SOTC Thunder1 Steiny Collection

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

SOTC Thunder1 Steiny Collection

Post by Thunder1 »

Thought I'd post a pic of my Steiny collection as of 1.15.2021..pretty happy w/ the brand, overall..I think they represent terrific VFM..
Steinhart Collection 1-15-21(1).JPG
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: SOTC Thunder1 Steiny Collection

Post by strapline »

A lovely selection of Steinhart's there, and all on Jubilee's no less. Think it has to be the GNOMON for me personally, although all very nice. The collective noun for a group of such watches? How about a 'homage'. :lol: Seriously, they're very nice, great photo too.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

'pretty happy' you have 7! :lol: I would say you are more than pretty happy! Great collection of Steiny's. I also see you are a connoisseur of the Jubilee. :D
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

A very nice collection within a collection there! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Congrats on the new pickup, Chuck, and another great addition to the herd. I happen to be wearing my Ocean 39 GMT today too. :thumbup:
Best regards,
John
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

strapline wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:52 pm A lovely selection of Steinhart's there, and all on Jubilee's no less. Think it has to be the GNOMON for me personally, although all very nice. The collective noun for a group of such watches? How about a 'homage'. :lol: Seriously, they're very nice, great photo too.

Des
Evening, there, Des..yep, they're homages & all except the 2 Vintage GMT ceramics came from Gnomon..these, CW C65s, & Oris 65s seem to appeal the most to me these days..my current taste in wrist wear may be leading me to finally splurging on a current Rolex Sub(maybe for retirement in a couple of years?)..we'll see.. :problem:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

rkovars wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:52 pm 'pretty happy' you have 7! :lol: I would say you are more than pretty happy! Great collection of Steiny's. I also see you are a connoisseur of the Jubilee. :D
Yep, the Steinart jubilee is a very fine bracelet, both in terms of 'feel' & looks...and,my SOTC post was largely motivated by seeing your SOTC post..very well done, very interesting background presented..I have a hankering for(or own) several of yours..as I've already mentioned, I wish that there was a 39mm version of your Steiny available.. :(
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:12 pm A very nice collection within a collection there! :thumbup:
Thanx Steve!!..
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Bident wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:10 pm Congrats on the new pickup, Chuck, and another great addition to the herd. I happen to be wearing my Ocean 39 GMT today too. :thumbup:
Afternoon, there, John...you know, I've been impressed w/ your GMT ever since you started posting pics of it..have read nothing but good things about it!!!..anyway, good luck hunting!!..
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Thunder1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:51 pm
rkovars wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:52 pm 'pretty happy' you have 7! :lol: I would say you are more than pretty happy! Great collection of Steiny's. I also see you are a connoisseur of the Jubilee. :D
Yep, the Steinart jubilee is a very fine bracelet, both in terms of 'feel' & looks...and,my SOTC post was largely motivated by seeing your SOTC post..very well done, very interesting background presented..I have a hankering for(or own) several of yours..as I've already mentioned, I wish that there was a 39mm version of your Steiny available.. :(
Those bracelets are really great. It seems that they are pretty choosey about what they release at 39. I saw your post about the possibility of a Sub. With your love of the 39 mm Steiny's I would look at an early 2000s Sub or Sea-Dweller. The older case size with more modern movements and improvements like sapphire crystals. I've seen good examples down in the $7k range if you are patient (and especially if you don't care about box and papers). Certainly below $10k. If it were me that's where I would be looking.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Your Steinhart sub-collection is modest only in comparison to your immense collection of Ebels; for most of us that’s an impressive collection there Chuck. You clearly like them a lot and I know from past Steinhart ownership just what good value they are.

Were I to pick just one, it’d have to be the Gnomon edition; I think they’ve done a really good job with that one.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

rkovars wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:34 pm
Thunder1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:51 pm
Those bracelets are really great. It seems that they are pretty choosey about what they release at 39. I saw your post about the possibility of a Sub. With your love of the 39 mm Steiny's I would look at an early 2000s Sub or Sea-Dweller. The older case size with more modern movements and improvements like sapphire crystals. I've seen good examples down in the $7k range if you are patient (and especially if you don't care about box and papers). Certainly below $10k. If it were me that's where I would be looking.
Thanx for the inspiration(enablement?) re: the Sub..I'll start looking underneath the couch cushions for loose change!!... :lol:
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

gaf1958 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:46 pm Your Steinhart sub-collection is modest only in comparison to your immense collection of Ebels; for most of us that’s an impressive collection there Chuck. You clearly like them a lot and I know from past Steinhart ownership just what good value they are.

Were I to pick just one, it’d have to be the Gnomon edition; I think they’ve done a really good job with that one.
Thanx Gary!!..of course, I could always find some room for a fine Omega like one of yours!!..and yes, I think Steinhart has improved the quality of their offerings(properly turning bezels, aligned GMT hands) over the years..wish they'd do something w/ their clasps, though.. :problem:
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

Thunder1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:44 pm
strapline wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:52 pm A lovely selection of Steinhart's there, and all on Jubilee's no less. Think it has to be the GNOMON for me personally, although all very nice. The collective noun for a group of such watches? How about a 'homage'. :lol: Seriously, they're very nice, great photo too.

Des
Evening, there, Des..yep, they're homages & all except the 2 Vintage GMT ceramics came from Gnomon..these, CW C65s, & Oris 65s seem to appeal the most to me these days..my current taste in wrist wear may be leading me to finally splurging on a current Rolex Sub(maybe for retirement in a couple of years?)..we'll see.. :problem:
D'ya know what Chuck, they're all SO nice, and you'll have built up such history and rapport with them, that by the time you find yourself in a position to blow big dollars you probably won't want to. After this terrible virus episode a very memorable retirement vacation would probably top my list. You have some lovely watches afterall.

D
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Great "sub" collection of Steiny's there Chuck, I haven't owned one but by all accounts they are well made and great vfm watches. I'd like one day to see a complete SOTC from you, I think that would be quite a sight!
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way