Chat with Chris photos June 22, 2012

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
robert_ford
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Re: Chat with Chris photos June 22, 2012

Post by robert_ford »

I stand corrected and respectfully withdraw my last comment. This has gone a long way to help re establish my faith. Thanks you Kip for pointing it out. Kind Regards Rob
CW Jumping hour
CW C9 Harrison auto
CW C5
CW Victoria deco
CW Ladies lido
Jeager le-coultre master control
Steinhart Ocean 1
MatthewThomas21
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by MatthewThomas21 »

robert_ford wrote:I stand corrected and respectfully withdraw my last comment. This has gone a long way to help re establish my faith. Thanks you Kip for pointing it out. Kind Regards Rob
Ditto - just read the other thread :)
I was standing on the edge of the world...and I can't see it.

c9 JH MK1
C70MC
C5 Malvern595
C9 Pulsometer
C1 MoonGlow
td_100
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by td_100 »

fbd223 wrote:Make the new C7 in green with an automatic movement and I'll open my wallet

I agree this watch would be nicer with a nice ETA Auto movement on show at the rear. :thumbup:
Terry

Current Collection

CW C700 Grande Rapide
Omega Seamaster Auto
Cartier Santos[/color]
SimonW
CW-watches: 6

Post by SimonW »

The new buckle design looks excellent and if it has the appropriate weight and finish quality it will make the watch look and feel extremely special.

C7 MKII

I really like the new face design and the new Chr.Ward logo looks perfect. I was really not sure I liked the new logo until I saw it on the latest C8 and now seeing it on the C7mkII I'm a complete convert. Total understand why the rebranding was started now. Very modern looking with mystic. I will be purchasing at least 2 versions with Black with numbers being first on the list.

C9 Chrono Dial. Just must have one.
C9JH just not my taste

C11 Makarira

Truely a fantastic looking watch and have decided to purchase at least 2 version, starting with Orange and then going for Blue version.

C900 Nice looking watch but not sure yet whether its really my type of watch and when I would wear it.

W60 Really modern and up todate looking I can see me purchasing a black and white versions.

Christopher Wards new designs really appeal and evolve the brand to the next level. I look forward to wearing some of these new designs.
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by andyg »

Haven't visited this thread since it was posted...

Just been reading through the many (and many and many) posts and saw the price £2,500 for the c900! :shock:

I may be wrong, but isn't that a lot much for a CW? (no offense to the Big Man)

CW as a brand hardly carries the same weight as the Big Boys (Roly, Bondmega, Blingling etc), yet you can pick up one of those for this price.

I know the movement is special and complex, but does that justify smashing the previous highest price by nearly 1500 notes? (C9JH)?

I have reserved one pending price and I'm now considering removing the order or selling a kidney.... which to be?

or am i a miser and a tight arse? :?

Any thoughts?
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"
robert_ford
Junior
Junior

Post by robert_ford »

andyg wrote:Haven't visited this thread since it was posted...

Just been reading through the many (and many and many) posts and saw the price £2,500 for the c900! :shock:

CW as a brand hardly carries the same weight as the Big Boys (Roly, Bondmega, Blingling etc), yet you can pick up one of those for this price.

I know the movement is special and complex, but does that justify smashing the previous highest price by nearly 1500 notes? (C9JH)?

I have reserved one pending price and I'm now considering removing the order or selling a kidney.... which to be?

Any thoughts?

Hi. I have written quite a bit about this and not made many friends in the CW world. I mainly agree. The family are very proud to own 5 CW watches, for us purchased as they offered Hugh value for money ratio. That is a class mech timepiece at a low cost to sale price ratio. CW mentioned he would like to produce a £1k watch that would normally cost £10k if made by some other manufacturer. I was thrilled to have found CW who bucked the system and gave me huge value for money. The possibility of a £2.5 watch this year and who no's what thereafter had put CW out of my reach. And perhaps into the market where if you can afford £2.5k might look elsewhere.

Five years ago I loved having a C5 auto for £200 plus knowing that if it was a Rolex or omega it would have costed a lot more.

I'm not sure what the CW cost sale ratio is, but I would guess it to be between 2-3 times the cost. Not the ten times originally hoped for and no longer the 3-4 mentioned on the web site.

I'm not kicking CW as they have to changed and adapt and keep profitable and pay there shareholders and backers. But they have moved on whereas I have not.
CW Jumping hour
CW C9 Harrison auto
CW C5
CW Victoria deco
CW Ladies lido
Steinhart Ocean 1
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

The forum said similar things when the C9 JH was released at over £1K but they sold out very fast. And the same argument holds. Yes you can buy a lot of other brands watches at £2.5K but not not that complication. You are not comparing like with like. And the new C5 Mk II's are only £265 for a Swiss Made auto with sapphire glass, 316 SS etc. So they are not forgetting their roots but stretching into new areas.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
robert_ford
Junior
Junior

Post by robert_ford »

ianblyth wrote:The forum said similar things when the C9 JH was released at over £1K but they sold out very fast. And the same argument holds. Yes you can buy a lot of other brands watches at £2.5K but not not that complication. You are not comparing like with like. And the new C5 Mk II's are only £265 for a Swiss Made auto with sapphire glass, 316 SS etc. So they are not forgetting their roots but stretching into new areas.
You make a valued point, I am one of those that purchased a JH. But I don't feel the same uniqueness about a 2.5k mono pusher. Just my taste. CW still produce some great watches and I hope that they do keep to thier roots. :D
CW Jumping hour
CW C9 Harrison auto
CW C5
CW Victoria deco
CW Ladies lido
Steinhart Ocean 1
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

andyg wrote:Haven't visited this thread since it was posted...

Any thoughts?
The price may seem shocking and, yes you can get the some of the big boys in this price range. What you can't get is a single button chrongraph like this for this price.

Sell the kidney. :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
bootsy
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by bootsy »

The C900 is being hand assembled by only two people one of whom designed it. It's not a watch it's a piece of art. From that point of view it looks very good value indeed.
ahogg2102
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by ahogg2102 »

If i had 2500 to spend on a watch I'd rather spend it on the C900 this than a basic bottom of the range expensive brand.
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by TempusFugit »

One of us said they'd pre-ordered or reserved a C900. How was that done? I see nothing on the website about the C900.
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

TempusFugit wrote:One of us said they'd pre-ordered or reserved a C900. How was that done? I see nothing on the website about the C900.
We were invited on the chat to submit a request to Wera to reserve a number if you wish.

Email Wizziethewiz@christopherward.co.uk if you so desire.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by andyg »

TempusFugit wrote:One of us said they'd pre-ordered or reserved a C900. How was that done? I see nothing on the website about the C900.
I emailed Wera direct. :thumbup:
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"
TempusFugit
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by TempusFugit »

Ah! I missed that. Thanks.
Four CWs and too many others to list!
And loads of clocks.
And bicycles.