Chat with Chris photos June 22, 2012

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
cholmes
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: Chat with Chris photos June 22, 2012

Post by cholmes »

Hi Kip, Chris (if you're reading) and all,
I have been out of communication since the day before chat and today is the first chance I had to view the pictures. I am jumping right to the end of this thread to say:

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great great great!!!! Its been a couple years since I communicated with Chris about what I'd love in a watch but I think I specifically requested guilloche, blue cabochon on the winder, and (as you have heard from me many times) automatic.

I can't wait to see the photos. I can't wait to see it on my wrist.

Now I will go back and read eleven pages of comments to see what the rest of y'all thought. PS, is the transcript posted already?
triffidman
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by triffidman »

I'll steer clear of the 2 controversial elements to this thread (love for the new logo, and the C9 JH Rose). Just putting in my thoughts:

1) The C11 divers are beautifully modern and I for one will probably invest, the modern looks are massively helped by having '0' instead of '12'. I really hope this design is final, as it seems others aren't so keen and prefer a '12' there. To me, this design shows a new direction for CW.

2) The C9 Rose Numeral appears to me to have a WHITE face. Have I missed something along the way, or do we think this is just the photo causing this to look white. White is NICE!!! What does everybody else think, is it white or silver?

3) The blue C9 Chronograph face looks very tantalising, this could possibly be my most expensive watch purchase - really tasty.

4) Still no mention of moonphase though..... :problem:
C60 GMT (SOKKO)
C40 Chronograph

Laco Helsinki
Tissot T Touch Expert

Casio G-Shock Frogman
Casio G-Shock GPW-1000
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

cholmes wrote:HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see the photos. I can't wait to see it on my wrist.
Brilliant, Carolyn...you've waited long enough! :thumbup:

Now we want a boys' version...slightly more masculine design, but please, Chris, not massive! [-o<
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

jack wrote:Some of the jump hour posts are way over the top.

If you did buy one only because it was an exclusive, well, that's kind of strange in itself. At most I suspect, the exclusivity may be but an influence along with several other more important ones, such as the look of the watch and the workmanship that had been put into it. Not to mention the bargain that it is for the money. And for a Jump Hour, the price was certainly a bargain.

I have to wonder how the fact that Chris is now to bring out a brother (or sister) to the Jump Hour, would seriously make anyone want to send back their previously bought Jump Hour, or rush off to Trading Standards :lol: . If you really like the watch, in all honesty, how could this really be an issue? Get over yourselves :thumbdown:

And in any case, the new model is different, the Rose Gold gives it a very different personality and will often appeal to a different buyer.

I know I'll never buy the Jump Hour myself. I like the elgance of the design, but it is just not quite right for me. However, it is a special CW and is one of the models that in years to come (if not already) will be seen as a step change for the brand, or a step up. And if you really are a friend of the brand, that should be good news. Another model even more so because it is an indication of success.

And please, no more talk of deception etc, not only is it a gross overreaction and totally unsubstantiated, it really isn't fair. CWL have over the years been a very reliable and honest brand. And Chris doesn't hide from his fans, or from criticism. Mistakes have been made occasionally, but that's part of the story when launching a new watch brand that strives to provide something special at a reasonable price. It gives meer mortals the chance to own some real quality watches. For most of us on here, it's an adventure. And we're lucky to be in at the beginning :wink:

Cheers,
Jack.
I have posted on this already and am torn between loving the Rose gold jumping hour and at the same time thinking CWL kind of shot themselves in the foot with their original Limited edition statement. I think your points are fair enough and allow me to reconcile myself to my reservations on this. Clearly then Jack it is your fault that I now really really would like a Rose gold jumping hour, which is a real bummer cos I'm damned if i know how I will ever be able to afford one!
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by andyg »

If you did buy one only because it was an exclusive, well, that's kind of strange in itself. At most I suspect, the exclusivity may be but an influence along with several other more important ones, such as the look of the watch and the workmanship that had been put into it. Not to mention the bargain that it is for the money. And for a Jump Hour, the price was certainly a bargain.

I have to wonder how the fact that Chris is now to bring out a brother (or sister) to the Jump Hour, would seriously make anyone want to send back their previously bought Jump Hour, or rush off to Trading Standards :lol: . If you really like the watch, in all honesty, how could this really be an issue? Get over yourselves :thumbdown:

And in any case, the new model is different, the Rose Gold gives it a very different personality and will often appeal to a different buyer.

I know I'll never buy the Jump Hour myself. I like the elgance of the design, but it is just not quite right for me. However, it is a special CW and is one of the models that in years to come (if not already) will be seen as a step change for the brand, or a step up. And if you really are a friend of the brand, that should be good news. Another model even more so because it is an indication of success.

And please, no more talk of deception etc, not only is it a gross overreaction and totally unsubstantiated, it really isn't fair. CWL have over the years been a very reliable and honest brand. And Chris doesn't hide from his fans, or from criticism. Mistakes have been made occasionally, but that's part of the story when launching a new watch brand that strives to provide something special at a reasonable price. It gives meer mortals the chance to own some real quality watches. For most of us on here, it's an adventure. And we're lucky to be in at the beginning :wink:

Cheers,
Jack.
If you had spent a sizeable amount on any product that you had been told was 1 of 200 on the planet, you'd be seriously miffed too. On a more serious note, the statement that CWL made regarding this piece and it's production numbers are legally binding and are subject to trading standards regulations. That is not a laughing matter. If you disregard the rule of law or common decency as a business you are no better than Barclays Bank in my opinion.

I am confident Chris will do all he can to make good this mess, and take steps to ensure no repeat of this PR mess.

But do not ridicule peoples legitimate concerns and frustrations.

For the record, I do not own a C9JH.
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

TempusFugit wrote:Kip

Suddenly claiming that the original wording meant only that colour etc is nonsense.

I shall write to CW and if he does intend to sell more I shall request a full refund for the return of the watch. I suggest other C9JH owners do the same.
I would suggest you reread my post and quote where I have stated or insinuated that the original wording meant one color. The wording states Jump Hour...I get that.

Please do not put words in my mouth. I merely offered a possibility of what may have happened.

It is Chris's business and if we do not like the way he runs it we have options. Has anyone considered that perhaps he simply made a mistake? I don't know why the statement was there in the first place but I suppose you could compare it with a politician saying "..no new taxes" and then raising them. I doubt this completely. As for Chris being honest and decent, I will most certainly vouch for him and he has the track record to prove it.

Neither I, or anyone else has the answer to your question. Only Chris can tell you, unless he tells me first to relay. You might not like the answer when it comes and if so are free to exercise the your options.

I am sure he has good reasons and an explanation and if we could show a bit of patience I am sure we just might get an answer. I did state that I had just brought this concern of several to his attention. Give the man a chance to return to work and respond.

As for me, as I said. I like..I will but it..and have IMO 2 beautiful Limited Edition Jump Hour watches......and yes I will have a monopusher as well.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
epicpro71

Post by epicpro71 »

The C9 Rose Numerals in automatic just blew me away!
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

andyg wrote:
If you had spent a sizeable amount on any product that you had been told was 1 of 200 on the planet, you'd be seriously miffed too..
I did, and I'm not. I think it was a very nice watch for the money. If it was 1/200 - great, it's a bonus. If not, whatever. I still would have paid what I did for that watch.
trsleigh

Post by trsleigh »

Vicious49 wrote:
andyg wrote:
If you had spent a sizeable amount on any product that you had been told was 1 of 200 on the planet, you'd be seriously miffed too..
I did, and I'm not. I think it was a very nice watch for the money. If it was 1/200 - great, it's a bonus. If not, whatever. I still would have paid what I did for that watch.
I agree with Vicious49. I bought one of the original 200 and am perfectly ok with another 200 in rose gold. It would have been an entirely different kettle of fish if they had announced another 200 identical to the first batch.
Maybe the wording in the description could have been better -"Only 200 C9 Jumping Hour timepieces will ever be produced.." perhaps "Only 200 C9 Jumping Hour timepieces in steel will ever be produced.."
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by androo »

Only 200 C9 Jumping Hour timepieces will ever be produced
Ok I see a simple solution to this. all Chris has to do is change the name slightly, stick an "R" on the end for rose gold and he is true to his word. C9 Jumping Hour Rose Gold - see totally different watch. It is the way you read it. I do think there is enough change in the model, maybe go further and change the dial.

Not saying I agree or disagree with anyone. The wording does hint towards only 200 of the movement being made and CWL are known for very bad copy. I would have been very suprised if a new "style" had not been made due to the high demand of the watch. It was really like killing the goose before it started to lay and not good sense limiting to such small numbers before it even went on the market.
rickwylie

Post by rickwylie »

Hi, Guys

Just to say that I thought the C60 COSC looks fantastic

I always like a COSC with the 'up-gunned' movement as the watch just seems to have a more powerful 'engine' in it, so to speak!!

I's have one with a metal bracelet, though.

When will it be available?

Best wishes

Rick :D :D
:wave:
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru

Post by FieryTowse »

Would it be in poor taste to suggest that the W11 Amelia should perhaps have a little more water resistance?
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Omega Geneve Dynamic 135.0033 manual wind
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.02.003
Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial 233.30.41.21.01.001
Steinhart Ocean Two
Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLNR
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

FieryTowse wrote:Would it be in poor taste to suggest that the W11 Amelia should perhaps have a little more water resistance?
Nope! :D
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

andyg wrote:

Cheers,
Jack.
If you had spent a sizeable amount on any product that you had been told was 1 of 200 on the planet, you'd be seriously miffed too. On a more serious note, the statement that CWL made regarding this piece and it's production numbers are legally binding and are subject to trading standards regulations. That is not a laughing matter. If you disregard the rule of law or common decency as a business you are no better than Barclays Bank in my opinion.

I am confident Chris will do all he can to make good this mess, and take steps to ensure no repeat of this PR mess.

But do not ridicule peoples legitimate concerns and frustrations.

For the record, I do not own a C9JH.
:lol: Yes it is. And it's posts like this that crack me up! Get over yourself.

And it is one of 200.

And as far is legality is concerned - I'd be really very surprised if the team had not checked out the legality.

Cheers,
Jack.
PS: do stop, it's bad for my operation scar. :lol:
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

Beastmaster wrote:

Cheers,
Jack.
I have posted on this already and am torn between loving the Rose gold jumping hour and at the same time thinking CWL kind of shot themselves in the foot with their original Limited edition statement. I think your points are fair enough and allow me to reconcile myself to my reservations on this. Clearly then Jack it is your fault that I now really really would like a Rose gold jumping hour, which is a real bummer cos I'm damned if i know how I will ever be able to afford one!
I feel a bit guilty now :( . Tell you what, I'll pay for the extra meds you're gonna need! :thumbup:
I have to admit, Beastmaster, it does look good in Rose Gold version! I can certainly understand your conflict! You'll find a way :D

Cheers,
Jack.