New watches

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Jackalcy
Junior
Junior

Re: New watches

Post by Jackalcy »

Anyone have any ideas what the World-timer will look like, more or less?
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Jackalcy wrote:Anyone have any ideas what the World-timer will look like, more or less?
If anyone knew it would have posted by now.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Jackalcy
Junior
Junior

Post by Jackalcy »

ianblyth wrote:
Jackalcy wrote:Anyone have any ideas what the World-timer will look like, more or less?
If anyone knew it would have posted by now.
Short and "sweet" answer...I thought there were some "insiders" to CW here. Only reason I was asking is because I am torn between the current JH MK2 and the world-timer. I don't think I can afford to wait to see what the world-timer looks like because by then the JH2 would have sold out...
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The rumored world timer is under "super secret" wraps for now. If we get news, I would not expect to hear anything until Autumn at the earliest.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Jackalcy
Junior
Junior

Post by Jackalcy »

Thanks Kip - well if they were any news I guess we'd all hear it first on the forums..or "the asylum" ;)

Slightly off topic can't wait to read a C9 JH MK2 review...
noodle_oh
CW-watches: 1

Post by noodle_oh »

Really like the C7 Italian Racing Red, even on the brown strap. Would prefer on a black with red stitch
jsh1120
Junior
Junior

Post by jsh1120 »

Watchyman wrote:I'd like to see more C20's with the new logo and different dial colours.

W
Hear, hear. I agonized over the purchase of C20 until the current stock was exhausted. I elected to go with a C7 instead for my first CW timepiece. Had a black or carbon dial been available for the Lido I would have gone in that direction.
binnserelli
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by binnserelli »

Kip wrote:The rumored world timer is under "super secret" wraps for now. If we get news, I would not expect to hear anything until Autumn at the earliest.
Kip - Understood, but can you put my mind at ease. Is this likely to arrive more at a C900 price point than a JH MkII?
Cheers,
Andrew

C60 Trident Pro Black (C60-TRI-SKS) #1011
C9 Harrison Automatic (C9-AUTO-SST) #0436
C9 FLE 2011 #18
C10 FLE 2013 #18
C20
C5 Malvern Slimline Square
Margrette Regattare Tiki
Stowa Antea 390 (ETA 2824-2)
Uhren von UHR 261
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

binnserelli wrote:
Kip wrote:The rumored world timer is under "super secret" wraps for now. If we get news, I would not expect to hear anything until Autumn at the earliest.
Kip - Understood, but can you put my mind at ease. Is this likely to arrive more at a C900 price point than a JH MkII?
Sorry Andrew. I have no clues regarding this model, other than, according to Chris it might be something that has never been done before. :?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
binnserelli
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by binnserelli »

Kip wrote:
binnserelli wrote:
Sorry Andrew. I have no clues regarding this model, other than, according to Chris it might be something that has never been done before. :?
Thanks Kip. I'll desperately, wildly hang on to the fact that it might not be totally and utterly out of my reach then! :think:
Cheers,
Andrew

C60 Trident Pro Black (C60-TRI-SKS) #1011
C9 Harrison Automatic (C9-AUTO-SST) #0436
C9 FLE 2011 #18
C10 FLE 2013 #18
C20
C5 Malvern Slimline Square
Margrette Regattare Tiki
Stowa Antea 390 (ETA 2824-2)
Uhren von UHR 261
Nite_narc
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Nite_narc »

I'm very new to the brand but I cannot help but feel guilty at cheating Christopher Ward out of several hundred pounds for their creation. I've lusted after Omega's my entire life but the price tag was galling. I also didn't want the same watch as everyone else (yes, it would have been a Seamaster).

Maybe one day the price of these watches will go up on average so I feel lucky to have purchased an automatic Swiss made watch for under £350.
nite_narc

Proud owner of a C60 Trident & C70 BRVGT.
Hate the new logo
tmarshl
CW-watches: 1

Post by tmarshl »

A stunning collection. So many watch designers tend to making their offerings more and more complex - terribly busy to the point where reading the time is a matter of deciphering a complex presentation. CWL has stuck to purity of design, even while updating its lines. Kudos!