Pictures of the prototype Malvern Chronograph

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Pictures of the prototype Malvern Chronograph

Post by Hans »

I happened to get I hold of some first pics of the prototype chronograph! :P

My source tells me that the chronograph will be based on the Ronda 5040D movement and will be 40mm large (perfect size for me!). The CW-people are considering Ionic plating - Gunmetal Black for the finish of the watch.

The shown pictures are only quick snapshots, but you guys will get a pretty good idea of what the future chronograph will look like.

I was also told that CW is still thinking about a good name for the new series. for example the "viper" series.... In this new model-line CW will line-up a all black version, some sort of sub-collection of the main collection. And the fun-part is: if a forum-member suggests the name of the series that CW will use, that forum-member will get the watch for free! So let's hear your suggestions...

Enough talk, here are the pictures:

Man, I really like the shiny black finish on this watch! What do you guys think??
Warhol
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by Warhol »

It is certainly a very nice watch, but what a pity that it has a quartz movement!
I'll have to think about a name, but I'm sure I can come up with something.
What is your suggestion Highstreet?
Hans

Post by Hans »

I'm still thinking about it Warhol...
Hans

Post by Hans »

Concerning the quartz/mechanical discussion: I too prefer mechanical by far. A Valjoux 7750 movement whould have been great, but that will have great impact on the price...
schulten

Post by schulten »

i think it should be mechanical ofcourse, because that is what is cw so special, a price like this, but saphire and mechanical, and a lot better design than de russians :D

So when the final will be an mechanical, and maybe an leather alternative for the strap, I will serieus consider buying it, but when it stays an quartz I'm almost sure i won't (havent got mutch money left, caused by my newest watch :x)
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Are all watches in this serie going to be black?
MYND
Junior
Junior

Post by MYND »

Hi you guys,

I am new on this forum. I live in Holland just like Hans or better known as Highstreet. Thanx to him i saw the CW malvern automatic and fell in love with the watch. I also am a proud owner of this mechanical watch.

I really like the CW malvern automatic(good quality for the price) and when i heard there were new models coming up i really got excited. With new models i understood new mechanical ones!! like a ''peregrine aviator''

Not the same quartz movement watch that was allready for sale with a black coating. I am really disappointed if this is all CW has got to offer in the future.

So Highstreet and others, help me out here...is CW going to release new mechanical watches(aviator??) or is this quartz one all we have been waiting for.

I have to know, because then i can deside to wait or not, or to buy another watch.

regards,

M.Yesildag
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

I think this isn't the only new CW.. I'm assuming the mechanical aviator watch will come later.
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior

Post by KevRC4130 »

I agree, I hope the production watch is mechanical. If it's just a quartz watch, what separates this from any other Citizen, Seiko, Pulsar, Bulova, Accutron, etc, or any other lower end watch sold at department stores? The reason why the Malvern has the fan club that it does is that it is just so much different than pretty much anything else in its price point. This quartz chrono isn't setting itself apart in the slightest. Bring on the automatics! A manual wind, as stated, would be nice as well.
Kostya

Post by Kostya »

KevRC4130 wrote:The reason why the Malvern has the fan club that it does is that it is just so much different than pretty much anything else in its price point. This quartz chrono isn't setting itself apart in the slightest.
That's what I think too. I'd be interested in automatic or hand-wind chrono.
Kostya

Post by Kostya »

Hans wrote:A Valjoux 7750 movement whould have been great, but that will have great impact on the price...
I wonder, how expensive is Valjoux 7750 movement?
Hans

Post by Hans »

Around $300... Without decorations...
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by El Tiempo »

Hans wrote:Around $300... Without decorations...
That wholesale? In bulk?
Hans

Post by Hans »

No for 1 movement at http://www.tztoolshop.com, in bulk it will be less I guess..
Kostya

Post by Kostya »

Hans wrote:Around $300... Without decorations...
Ouch! :shock: