missF - January 2021

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

missF - January 2021

Post by missF »

It's been years since I did a SOTC. Truthfully my watches have a fairly low turnover.
Here's what the collection is looking like at the moment...

There are seven in total. The first three are the three that I'm choosing from exclusively for a month, as a kind of experiment in something or another.... Much knowledge will be gained by the end, I'm sure. See the 'Could You?' thread for more waffle.
The three are all vintage seiko - two are seiko fives (the golden face and the square), and the third, blue one, was a gift from a forum friend a number of years ago.
IMG_1199.jpeg
Of the rest, I have to start with the C11msl - my first serious watch buy, and what brought me here. It's still worn from time to time, though I've discovered smaller watches since then. It's currently on a Gunny chocolate fudge strap, which suits it down to the ground.
IMG_1194.jpeg
Next up is another vintage - a Tissot Seastar. Bought on the forum three or four years ago. It's lovely. Has a slight oval-shaped bezel which gives it some added interest. The martu strap is a permanent fixture.
IMG_1198.jpeg
Next -- the joy of my collection. The Longines Legend Heritage Diver in 36mm. I think I waffled enough when i first bought this watch. It feels like a grail. Permanently on mesh now after a flurry of strap buying.
IMG_1192.jpeg
Lastly, my most recent acquisition - the Elliot Brown Kimmeridge. This is my 'tough enough' watch for having got myself through a tough couple of years. But in spite of its rugged functionality it has a beautiful mother-of-pearl-y dial which I love. This is my only bracelet watch. I don't get on well with bracelets....!
IMG_1196.jpeg

I'm sure I'll have more to say about the seikos once I've explored wearing them for a month. But my collection as a whole gives me a whole lot of pleasure. It's a sum total of markers along the wayside, whim, time spent on this great forum, and searching for the next great sparkly thing :thumbup: :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: missF - January 2021

Post by stefs »

Lovely choices there Lindsey
I really like the square seiko, the c11 is superb but just tends to wear big but of course the wonderful LLD is the star.
Here’s to you enjoying them all in good health for a long time to come :thumbup:
Cheers now, Paul
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

What a great collection you've built over the last few years! Gone are the days of being a one watch person...

Thanks for sharing and continue to wear in good health!
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

jtc wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:43 pm Gone are the days of being a one watch person...
Indeed! I held out for a considerable time given the enabling that goes on here, but succumbed eventually. :lol:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Some great character to choose from. Of the Seikos I particularly like the square model with the subtle pattern dial.

I've always admired the LLD and the EB offers something different and fun.

Overall though the Tissot wins out for me. There is something about the classic style that I love.

Enjoy the Seiko month :thumbup:

Edit: I forgot to mention the CW! Pity their isn't a similar style in the current range.
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Bident »

A wonderful collection! Thanks so much for posting.
Best regards,
John
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

What a great collection you have there Lindsay :thumbup:

What really stood out for me was...
missF wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:33 pm But my collection as a whole gives me a whole lot of pleasure
which is all the matters and what it's all about :thumbup:
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

A nice collection there, one for every day of the week! Glad you like the EB, I think they make great watches. Outstanding customer service when you deal with them directly. The Kimmeridge shows what a watch can look like without all the excess unnecessary writing on the dial.Continue to enjoy them all.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

What a lovely collection you are building, with a vintage Seiko sub collection too (the golden day date on the suede strap looks superb).

I also particularly like the MSL on that thick strap, befitting the presence of that watch (CW's own Panerai) and the LLD is a classic too (just wish they split the difference between 36/42 and did a 39mm!).
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Hi Lindsey, it's great to see you back frequenting this place. Looks like you've got yourself a lovely collection going on there. Rather classy if I may say. I particularly admire the strap selections for each watch. I think you've nailed them all.
Steve.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A really nice collection, Lindsey. I well remember the excitement about your C11. Glad to see it's still there, but I love the Longines too. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
mik
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by mik »

That Longines looks good on the mesh.

Predictably <checks own wrist> I am going to say that the C11 is the highlight for me. :)
C11 MSL
C1000 Cockpit Edition
Alpina Alpiner 4
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Great to see you posting again regularly Lindsey :thumbup:

A lovely seven, with the LLD and square Seiko my favourites.

I also think that most folk underestimate Tissot; maybe because they sell so many watches. A brand with history and heritage.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Lovely collection, especially the vintage pieces. And the C11 has always been a personal favorite.
Drew
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

a pack of corkers!
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.