SOTC Iain March 2021

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: SOTC Iain March 2021

Post by StrapMeister »

BINGO! :applaus:
...do I get to choose one as a prize :lol:
I'll get my coat :escape:
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

StrapMeister wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:06 pm BINGO! :applaus:
Well seeing as you had the courage/cheek to ask...... :lol: :lol:

If you choose a favourite charity then I’ll donate a fiver as your prize. I’m sure the warm glow of satisfaction you’ll get from knowing your prize went to a good cause will out weigh any joy a well worn second hand watch would have brought you.....
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Ha ha. House!
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:07 pm Ha ha. House!
Too late, the prize has been claimed.......
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

iain wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:56 pm
StrapMeister wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:06 pm BINGO! :applaus:
Well seeing as you had the courage/cheek to ask...... :lol: :lol:

If you choose a favourite charity then I’ll donate a fiver as your prize. I’m sure the warm glow of satisfaction you’ll get from knowing your prize went to a good cause will out weigh any joy a well worn second hand watch would have brought you.....
That would be cool...
Although I'm a Blood Biker, there's actually another charity that is very close to my heart whom I used to work for on a voluntary basis and where I got my Greyhound - https://www.greyhoundlifeline.co.uk/
Thank you [-o<
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

StrapMeister wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:15 pm That would be cool...
Although I'm a Blood Biker, there's actually another charity that is very close to my heart whom I used to work for on a voluntary basis and where I got my Greyhound - https://www.greyhoundlifeline.co.uk/
Thank you [-o<
I’ve paid, looks like the Greyhound Lifeline is a smaller charity not set up to accept on line donations. I’ve made a bank transfer to them it don’t have a screen shot of the receipt you would get if I’d have made an online donation.

As someone who sponsors a dog through the dogs Trust, I’m happy to donate to another doggy cause.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

iain wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:26 pm
Thank you [-o<
I’ve paid, looks like the Greyhound Lifeline is a smaller charity not set up to accept on line donations. I’ve made a bank transfer to them it don’t have a screen shot of the receipt you would get if I’d have made an online donation.

As someone who sponsors a dog through the dogs Trust, I’m happy to donate to another doggy cause.
That really is very kind of you - thank you.
It is indeed a small Charity that relies purely on donations and volunteers.
When I lived in that neck of the woods, me and my OH used to help out with Kennel shifts and dog walking.
My OH also sponsors a dog through the dogs Trust.

P.S. Due to your kindness and my courage/cheekiness, I have just matched and sent a £5 donation as well.
Donation.JPG
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I missed this SOTC post, so rather belatedly I’ll say what everyone else has said... Cracking collection!
Richard
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

An excellent front nine Iain, one wonders if there might be a back nine in the fullness of time.

I won't pick a favourite but will offer the advice that a Damasko bracelet is superbly engineered, a tad on the hefty side and hugely expensive.

I had one on my DK15 and it transformed the watch for the better by camouflaging the short lug-2-lug on my largish wrist. However, If you're happy with straps on your DK I'd stick.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

StrapMeister wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:20 pm P.S. Due to your kindness and my courage/cheekiness, I have just matched and sent a £5 donation as well.
:thumbup:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:53 am An excellent front nine Iain, one wonders if there might be a back nine in the fullness of time.
I doubt there will ever be a back nine, a different nine, yes. But it won’t grow to 18.

I struggle with feelings of guilt for not wearing the ones I’ve got enough without increasing things too far. As new ones come, others will have to depart to make way. All part of the fun
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

I haven’t taken a wander through SOTC for a while, but really enjoyed yours. Bingo prize for me would be the IWC. Thanks for putting this together :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Bahnstormer_vRS

Thank you [-o<
Your post was not, I'm sure Nigel, a plea for general donations to Greyhound Lifeline but as a Greyhound owner too, and having got Davie from a Greyhound Rescue Kennels (to whom I make a monthly donation), I could not pass up the opportunity to make a donation (plus Gift Aid) to Greyhound Lifeline.

It was not a huge amount, but I'm sure they'll appreciate it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy

PS> @Iain - apologies for the hijack of your SOTC. :wink: :wink:

iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:57 pm PS> @Iain - apologies for the hijack of your SOTC. :wink: :wink:
To be fair Guy, I think I hijacked it myself first.

And if the result of the multiple hijackings is raising money for a good cause, who am I to complain.
Bahnstormer_vRS

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy

Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Iain an absolutely brilliant collection. I enjoy the SOTC posts with the back stories behind each watch. Without question the Zenith EP is my choice for pick of the litter! Though the IWC is as close second. Thank you for posting
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy