missF - May2021

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

missF - May2021

Post by missF »

Lots has changed since January! I've sold a number of watches to reduce my collection from one that maxed out at 12 and gave me rotation anxiety.... I've spent some time exploring different subsections of my collection so I could be certain what needed to go and what I wanted to keep. Possibly most significantly I sold my C11 - a watch I was certain I would never sell. As sentimental as I was about the C11, I am more sentimental about struggling with watches that don't get worn. Watches were meant to move, tic toc. I took a deep breath, and voted for change, fluidity, movement. Looking forwards rather than back. It went to a good home and I've never regretted selling it.

White has been the theme since January - rehabilitating my C60 trident GMT mk2; buying the Elliot Brown Kimmeridge; buying the Hamilton Khaki. I realise I have been looking for a brushed SS, auto, white dial, sporty every day bracelet watch almost since the beginning of this crazy adventure, and now, with the C63 auto, I've found it. The other three whites will be sold in due course.

What I'm left with (IMHO) is a rock solid five that I'm delighted by. Two GoDo every day watches (I consider the C65 sandstorm another great everyday watch), that come in at 38 and 39mm, two 36mm watches that are slightly smarter (but still of the everyday watch variety) - the Oris BCPD and the LLD. Lastly there's the vintage Tissot - needing serviced to properly bring it into the fold.

I don't think there's a single thing I need to change about this collection. I'm so chuffed. It's a result of a lot of time spent on this brilliant forum, a lot of learning, and a lot of help and advice from forumites. Did I say I was chuffed???!!!

5D679B02-657E-4605-8B07-9AE0673950B3.jpeg
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: missF - May2021

Post by jkbarnes »

That’s a wonderful collection, Lindsey, and I love the story of how you arrived at it. Your Sandstorm grows on me more and more every time I see it.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A quincunx of charisma and functionality. I offer my sincere contrafibularities! 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

missF wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:19 pm I don't think there's a single thing I need to change about this collection.
Congratulations, Lindsey! A splendid collection you have created here, thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures.

Does the sentence I included above from you mean you have cancelled your Traska order?
Best regards,
John
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Bident wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:25 pm
missF wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:19 pm I don't think there's a single thing I need to change about this collection.
Congratulations, Lindsey! A splendid collection you have created here, thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures.

Does the sentence I included above from you mean you have cancelled your Traska order?
The Traska summiteer arrived the day of the C63 release! :lol: I was very Impressed by the fit and finish. It's a very accomplished watch. But the colour in real life didn't appeal -- something you really can't tell til it's in your hands. So it went straight back in the box and is being returned. Win some and lose some. The C63 has just become the linch pin of my small-but-perfectly-formed collection :thumbup:
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

missF wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm ...my small-but-perfectly-formed collection :thumbup:
That’s a perfect description!
Drew
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Great collection Lindsey, really balanced and quality.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

missF wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm
Bident wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:25 pm

The Traska summiteer arrived the day of the C63 release! :lol: I was very Impressed by the fit and finish. It's a very accomplished watch. But the colour in real life didn't appeal -- something you really can't tell til it's in your hands. So it went straight back in the box and is being returned. Win some and lose some. The C63 has just become the linch pin of my small-but-perfectly-formed collection :thumbup:
Good to hear the fit and finish were up to snuff on the Traska. I’m trying to resist the temptation of ordering the mint dial Freediver when orders open next Sunday. :shock:

And your C63 is quite alluring too….. :problem:
Best regards,
John
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Very nice, MissF. I particularly like the LLD (even though my brief excursion in to LLD territory didn’t work out for me) and the C63. Congrats!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

You have a terrific collection Lindsey. Ut has been fun watching you get to this point. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

That's a lovely collection and I like the lot. I get your point about wearing them all, doing them justice, which is something that bothers me from time to time and can lead to a mini cull.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

A great quintet Lindsey. I can still imagine this causing a few selection headaches, but a lovely 'problem' to have.

Dare I say, the white C63 and LLD could be all that you would ever need.
Ryan
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

StrappedUp wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:01 pm
Dare I say, the white C63 and LLD could be all that you would ever need.
An intriguing thought! In fact, so delighted am I by the wearability of the C63 that I’ve been imagining life with it as a one watch. But I don’t think I’d get there - I love the others and have loved the journey it took to get there. So they’ll stay - for the time being! :lol:
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Lovely. I must admit when I first saw the Sandstorm I in your photo I though it was a UG Polerouter! The new C63 is lovely too, but it’s still your LLD that’s the winner in my eyes, it’s just such a classic. Well done Lindsey.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

missF wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:19 pmI'm so chuffed.

....and that is all that matters. :D
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’