would actually use it as I travel a lot. But, the pice is way outside my spend limits with the wife, if only he did instalments :)
Originally joined as basho on Fri Dec 15, 2006!
Watches: G-Shock GWG Mudmaster, Citizen ProDiver, Omega Moonwatch
Reviews: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch - Christopher Ward Trident Pro 600 - Watches, Homages and Branding
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

bashomatsuo wrote:I like it and would actually use it as I travel a lot. But, the pice is way outside my spend limits with the wife, if only he did instalments :)
Put £100 a month in to an envelope and send it to Wera, eventually she will send you a C900 WT :thumbup:

For those brave enough have a look at Bashomatsuo watch reviews. Have a look at the C6 FLE Kingfisher video :shock: :shock:
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

The C900 WT will be without doubt visually the busiest watch that I will own and will have a distinctive place amongst my collection. I like the thought of that. Happy days.
Monaco73
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Monaco73 »

The C900 WT is gorgeous. It's the first watch I've seen for a while (aside from the dream Pateks and George Daniels I'll still be salivating over in 40yrs time) that has made me keep staring at the pictures.

At this moment I'm looking at my C900 mono pusher and thinking it needs a companion. Only a significant lack of funds prevents me pre-ordering one.
I think the £100 per month under the mattress might be my only chance at this rate.

Barry