Info from CWL HQ

Prototypes and sketches of non-production watches.
Forum rules
This part of the forum contains prototype-material, information and photo's kindly provided by CW. No high-quality photography of the final product, just a great opportunity to get an insight of what is going on over at CW!
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Info from CWL HQ

Post by gwells »

i guess i'm confused. i don't understand what makes the Cw logo more "collectable" than ChrWard. at least not in and of itself.
the "g" is for Greg...
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

gwells wrote:i guess i'm confused. i don't understand what makes the Cw logo more "collectable" than ChrWard. at least not in and of itself.
Liking or disliking the logo is strictly a matter of taste. ChrWard may be an interim logo until ChrWard London
comes along.

Some of us still prefer the old logo. And for us the old logo watches will be collectible. The interim ChrWard logo may be short lived, and as such may be collectible to some.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

maybe i read robin wrong. i was thinking he meant in general, but i can totally understand if you really dislike it, you don't want to buy any more.

personally i didn't like the Cw that much. i don't think the new logo is anything special, either, but (as i mentioned in an earlier thread), i think the Cw is a bit of a copout as far as design goes (this coming from someone who's been in the graphic design industry for 20+ years). it's a tough letter combination to build a logo out of, but i think a good professional designer could help chris work up something that's a better solution than either so far.
the "g" is for Greg...
Md2020666
Junior
Junior

Post by Md2020666 »

I'd second that
cunham32
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by cunham32 »

Forgive the following newbie question...

Which watches have the ChrWard logos? And why is that preferred and/or not preferred?
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

cunham32 wrote:Forgive the following newbie question...

Which watches have the ChrWard logos? And why is that preferred and/or not preferred?

Liking or disliking the logo is strictly a matter of taste.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

By all means, please use the search method..... We really don't need another thread on the logo subject. :silent:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
cunham32
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by cunham32 »

It would appear I have a lot of catching up to do! Thanks for the replies.
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by androo »

ianblyth wrote:
nathanclarinet wrote:C1 to C10. Handwound???
Nope. I doubt if anyone will guess what the C10 will be.
Oh. Did hope the C10 would follow the line and be a mechanical C1. At least I can get back to saving up now.
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

CWL :thumbup:
C.WARD London (reserved :thumbup: )
Chr.Ward :thumbdown:

I suppose we can take a little satisfaction that London has been retained, albeit under a certain amount of duress. Chr has & will never make sense as it can't be used in everyday language, so people will have to describe the watches as they have always been called. After all, would anyone ever say 'I've got a Pat.Philippe'? 'nuff said.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

ianblyth wrote:As I was away most of the week I did not want the C60 FLE parcel sent to the house so I asked if I could pick it up from CWL HQ as I do not live that far away. I popped in on Friday to pick up the C60 Forum LE Blue and it is a nice watch. I met Debs and the gang and was given a tour of the place by Wear who explained the work flow. They do a lot with a small number of people. :clap:

One of the reasons for going was to look at some of the models that I was unsure of. The C11, the C9 Auto and C9 GMT. I had a chance to look at those models and try them on. The C11 is now a definite to buy and the C9 Auto Silver on tan was very good. Better than I expected. And on an alligator strap with the reddish hue even better. More expense. :( :lol:

I got a chance to talk to Chris as he was back from Basel. Not only was he happy to talk but he showed me some drawings and prototypes of the new models that would be coming out and also designs that they are probably not going to do this year as they are not sure of them and they have enough already. I have to say not only was I impressed that he would take the time to talk to me but that he would go through all the new stuff. And I did not have to sign a non-disclosure agreement or anything. If fact in was not even talked about that I had to keep quiet but I will not reveal too much and let the normal disclosure take its course via Kip. :silent: All I can say is start saving now as there are some amazing new models and variations in the new line up.

Chris had tweeted about a C11 Marlin. It is a diver’s watch and it looks good. One version was going to be 1000m WR but that made it too thick so has been dismissed. Good I say as I sold my 3000m WR Breitling for the same reason - too thick. The limited edition C11 Marlin will be a first for CWL as well. In 2 ways. 8) I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised with the new variations of the C5, C5A and C7 and I am definitely looking forward to the C10 range. A new model number as it is a new case. No clues but it will be on my purchase list. :D The star has to be the mono pusher. One look at the drawing and I wanted to buy it. It looks beautiful and the movement with the Johannes Jahnke modifications looks quite good as well. It will probably be expensive but it does look expensive. So something for everyone whether it is dress, aviation, diver, sport or unique one offs like hand winds. An exciting year that is for sure.

And the pink front door is definitely gone. :lol:
CWL HQ
Everyone hates the new logo, yeah, yeah we know (its a killer for me too but design can be also) - So to put this thread back on track here are my thoughts:

C11 Marlin: Will be an internal bezel diver? ummmm not sure why it'll be a first in the second instance....maybe use of DLC?

Re-designs of current models: About time! (in some cases) but perhaps will only compound peoples ideas that the new logo = fashion watches?

C10: errrrr....chrono with gmt?...maybe another wierd complication like the jump hour?...No idea, come on one clue! just a tiny one?

Lets hope all the tiny details in each of the designs are fully thought out.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

A divers watch does not need a screw down crown if the seals are done properly. That is just another safeguard. There are divers watches that do not have SDCs.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

JAG wrote:The C11 at the moment isn't a screw in crown so seeing as a diver would need a screw in crown the C11 Marlin would need a case revamp to allow a screw in crown surly :problem:
Only the crown and tube would need to be redone. At most a slight modification to allow for the different tube.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
RustyinRochester
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by RustyinRochester »

Great spy work, Ian. And I love the pic of the building. The cottage looks like it could be in the mountains of Switzerland.
"In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first."
-George Carlin
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

With all the new flavours coming it sounds very interesting indeed.

A manual wind moonphase would be very cool :thumbup:
Graham