JasperCat - September 2021

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

JasperCat - September 2021

Post by JasperCat »

Well finally, here is my first SOTC, even though I’ve been on the forum for a few years.

I bought my first CW (a 43mm 5 Day Automatic Chronometer) a few years back and found this forum at that time. That watch was given to my father as a gift when I bought an Apple Watch, but I quickly realised I do much prefer mechanical watches, and so I bought my second CW (a C65 Cranwell) in July 2020, followed by a beautiful C5 Forum Limited Edition (from the sales corner) and have been amassing the collection ever since.

I’ve tried to build a balance of different watches, both style and function… I have quite a few from the C65 range, but also a variety from the other ranges.

I do have favourites of course and also some get worn significantly more than the others as “daily wear” watches. I’m particularly drawn to the SH21 models, such an amazing movement and I love the power reserve and small seconds on mine.

My favourite is the C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE… such a beautiful, functional, weighty piece, and mine has gained only one second per day since I got it :thumbup:

Probably my most worn is the C60 Elite GMT 1000, which is comfortable, lightweight and (as a I work with a team in Canada) very functional.

However I do have a very soft spot for the C65 Cranwell, as my first from the recent collection and also as I graduated from RAFC Cranwell back in the late 80s, of course I had to have one.

So here is the current SOTC… I’ve displayed them in a CW watch box, but normally most of the automatics live in watch winders and I do have a smaller Wolf box for the hand wounds.

C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
C65 Trident Diver SH21 Bronze LE
C65 Cranwell
C65 Chronograph
C65 316L LE
C65 Bronze (prototype)
C65 Black Gold
C65 Super Compressor

C8 Power Reserve
C1 Grand Malvern 5 Day Automatic
C63 GMT
C5 FLE
C65 AM 2 VEV SE
C60 Trident Pro 600 MkIi (Black DLC limited run)
C60 Trident Pro 600 MkIII
C60 Elite GMT 1000

There’s also an additional watch in the collection… C65 DiveTimer… but although purchased weeks ago, it hasn’t yet been out of the box… it was going to be worn first on my (hopefully) forthcoming holiday, but I’m now not actually sure I’m drawn to it as much, and since getting the C65 Chronograph recently, I now have a colourful fun watch… we’ll see, it may remain or I may sell it on…. I also have my eye on a couple of other recent CWs, but would likely move a couple on before purchasing these, as I think this is enough watches (for me) to have in a single brand collection :lol:

Thanks for looking.. Gary

9B072EBA-5CA3-4BFB-8BD1-E1AEFE976260.jpeg
DB07DDF6-717A-4F0F-B07A-4A1986950DBA.jpeg
2177257A-8122-4308-9D1A-150923BCE49D.jpeg
These users thanked the author JasperCat for the post (total 2):
TortoiseJonathaN_LI
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: JasperCat - September 2021

Post by MiniMpi »

An outstanding collection Gary :clap: :clap: :clap:

As we'd said before, we have a few watches in common and have a similar liking for the same type or look of watches.
We both have a C65 SH21 LE S/S, C60 Elite GMT 1000, C65 316 L LE and a C65 Super Compressor Black Sand.

I do love your C65 SH21 Bronze LE and the C65 Blue Chronograph.

Bonus points for having them all running and showing more or less at the same time too :thumbup:
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

MiniMpi wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:05 pm An outstanding collection Gary :clap: :clap: :clap:

As we'd said before, we have a few watches in common and have a similar liking for the same type or look of watches.
We both have a C65 SH21 LE S/S, C60 Elite GMT 1000, C65 316 L LE and a C65 Super Compressor Black Sand.

I do love your C65 SH21 Bronze LE and the C65 Blue Chronograph.

Bonus points for having them all running and showing more or less at the same time too :thumbup:
Thank you Ferg :D

Yes, we do have quite a few matches in our collection and I certainly see a few others in your collection, which I would gladly add to mine :thumbup:

Ah well spotted…. I actually didn’t bother setting the “daily wear” watches, as I normally reset those every week or so anyway, but the others usually are not worn as much, so they do of course stop… thought it best to wind and set them. The photos were taken shortly after each other, as I wanted to used the same watch box to display them :lol:

The even more eagle eyed may notice that the C1 5 Day is in fact a bit fast… unfortunately, this one seems to need regulation as it’s running about +25 secs per day… it’s not magnetised and on the timegrapher it’s reasonably consistently fast in all positions. I will be getting it back to CW for regulation, but just can’t bear to part with it yet for a few weeks.

Edit: Just realised that the date is wrong on the C65 AM2 VEV… the reason for that is simple… I’ve never bothered to reset it since buying it back Feb/Mar… it’s gained precisely 2 seconds in that time :shock:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Top notch, Gary.

You've clearly got the CW bug and it is very laudable that you want to try and sit at around the 12 / 13 mark.

Colourful C65? DiveTimer vs Chronograph? I'll advocate there is a place in your collection for both.

The DiveTimer is a fun watch with a capital 'F' whereas the Chronograph is overall a more serious piece, with a light hearted edge to it.

Finally, good luck in your quest for the new pieces you're considering.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

That’s a wonderful collection! Too hard to pick a favorite (or two, or three!) from that lot. Thanks for sharing.
Drew
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

JasperCat wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:34 pm The even more eagle eyed may notice that the C1 5 Day is in fact a bit fast… unfortunately, this one seems to need regulation as it’s running about +25 secs per day… it’s not magnetised and on the timegrapher it’s reasonably consistently fast in all positions. I will be getting it back to CW for regulation, but just can’t bear to part with it yet for a few weeks.
I think it's a prototype thing ! :lol:
Because my C60 GMT MK3 is also very off in it's timing, about -26 or thereabouts in most positions but in one position it's bearable at around -10 so I'll leave it alone for a while. I also want to physically wear it a bit more which may also help it.
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Nice collection indeed Gary, with some choice pieces. Outstanding.

nik
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

That is a superb bunch of watches there - you’re going to start challenging Ferg as a CW ambassador. Then of course there’s Kari, not to mention the grand master … Kip.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Great collection of CW's Gary. As the other Gary rightly says, you are getting into serious CW ownership territory and in the hallowed company of those guys mentioned above!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

These big CW collections are truly great :clap:
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Many lovely watches on display there, and all acquired in little over a year. Have you even got to know them all yet? I'd happily do a a lucky dip with either watch box.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Outstanding!

In my opinion, the dive timer is even more of a happy/fun color watch than the C65 Chrono and deserving of its own place. Hope you can get it some wrist time and connect with it!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Hi all,

Thanks for the lovely comments… yes, I am very taken with CW as both a brand and range of watches. I didn’t expect to collect quite so many, especially in such a relatively short space of time, but with (mostly) careful purchases at sale time, some used and the rest new, the collection has indeed just grown.

Importantly, I do wear them all, some more than others and I still need to spend more time with a few off them. I have a holiday coming up (hopefully) and have a selection that will be going on that trip (ones I don’t normally wear every week), so they will get more wrist time. The DiveTimer would likely make a fine beach holiday watch, so we’ll see how that goes. I agree, it is indeed unique and very fun and colourful :D

I haven’t yet fallen out of love with any one them, but as I said, I may rationalise the collection a little. However, there are three recent releases I am quite taken with and so can’t rule out them joining the collection somatime :lol:

I’m sure the next SOTC will be a little different, but equally there are a lot of these watches that are going absolutely nowhere :thumbup:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

What a fantastic, and balanced, collection...thanks for sharing :thumbup:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Cripes, I didn’t spot this last week! That really is a superb collection, Gary. Hard to pick a favourite, but I’m a bit in love with the Sealander GMT at the moment and your white dial version is stunning. And that’s from someone who doesn’t normally like white dials! :clap:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)