C11 Makaira Elite Titanium

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
Saffy
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: C11 Makaira Elite Titanium

Post by Saffy »

MInes part of 2nd batch but had notification of dispatch.... So tomorrow maybe!
Halt
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Post by Halt »

Thx for sharing the photo! It does look like a bigger watch than I hoped it to be. Any chance you can share a picture showing the thickness (height) of the watch while you wear it? Mine will be in transit for another couple of days.
Saffy
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Saffy »

Couple of iphone pix.

MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

The Maratac has transformed a great watch into a stunner ! :)
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by DSHall »

Saffy wrote:Couple of iphone pix.

Hmm time to change my strap! Looks great.
Halt
Senior
Senior

Post by Halt »

Nice, keep the pics coming, mine will be in transit a bit more so in the mean time I'll enjoy yours :-)

Any specific reason to replace the strap? Something wrong with the original or do you just like the replacement better?
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by DSHall »

Existing strap is very comfortable, but that maratac looks great and I have a yellow stitched one going spare.
matt55
Expert
Expert

Post by matt55 »

Watch sure is a stunner! but not with that strap its a bit to much for me . :thumbdown:
Halt
Senior
Senior

Post by Halt »

Received mine today. What a nice watch :clap: :D . I really like the colour of the titanium case and the really yellow hands and numbers on the dial. I was hoping it would be like this but almost all the online material showed it a little between yellow and orange. Well there is nothing orange about it. Now I have a watch to match my car :D

One thing I needed to get used to a little was that there is practically no relief on the dial and also the hands are very flat. I expected the paint of the numbers to be thicker. I'm used to it now and I like it.

I've seen the notice about the changed helium valve, it's now fully automatic. Can somebody confirm it can be turned but not unscrewed and that if you pull it a spring will pull it back in. This is the expected behaviour and I basically should never touch it again?
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

Yeah your right re the release valve.
Mine has gone back today. Bezel off centre, cosc? Running several mins fast per day and finally, the 'screws' in the buckle have been machined off centre.

Id sack the QC !
Halt
Senior
Senior

Post by Halt »

mabotham wrote:Yeah your right re the release valve.
Mine has gone back today. Bezel off centre, cosc? Running several mins fast per day and finally, the 'screws' in the buckle have been machined off centre.

Id sack the QC !
That is a real bummer after months of anticipation, I feel your pain. :thumbdown:
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

I'm trying not to be a mard arse! Hopefully all will end well.
matt55
Expert
Expert

Post by matt55 »

Sorry to hear all that, its too many faults on one watch.
I've pre ordered one and and this will be my first CW ,but I'm thinking of cancelling it before it comes.
It would appear that there has been a large proportion of faults so far, its not very reassuring for a first time buyer,and i hope they replace it for you. :thumbdown:
I don't think that three repair items on a new watch is be acceptable.
Halt
Senior
Senior

Post by Halt »

Oh ooh, my C11 stopped running after 10hours. It stopped with the second hand exactly over the hour hand. Light tapping on the watch made it go again but I'm afraid that maybe the hands touch each other. :cry:

I did wind the watch enough and I was wearing it so it wasn't out of power.
Saffy
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Saffy »

No issues here other than not liking the supplied strap which has similar characteristics as that belonging to the strap of a casio F91. Why the taper? Maratac yellow stitch strap change was a predictable one, others other will copy suite. I can keep that strap on the wrist 24/7 without bother. I have nick-named the watch with that strap 'The Wasp' .
I would like to see the photo's from guys who have ordered titty-bracelets for theirs.
The watch itself has gotten noticed big time by others at work and play, and all have liked a as nice piece of kit - my other CW's did not get noticed at all really. I quite like the watch - which is lucky. I really the chunky rear case design, when I take the watch off I have a fish embossed into my wrist. Lume is good. The crystal is good, toooooooo good - makes other watches look bad.
My first CWL watch with the new logo - hasn't bothered me in slightest - it's smart enough.