Chat with Chris photos June 22, 2012

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Chat with Chris photos June 22, 2012

Post by andyg »

jack wrote:
andyg wrote:
jack wrote:Some of the jump hour posts are way over the top.

If you did buy one only because it was an exclusive, well, that's kind of strange in itself. At most I suspect, the exclusivity may be but an influence along with several other more important ones, such as the look of the watch and the workmanship that had been put into it. Not to mention the bargain that it is for the money. And for a Jump Hour, the price was certainly a bargain.

I have to wonder how the fact that Chris is now to bring out a brother (or sister) to the Jump Hour, would seriously make anyone want to send back their previously bought Jump Hour, or rush off to Trading Standards :lol: . If you really like the watch, in all honesty, how could this really be an issue? Get over yourselves :thumbdown:

And in any case, the new model is different, the Rose Gold gives it a very different personality and will often appeal to a different buyer.

I know I'll never buy the Jump Hour myself. I like the elgance of the design, but it is just not quite right for me. However, it is a special CW and is one of the models that in years to come (if not already) will be seen as a step change for the brand, or a step up. And if you really are a friend of the brand, that should be good news. Another model even more so because it is an indication of success.

And please, no more talk of deception etc, not only is it a gross overreaction and totally unsubstantiated, it really isn't fair. CWL have over the years been a very reliable and honest brand. And Chris doesn't hide from his fans, or from criticism. Mistakes have been made occasionally, but that's part of the story when launching a new watch brand that strives to provide something special at a reasonable price. It gives meer mortals the chance to own some real quality watches. For most of us on here, it's an adventure. And we're lucky to be in at the beginning :wink:

Cheers,
Jack.
If you had spent a sizeable amount on any product that you had been told was 1 of 200 on the planet, you'd be seriously miffed too. On a more serious note, the statement that CWL made regarding this piece and it's production numbers are legally binding and are subject to trading standards regulations. That is not a laughing matter. If you disregard the rule of law or common decency as a business you are no better than Barclays Bank in my opinion.

I am confident Chris will do all he can to make good this mess, and take steps to ensure no repeat of this PR mess.

But do not ridicule peoples legitimate concerns and frustrations.

For the record, I do not own a C9JH.
:lol: Yes it is. And it's posts like this that crack me up! Get over yourself.

And it is one of 200.

And as far is legality is concerned - I'd be really very surprised if the team had not checked out the legality.

Cheers,
Jack.
PS: do stop, it's bad for my operation scar. :lol:
Lobotomy operation was it?

:clap:
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"
MorrisOx
Guru
Guru

Post by MorrisOx »

Anyway, getting back to the thrust of this thread...

C7 Mkll with numbers looks good, a sensible evolution of a classic, widely-mimicked design.

C9 Rose gold numbers...still looks a tad too plain for me, not something I'd pay extra for.

C9 chrono blue face...looks promising, better than the satinised dial on current C9s (which look a bit cheapt to me). Need to see it in situ and properly lit to pass an infomed judgement.

Makaira...hangs together well as a design, hint of Lume tec about it, not my style either way.

C900 monopusher...very promising, classy detailed execution will be everything

C10...the C8 case rides again! Would work better if it was brushed steel. Also need to know if it's a flat, printed dial - that was the big disappointment for me when my C8 Mk l landed in the flesh way back when. Didn't have any depth to it. Never feel in love with it and kept it simply because it was the fourth production model.

In summary, I've been hanging round Steinhart a lot in recent months. Some of these might bring me back.
C5 Malvern Aviator LE
C8 Pilot Mk1 004
C3 Malvern Chrono
C4 Peregrine 'Phoenix'
Eterna Airforce
Steinhart Nav B Chrono II
Steinhart Ocean One GMT
Bulova Moonwatch
Marloe Coniston Bluebird
Steinhart Nav B-Uhr
Longines Master Chrono Moonphase
cholmes
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by cholmes »

Gosh the hands on the monopusher are so lovely.
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

Cheers Jack I'm gonna need those meds!
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

MorrisOx wrote: In summary, I've been hanging round Steinhart a lot in recent months. Some of these might bring me back.
I'm the opposite. I sold my Steinhart recently and have no real desire to order anything from them. Some of their designs are nice but they don't come out with new stuff all that often. I've heard too many stories about issues with quality control recently. My OVM was fine, but a lot of the newer ones seem to have misaligned bezels and crystal that's not lined up properly and other various issues. Their customer service is also not very responsive. I've gravitated towards CW because their designs speak more to me (particularly the dress watches) and their customer service is top notch.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I just thought I would let everyone know that Chris is aware of the discussions here regarding the C9 Jump Hour.

He is going to take some time to review everything. I will follow up when I hear anything.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Peteo »

Kip wrote:I just thought I would let everyone know that Chris is aware of the discussions here regarding the C9 Jump Hour.

He is going to take some time to review everything. I will follow up when I hear anything.
Thanks for following up, Kip. This issue doesn't concern me on the practical or theoretical level, but I'm glad that it's being communicated to the top regardless. Cooler heads shall prevail, and all will be worked out, I'm sure.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
fbd223
Junior
Junior

Post by fbd223 »

Make the new C7 in green with an automatic movement and I'll open my wallet
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

[If you did buy one only because it was an exclusive, well, that's kind of strange in itself. At most I suspect, the exclusivity may be but an influence along with several other more important ones, such as the look of the watch and the workmanship that had been put into it. Not to mention the bargain that it is for the money. And for a Jump Hour, the price was certainly a bargain.

I have to wonder how the fact that Chris is now to bring out a brother (or sister) to the Jump Hour, would seriously make anyone want to send back their previously bought Jump Hour, or rush off to Trading Standards :lol: . If you really like the watch, in all honesty, how could this really be an issue? Get over yourselves :thumbdown:

And in any case, the new model is different, the Rose Gold gives it a very different personality and will often appeal to a different buyer.

I know I'll never buy the Jump Hour myself. I like the elgance of the design, but it is just not quite right for me. However, it is a special CW and is one of the models that in years to come (if not already) will be seen as a step change for the brand, or a step up. And if you really are a friend of the brand, that should be good news. Another model even more so because it is an indication of success.

And please, no more talk of deception etc, not only is it a gross overreaction and totally unsubstantiated, it really isn't fair. CWL have over the years been a very reliable and honest brand. And Chris doesn't hide from his fans, or from criticism. Mistakes have been made occasionally, but that's part of the story when launching a new watch brand that strives to provide something special at a reasonable price. It gives meer mortals the chance to own some real quality watches. For most of us on here, it's an adventure. And we're lucky to be in at the beginning :wink:

Cheers,
Jack.[/quote]

If you had spent a sizeable amount on any product that you had been told was 1 of 200 on the planet, you'd be seriously miffed too. On a more serious note, the statement that CWL made regarding this piece and it's production numbers are legally binding and are subject to trading standards regulations. That is not a laughing matter. If you disregard the rule of law or common decency as a business you are no better than Barclays Bank in my opinion.

I am confident Chris will do all he can to make good this mess, and take steps to ensure no repeat of this PR mess.

But do not ridicule peoples legitimate concerns and frustrations.

For the record, I do not own a C9JH.[/quote]

:lol: Yes it is. And it's posts like this that crack me up! Get over yourself.

And it is one of 200.

And as far is legality is concerned - I'd be really very surprised if the team had not checked out the legality.

Cheers,
Jack.
PS: do stop, it's bad for my operation scar. :lol:[/quote]

Lobotomy operation was it?

:clap:[/quote

Oh deary me! I didn't realise I was duelling with someone sooo witty. You really should give up your day job. Brilliant. :lol:

Feel happy throwing out insults from your rocking chair, you battle hardened warrior you? I guess you do...The irony from my perspective is even more excruciatingly amusing than your hand wringing post about trading standards :lol:

Why don't you try to develop a bit of proportion and perspective and then try a reasoned argument. Supported by facts.

And, if you really believe your allegations about CWL in relation to the JH are right - why not email Chris with them. He might even welcome your advice. As I'm sure he hasn't even thought of it :shock: . Maybe he'll offer you a job as his legal and contracts consultant? :D

:lol:

Cheers,
Jack.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

See Christopher Wards response to the C9 JH Rose Gold concerns here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Kip wrote:See Christopher Wards response to the C9 JH Rose Gold concerns here.
And I think the response draws a neat line under the whole 'handbags' episode above. :roll:

Now. About that logo.................... :lol:
Richard
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Now. About that logo.................... :lol:[/quote]

Ha ha ha
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

Now. About that logo.................... :lol:[/quote]

Interesting precedent...

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
JRAD
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by JRAD »

Well... I know there are a lot of opinions but I figure this is like wine or beer. You just know what you like. I frankly like quite a few of these and am eager to see them materialize. I especially like the automatic for SWMBO and the new C11 diver, if Auto is gorgeous. I also like the additions to the dressier side of things. Just my opinions but I love that Chris is continuing to grow the brand and more importantly, willing to engage his biggest fans.

Also, big thanks to Kip and others for pulling this together and making it all go.
C8KVKT Pilot Mk II - U-2 Vintage Edition #1184!
C60 GMT w/Bracelet and Orange Leather Strap
Bueche Girod
Bulova Marine Star

Funding my addiction through photography. Feel free to make reckless purchases at http://www.jonathanradin.com
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

downer wrote:
Kip wrote:See Christopher Wards response to the C9 JH Rose Gold concerns here.
And I think the response draws a neat line under the whole 'handbags' episode above. :roll:

Shame in a way. I thing Andy and me were enjoying it a bit. We're both thinking of giving up our day jobs now :shock:

I'm very impressed with Chris' decision in terms of customer response.

Cheers,
Jack.