Info from CWL HQ

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: Info from CWL HQ

Post by ianblyth »

asqwerth wrote:Any news about a ladies' auto/handwound?
Not 100% sure as we did not spend a lot of time on Ladies but he did mention that a well known popular men's model would be coming out in a smaller ladies size.
nathanclarinet wrote:C1 to C10. Handwound???
Nope. I doubt if anyone will guess what the C10 will be.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

I have to say that I would love for asqwerth to finally get her hands on a ladies auto/handwound.

She's waited long enough now.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Info from CWL HQ

Post by DSHall »

JAG wrote:
DSHall wrote:Green with envy. Why aren't CWL Scottish! If the L was Leith it would be even better ;)
Noooooooo welsh sounds better

Cardiff Watch Limited

Or

Cymru Watch Limited

Come on. You got a Grand Slam. We got a wooden spoon (handy for stirring porridge.) let us have something.
JonRB
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by JonRB »

Not 100% sure as we did not spend a lot of time on Ladies but he did mention that a well known popular men's model would be coming out in a smaller ladies size.
Could this be the mid-size diver a few of us have been asking for? Certainly hope so [-o< [-o<
Jon

It's about time...
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

JonRB wrote:
Could this be the mid-size diver a few of us have been asking for? Certainly hope so [-o< [-o<
Maybe, but "smaller ladies' size" could still mean quartz. I'm not going to build my hopes up for the moment.

Thanks though, Ian, for the heads-up, and scooter your support is much appreciated. :D
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

Very interesting Ian. Did CW confirm his commitment to the CHR.Ward logo, even for the expensive mono pusher?

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

robinbarke wrote:Very interesting Ian. Did CW confirm his commitment to the CHR.Ward logo, even for the expensive mono pusher?

Robin
Might as well get used to it. Based on the survey and other customer feedback , the new logo (with London added) is here to stay.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer

Post by downer »

Kip wrote:
Might as well get used to it. Based on the survey and other customer feedback , the new logo (with London added) is here to stay.
I guess I knew it was coming, but it's still bad news as far as I'm concerned. It confirms that the C60 FLE will be my final CW.
Richard
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

I dont like it either but not enough not to buy again. I just hope that they dont simply stick the name badge on the face like they did for the JH as it made it look very cheap.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

downer wrote:
Kip wrote:
I guess I knew it was coming, but it's still bad news as far as I'm concerned. It confirms that the C60 FLE will be my final CW.

Never say never!! :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
downer

Post by downer »

Kip wrote:
downer wrote:
Kip wrote:

Never say never!! :)
OK. I'll qualify it. Unless or until CW make another major change to the logo (into something I can pronounce and be happy to have on my watch dial), I will not buy another new CW. :)
Richard
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

If he makes a sub 40mm hand-wound he can put what he likes on it as far as I'm concerned! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

OK. I'll qualify it. Unless or until CW make another major change to the logo (into something I can pronounce and be happy to have on my watch dial), I will not buy another new CW. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Kip. Afraid I'm with Richard, the C60 FLE will be my last CW unless there is a serious rethink about the logo. I don't collect 'fashion' or 'lifestyle' pieces, which appears to be the direction of travel of the company and will concentrate my interest on fewer watches that are made by serious watch manufactures whose credo is not sales volume. There is nothing at all wrong with CHR.Ward watches but in my view they will not be collectable. Many on this Forum will disagree with me and that is yours and their prerogative!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by rcherryuk »

DSHall wrote:
JAG wrote:
DSHall wrote:Green with envy. Why aren't CWL Scottish! If the L was Leith it would be even better ;)
Noooooooo welsh sounds better

Cardiff Watch Limited

Or

Cymru Watch Limited

Come on. You got a Grand Slam. We got a wooden spoon (handy for stirring porridge.) let us have something.
Typical, any Scot would tell you, you don't stir porridge with a spoon, you stir it with a spurtle :D

Ye Sassenach Heathen :lol:

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22

Info from CWL HQ

Post by DSHall »

rcherryuk wrote:
DSHall wrote:
JAG wrote: Noooooooo welsh sounds better

Cardiff Watch Limited

Or

Cymru Watch Limited

Typical, any Scot would tell you, you don't stir porridge with a spoon, you stir it with a spurtle :D

Ye Sassenach Heathen :lol:

Rob
Well aware it's a spurtle mate, I have one, but wouldn't fit in with wooden spoon we just so proudly won. Had porridge this morning. Heathen? Yes. Sassenach? Technically yes, as a lowland Scot, but more commonly used to signify our English neighbours. ;)