SOTC Iain March 2021

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Ceegee
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Re: SOTC Iain March 2021

Post by Ceegee »

Thanks for sharing. That's an excellent varied collection you have there. All bases covered I reckon. I've considered an IWC "mark" pilots watch a number of times, after seeing one on a colleague's wrist. They can look a bit plain in photos (as a pilot's watch should really. It's meant to be super legible) but they do look so much better in real life.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

Ceegee wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:49 pm Thanks for sharing. That's an excellent varied collection you have there. All bases covered I reckon. I've considered an IWC "mark" pilots watch a number of times, after seeing one on a colleague's wrist. They can look a bit plain in photos (as a pilot's watch should really. It's meant to be super legible) but they do look so much better in real life.
The IWC mark watches are very understated and most non watch enthusiasts have not heard of IWC so it really does ‘fly’ under the radar (pun intended).

As for legibility, the anti reflective coating, matt black face, white hands and markings means the time is always visible at any angle in any light. It’s not my most worn watch for nothing,
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Beautiful collection. Lots of different looks means a different watch for all occasions. Well done! :clap:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight