Mini SOTC - AVO’s Blue Period

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Mini SOTC - AVO’s Blue Period

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Well, Picasso had one so why not!?

Since spring has taken hold more and more, I have been tending to relegate the perennial favourites to the watch box and have thoroughly enjoyed wearing my “Blue Collection” for the last 10 days or so.

The C65 Trident Diver: a perfect spring and summer watch with a nice relaxed vibe. No stranger to the Forum, this one. Looks equally good dressed up or down. I have a CW camel Oak strap for this as well but hardly ever wear it – this watch just looks so good on the QR bracelet!

C3A73C43-4C35-46A8-903F-1642B2039A1C.jpeg

Next we have the MeisterSinger Metris. Über-cool single-hander for those times when you really don’t need to count the minutes. It lives on a variety of interesting QR straps, but I think it’s such a good match with the CW blue and orange hybrid. I’m looking forward to taking this baby on holiday just as soon as I can – that’s what it was bought for but unfortunately it hasn’t seen action in that context yet! I’ll probably take it on the hybrid for daytime wear, and get hold of a CW Blue Cordovan with Bader deployant for evenings.

9449FE59-46F4-4C88-ADF6-9374783B1DBE.jpeg

Finally we have an old friend, the Orient Mako that has been with me for a number of years. It has also lived on the same Hirsch Tiger strap for a number of years. It has been on holidays, camping trips, hikes and so on. Never misses a beat, but when I enquired about having it serviced and getting the WR checked, I was quoted a silly price that was far more than the watch is actually worth. So I’m more than happy to let this lovely watch do beater duty until it gives up the ghost. Or I find someone to service it at a sensible price.

9FC5C38F-2B15-445D-95F3-61ECAD227DCE.jpeg

I shall probably wear the Speedy and Tank from time to time, especially at work (I’ve been promoted to 2.5 days until July to help cover a Maternity Leave! :lol: ). But these three definitely get the nod for the sunny days, long light evenings and warm weather – here’s hoping!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Mini SOTC - AVO’s Blue Period

Post by jkbarnes »

Lovely mini-collection! I can’t wait to see pics of the MeisterSinger on holiday. The two straps make for a perfect travel package.
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^ Thanks, Andrew. There was a time over the autumn and winter when I was finding the MeisterSinger quite difficult to live with. I wasn’t in a good place, time was dragging and the watch just seem to remind me of that. Instead of enjoying having time on my hands, because of the situation I started to resent it quite badly.

I feel much better about things now, and if there’s any possibility of getting myself on a Greek beach in late July or August, I’ll be there!
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Lovely little sub-collection :thumbup: and 3 very different watches 8)
Enjoy :D
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Nice.

I still reckon the Metris on a QR mesh would be the dogs bo*#£+ks for smart evening wear in a Mediterranean waterfront hostelry viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5973&p=850480#p850480
Tim
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

That MeisterSinger always grabs me. Placing a 0 in front of the otherwise single digits gives a sense of balance rarely seen on a dial. And the justification behind it as a vacation watch is just brilliant. :clap:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

I like your Blue Period better than that of the Spanish image-bender's, @AVO.

Since we share the joy about the C65 Trident diver: I have mine on a Vario single-pass twill NATO, midnight blue/beige divider, and it is fantastic for a change-up from bracelet.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

A smart trio Steve, for which one could easily make a case that you don't actually need any other watches.

Its good that you've brought the Mako out, we don't see it often.

I'm on my second one at the moment, a black dial version, which I prefer over the upgraded, but sanitized, current version. I think the separate pusher to change the day adds character.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Amor Vincit Omnia

timor54 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:22 pm Nice.

I still reckon the Metris on a QR mesh would be the dogs bo*#£+ks for smart evening wear in a Mediterranean waterfront hostelry viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5973&p=850480#p850480
It’s a nice idea, Tim, and yours certainly does look good on the mesh. My problem is that I really don’t get on with mesh straps, I have tried and failed.
Steve

Amor Vincit Omnia

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:32 am A smart trio Steve, for which one could easily make a case that you don't actually need any other watches.
One could, I agree, but it won’t be happening. I do realise, however, that I have a seasonal affinity for certain watches.
Steve

Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Very nice mini collection AVO, I think the Meister has a real impact. I also like the do it all, been everywhere, nature of the Mako (its attractive too), like a pair of comfortable, familiar, well travelled boots that you pull on and they just keep going.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^The Mako has not been quite everywhere, though by my reckoning it has been to Cyprus, Turkey, Greece, the Canaries, and Portugal. Add in a couple of trips to a French Château and plenty of camping and walking, as well as gardening and bricolage, and it has done well.
Steve

Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Preaching to the converted as I also love Blue watches! The C65 Blue diver is so versatile on bracelet or camel strap....and it really is a great one to have in the collection. Another enjoyable post.

Always tricky to match the blue dial to the blue ocean water tones!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Amor Vincit Omnia

Viognier wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:27 pm Always tricky to match the blue dial to the blue ocean water tones!
Not if you live round here. The North Sea is mostly a mucky grey tinged occasionally with a delicate touch of Scheiβbraun!

Steve

iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Nice trio of watches here Steve. One question and something that has intrigued me about your Meistersinger, how does the cyclops affect reading the time?

I have assumed, rightly or wrongly, that unless you view this straight on, there will be some element of refraction? This normally wouldn’t be a problem, but the 5.30 to 6.30 time window is when I’m usually half asleep, no glasses, and struggling to read a watch at the best of times. Is this an issue for you, or could it be for someone who uses their watch in bed to check whether it’s time to get up, or go back to sleep?
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.